Pages:
Author

Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam? - page 15. (Read 14801 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 103
Do as much research as possible. Check their whitepaper, product, team profiles, are they active? Check ICO reviews. See what partnerships and consultants the project has
Activity: 77
Merit: 0
It seems like there's a new ICO just about everyday or two.  It is very difficult to follow all of them.  I usually look for something in a project that I would actually use in real life and if a token or coin is really necessary to keep the platform going. There is no guaranteed way to protect yourself from the fact that ICO will be a Scam. Not every Creator is counting on that. On the contrary most of the coins created with the hope of a long life, but the people decide to trust them or not
In my own opinion,You should make your own choice, because we really have too much icos right now, and almost all of them looks good, but not all will give you the money. Read their white paper, interrogate with them in various social media sources with different user names. Check their website for every small thing and find out a loophole if any
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
First thing is to read their website and see if it looks good and legit or not if the white paper is good and well written then we should check their website and check if they really did the proper work on creating that website and last thing is we should check the team. That is the risk in investing in ICO it can be scam or not, make sure you verify first the people behind it if they are existing or not. You can check their linked in accounts
Activity: 238
It seems like there's a new ICO just about everyday or two.  It is very difficult to follow all of them.  I usually look for something in a project that I would actually use in real life and if a token or coin is really necessary to keep the platform going. There is no guaranteed way to protect yourself from the fact that ICO will be a Scam. Not every Creator is counting on that. On the contrary most of the coins created with the hope of a long life, but the people decide to trust them or not
Activity: 526
Merit: 100
markaccy.io
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
It is very difficult to predict a project from the beginning, but I always anticipate by looking at the website, see from his team whether it is experienced in the world of crypto, and the last always see the progress of the project in his telegram group. Maybe that's what I can do to avoid a fake project.
Activity: 280
Merit: 108
You are right that even the websites are using the same templates.. Do lots of research before you decide if you will invest. Keep in mind that a good project with good intentions will have a lot of work put into it. The team will have expertise and will be active in the crypto community, they will have a thorough whitepaper, good consultants and partnerships. You can check out the ICO in my signature if you are looking for a good ICO.
Activity: 308
Take an overview of the ICO,  check if the project is worth for the investors. There should be an active manager for that bounty to entertain the question that may arise along the way.
Activity: 196
There are so many ICOs in the market. It continues increasing day by day. I do not think any reduction is involved.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
To avoid a scam project. We should take a closer look at an ICO project. The most important thing is the active Developer. If a project does not have an active Developer to answer each member's question, then it can be ascertained that the project is a Scam. Examples such as Bitroad and Denaro. Both are scam projects.
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
it's hard to know if an ICO is legit and we know that 20% of ICO is a scam. the first one to see, of course their whitepaper, about their project and the roadmap. but the more I believe to know that an ICO is a scam, I first acknowledge every member of its teams and advisors. to find out if they have much experience with team membership experience. And their being active in telegrams and always engaging in their peers.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

It's getting difficult these days, even otho network which is have a good website become scam right now.
I think we can't accurately detect scam ico. We only can only trust our instinct based on experience.
It's not enough. I hope this project will able to help us http://cryptopolice.io/
Cryptopolice is decentralized community fighting variuos kinds of scam, starting from ICO scam as 1st stage of project. Project will offer Watchdog - software, that signals about current and previous situations with scam, associated with website you are serfing.
Activity: 97
I read the branch and understood that there are no guarantees, but you can exclude the scum to a minimum, having spent a lot of time analyzing the iso
Activity: 52
You have to check people through social, and make sure their friends know them for real
Activity: 196
Now it's hard to do, because scammers are not fools either. It takes a lot of time to spend a good time analyzing, thinking and choosing a worthy project. Do not be afraid to ask additional and exciting questions, to study the technical document, white page.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Previously, not many ICO are scams but now it's too much. For my own opinion, there are other ICOs that are complete paper works and very good in platforms but why it goes with the scam. Actually, it's very difficult to choose a trusted ICO so the best is to search for ICO spreadsheets that can tell you which ICO are scams and which is true. We must search first the team and their management background.

Research and risks is all you can do. We can't know if they are legitimate or not but I think the more people joining bounties in ICOs the more harder it is for the leaders to take the risk of scamming those people. I try as much as possible go with many ICOs that I think are good and start bookmarking those ICOs and if I have the ability, I support those ICOs that I think are great projects.

Just make a thorough research. Learn their objectives, find if they can be a step forward to new paths. Check their whitepapers. And finally decide if you want to support them or not.
ICO market became a high risk place for invesment when this market seems just for speculation. FOMO is the key to make the value of ICO token can reach high value. Because there are not much project have high x times value without FOMO. UTK, CS, INS, TRX, etc. many ICO had high price but current price are lower than the past a lot.
Activity: 167
The Future of Decentralized Financial Services

To assess any ICO project, you need to focus on four components (4 T):
Team - the team;
Tech - technology;
Theme - concept;
Token - legal status of the implemented crypto assets.
It is necessary to check the links with advisors - they have a reputation worth the money and therefore do not have to be lazy to write and call in order to confirm / deny information about the project where they participate.
copper member
Activity: 252
Most People Have this tool at hand, But didn't ever Learn to use it Properly up to all its Potentialities. but if you train yourself enough in using this tools, someone's coins, and what the final product will look like. Make sure that these questions were adequately meet before investing. Almost all of them looks Good, But not all will give you the Money, I also keep a watch on the whitepaper which gives details about the Developers, Their product details and their foresight about how they want to excel in that Business. So i'm a investment will be waste in the Future.

Activity: 420
Merit: 14
MMOCoin-For-Gamers-&-Traders
In my opinion, it is necessary to carefully study all the documentation, the biography of the team members, talk with them and so on, but no one can give guarantees. Without experience and knowledge it will be difficult.
Activity: 110
There is nothing that can guarantee you from scam, but usually - if you do you diligently some researches and read all the papers before put your money somewhere - it's relatively easy to detect scammers and unprofessional people.
Activity: 289
Merit: 103
it is hard to tell if it is legit or not .. but sometimes it is obvious to see if it is a scam or what.
I have been in CarTaxi and the and the bounty for signature campaign was very high I hope to earna little bit bigger than 200usd for that...
 but after 2 MONTHS I earned only 100 USD if exchange to fiat ... hardworking and time waiting until ICO  ends and then now there are tons of people change mystically and did not receive their stakes.. some campaign managers are scams like SPACEMAN and DAFAR because they the same person...
Pages:
Jump to: