Pages:
Author

Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam? - page 14. (Read 14801 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Look for projects with a good profitable idea with growing market demand.
There are also some good cryptocurrency blogs with regular reviews and comparisons of recent ICOs, for example, here is a good recent one, all their previous advice seems trustworthy: 5 Moon-shot ICOs set to shine in April and May 2018
BTW, his top 5 ICOs to invest in these two months are:
1. LCCX
2. Truegame
3. BitRewards
4. Minerva
5. XTRD
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I found this ICO that is still pre release today actually , just stumbled upon it. It Honestly appears like a potentially big thing once more people hear about it, I did my research and I think I can say that ... Tongue
https://www.aigotoken.ai & https://www.aigo.ai appears to be the main websites , If there is a test I am missing then let me know ! ? white paper is thorough and they all check out as far
as team and developer . I guess you cannot help but think what if??
think its fake or real , yes no?
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
You're right , new ICO appear every day . But it is difficult for even the most experienced investors to check which of them are not scams ....
Activity: 84
Research is needed. There are categories you should use to come to the conclusion if a particular ICO is worth investing in. As a basic, you should definitely take a look at the core team, the whitepaper, the website, their social media, and their online presence.
Activity: 120
Merit: 5
First thing is to read their website and see if it looks good and legit or not if the white paper is good and well written then we should check their website and check if they really did the proper work on creating that website and last thing is we should check the team. That is the risk in investing in ICO it can be scam or not, make sure you verify first the people behind it if they are existing or not. You can check their linked in accounts
It may be that even if there is a command even if the idea and white paper is all right, may be such that the ICO project just didn't have the funds to start, and this prolongs the fundraiser. So that if even successful the can be simply extended.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Theres a lot of ICO today and maybe some of them is a scam, but to be aware in scam and have a legit ICO first u must look at their whitepaper and roadmap and what is the purpose of the project if it useful and how it work at all. See some proofs to be aware always curiousity is good as always be safe.
Activity: 301
Merit: 100
Next Generation Antivirus
First look at the project site.  View the team, find their pages on social networks and other information, study it.  To study the project branch on the forum, to analyze the developers' answers.  View activity in the group of telegrams. To monitor team work and product availability.
Activity: 112
Well, actually we can do our best by making research of the ICO, check the team, read the whitepaper and check on their website.. It is so important that we do it first before investing on an ICO, well.. nobody want to get scammed!
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Most impotent A project that can solve real life  problem. Also, Check the team . It is good if they developed successful projects in the past. Choose ICO with great idea which opened his code on Github and is highly rated by icorating etc.
Activity: 27
to be honest it is impossible to be 100% sure if its scam even you know hose people personally it can turned into disaster at end.
To minimalize risk try call to them, ask i email. Contact with their advisors that may lost reputation by joining their party.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
In current market conditions (in terms of growth) there will be far less scam projects. It will be more profitable for them to develop products and earn on long-time basis.
Activity: 138
Mining structure is disproportionately biased toward the development team
Although the ICO project's supply tables and mining structures do not always test the touchstones of scams, they can be used to cross-check other data points and verify the project's intent.
Simply put, premine refers to a portion of tokens being opened in advance to a small group of people before a cryptocurrency item is opened to the public. Sometimes this may be necessary for rewarding developers and early investors. However, if the percentage of tokens retained by the project for pre-mining is high, then we have reason to worry about it.
For example, Paycoin reserved most tokens to project developers whose founders were convicted of running a $9 million fraud program. The mining structure is biased toward the development team, which may indicate that the team's intention is to maximize its own financial gains through the appreciation of the tokens, rather than to keep the blockchain network going.
Activity: 113
Open source project repository is empty
If an ICO project proposes open source, but the GitHub repository is empty or not at all, this is often a dangerous sign.
One of the key features of many public blockchain projects is that they are open source. This means that the project's code base is usually uploaded to places like GitHub for everyone to review. For those with blockchain programming experience, reviewing the published code allows them to measure the effectiveness of the project.
One of the most obvious danger signals for a scam project is the lack of details on how technology works. For those investors who are not tech savvy, it would be helpful to check whether the project has uploaded files to a public repository or if there are products that can run.
Although Reddit is not usually a reliable source of investment advice, sub-sections for specific ICO or cryptocurrency assets often provide a good starting point for technical evaluation.
Activity: 84
Ensure you do your own research,do not folliw the crowd hye to invest,check in detsiks there whitpaper,the team behind the project,and there past track record,in terms there professional experience.Research before you invest. Do not be lazy to invrstigate about the project.
Activity: 154
Make sure that you read a lot prior to an investment. There are many scams out there but there are also many valuable projects. Check youtube channels, reddit and bitcointalk threads, see predictions, reviews, and place your judgment. For example, I invest in companies with credible records. For example:
Cointed, Giftz, RestartEnergy, Titanium, ATF, and Knowledge. Out of them, there are both ongoing and upcoming projects. You might wanna check them out. Good luck!
Activity: 195
Merit: 103
It would be best if you do some research before joining an ICO like knowing the people behind this and their goals in the future. check The Whitepapers and roadmaps if they plan their ICO successfully. Be an investigator in your chosen ICO.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
It seems like there's a new ICO just about everyday or two.  It is very difficult to follow all of them.  I usually look for something in a project that I would actually use in real life and if a token or coin is really necessary to keep the platform going. There is no guaranteed way to protect yourself from the fact that ICO will be a Scam. Not every Creator is counting on that. On the contrary most of the coins created with the hope of a long life, but the people decide to trust them or not
In my own opinion,You should make your own choice, because we really have too much icos right now, and almost all of them looks good, but not all will give you the money. Read their white paper, interrogate with them in various social media sources with different user names. Check their website for every small thing and find out a loophole if any
You have to spend much times to research an ICO project if you do these things. Of course, if you have a team to working with you, I think this problem can be solve easily. But, how to find a team really help you find good ICO at now? I recommend you should to use icobench and icodrops to find the best ICO projects, both sites are best site to analyze which things are good from the ICO projects.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
every ICO gives enough information for their investors and bounty participants to read. you can actually have your own investigation if a certain ICO is legit or scam.
Activity: 308
Merit: 134
You must spend lots of time and effort to choose one, even so, you still have a great possibility to get scams, it need a good luck on some sense, and I think its better to buy on large exchanges now
Activity: 90
Merit: 4
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
i also dont know how to check the new ICO as certainly, but normally i check thier idea, check the team, check road map, check the method which they pay for ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: