Pages:
Author

Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam? - page 17. (Read 14801 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 05:43:39 PM
You should make your own decision, because we really have too many ICOs right at the moment. Almost every of them looks good, but not all will give you the money, so you need to be careful. Invest your time to do a decent research for ICOs you are interested in.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
February 18, 2018, 02:50:19 AM
I always check this:

- Their technology
- Their team
- Their roadmap
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 02:49:10 AM
It is easy to know if the ICO is scam. You will see the team behind it if their are legit and if they have a great potential to be part of the ICO. Read the whitepaper of the ICO, sometimes it is better to read their whitepaper because it is already written there what is the roadmap of the ICO, teams, prices of the ICO, allocation and especially the platform of the ICO. Sometimes, it is too obvious if the ICO is in legitimate or not. It is better to read because if you don't read your time and your investment will be waste in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
February 18, 2018, 01:11:09 AM
The Initial Coin Offering market is very diverse, every day new projects start, from which you can get a good income. But investors need to carefully study where to invest their own funds in order to avoid losses.   
Activity: 81
February 17, 2018, 01:31:16 PM
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

Follow John McAfee @officialmcafee official page in Twitter and you will know actual information about very successful ICO.
Activity: 117
Merit: 1
February 16, 2018, 11:19:19 PM
You need to do your own research and DD, no one can guarantee that if a project is a scam or not. One way to find out maybe is checking if the social media account followers are real, and if the team sticks to their original plan and keep their promises.
Activity: 210
February 16, 2018, 10:54:44 PM

Dont follow any ICOs which have a weak team or unprofessional employee. Read the whitepaper before you decide to invest or not and Don't participate in a project that is unrealist.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
February 16, 2018, 06:18:30 PM
I've said this before, but I think it bears repeated. It's impossible to check if an ICO is a scam. However it's easy to tell if it's a bad investment: it's a bad investment if it says 'ICO'.

I am afraid you are right and it is impossible to tell if ICO is a scam or not. But you are definitely not right about investing in ICO.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
February 16, 2018, 06:13:36 PM
I've said this before, but I think it bears repeated. It's impossible to check if an ICO is a scam. However it's easy to tell if it's a bad investment: it's a bad investment if it says 'ICO'.
Activity: 378
Merit: 12
February 16, 2018, 05:32:51 PM
Check the team first. It is good if they developed successful projects in the past. Choose ICO with great idea which opened his code on Github and is highly rated by icorating etc.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 16, 2018, 05:19:49 PM
Need to check whitepaper, prototype, team, and advisors. Would also check the real world application of the coin/token.

I think, advisors - this is not an indicator. Ofen advisors simply take money for the fact that they are placed in advisors
Activity: 101
February 16, 2018, 12:12:34 PM
Given that most cryptocurrencies are distributed with open source, closed-source projects or those that do not disclose their base seem less credible. The main reason they are closed can be caused by the fact that the project code is not available at all. You can check the code on Github and similar services.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
February 16, 2018, 11:51:00 AM
Now there are a lot of guides in which people describe their algorithms for checking projects, so I advise you to pay attention to them. Many of these thoughts are quite interesting and are most likely to be used to use them.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
February 16, 2018, 11:36:02 AM

sometimes someone who has had many experiences can be deceived. it is difficult to determine because nowadays there are so many that have good concept and method. almost vague
but, we must always do the research, by deepening it first, looking for some resources that can be our learning material. investigation, analysis and research. yes try doing such a method.
Honestly, I just can know a scam project until it completed crowdsale and can list on large exchange or not.
Because some hype projects still have problem to get listed on large exchange.
Crypterium, Spectre, AirToken, KICKICO, these projects are the large project raised more $10 million to $50 million, but no project get listed on better exchange different HitBTC or small exchange with low volume.
Activity: 100
February 15, 2018, 05:58:21 AM
The first thing that needs to be looked at, assessing the viability of the ICO, is the team. Are the real people in front of you? If so, do they really have these skills?
Scam projects rarely publish their own photos and profiles on social networks on their own website. If the website does not have such information at all be sure it's a scam.
Activity: 224
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 15, 2018, 05:54:19 AM
It's hard to tell if an ICO project is a scam.
But you can see if the ICO project is promising based on the products they've released, but most of the time I just care about whether there are enough supporters for the ICO project.
Activity: 308
February 15, 2018, 05:39:45 AM
There are various ico rating sites, you can use them. I am not very interested because it is very hard to make money with ico.
I prefer to buy from the stock market after ico's Smiley Prices are cheaper than ico
Activity: 308
February 15, 2018, 05:28:39 AM

You should read the whitpaper and fine something about the team members to see ig they are good enough to make the coins good enough.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
February 15, 2018, 04:18:02 AM
conduct your own research,because it seems that the organizers of an ICO and the teams reputation means a lot when choosing ICO for investment.
Activity: 164
February 14, 2018, 06:08:22 AM

You know, to choose a good ICO from the crowd is a tricky task. I think that here it’s essential to understand  that ICOs are considered high-reward but also high-risk investment ventures; that’s why to my mind one must do the following:
1) Asking yourself a following question is A MUST: Does the project need to be done on Blockchain? Is it really necessary to create a new cryptocurrency for its work? If there’s a real need to do everything on Blockchain and it hasn’t been started solely for the purpose to stay on trend, then this idea is definitely worth reviewing.

2) Find out as much information as you can about the team. Is the team approachable? It means that they answer questions in a timely manner and are taking feedback and giving updates on progress in all details.

3) Decide whether the project has a reachable roadmap and well-developed future plans.

4) Consider whether the tokens will have any value after the ICO.

5) Keep an eye on all ICO presentations in mass media and listen to what other people think.

6)  Is the website solid and well-designed? Keep this in mind, because websites represent the company’s face before potential investors.

The keys mentioned above are pretty difficult to follow, as it’s extremely time-consuming, nevertheless obligatory.
Pages:
Jump to: