Pages:
Author

Topic: Some words from my journey - page 2. (Read 902 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 215
April 25, 2019, 05:41:56 AM
I must be honest when I signed up for this forum merit was the least thing in my mind. I was just hear to improve my knowledge on cryptocurrency and as things goes and to show the merit system is transparent and effective I got some merit on my first post
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.48003780
Well I must say I was very happy and encouraged to improve more and more and as we could have it am a member and heading for a full member rank

My word about merit is simple have a good post history and even if it's a post that has taken a while you could still get merited for it. Delete any redundant and unhelpful post that can make your post history poor
Activity: 2268
Merit: 789
April 25, 2019, 05:32:42 AM
Nothing is more rewarding in completing a goal you have set for yourself. If you really strive hard everyday to earn at least a single merit, then it is possible to rank-up with the merit system implemented.

People who are complaining about the merit system are also the ones who are lazy enough to strive and set a goal for themselves. More importantly, not only you contribute to the forum, you also get your fair share of tasty merits- a win-win situation!

Anyway, advance congratulations to you for reaching this milestone!

Activity: 2366
Merit: 838
April 25, 2019, 05:13:03 AM
Yesterday, I took the Ice Bucket Challenge from wwzsocki. Honestly, I took it just for fun, but behind it there are some reasons for this.
I had 244 merits in total, temporarily, and I am just lack of 6 more merits to become a Senior Member, that I would have been since months ago if merit system have not been here. I started with 100 merits and Full Member at merit system's beginning, and I almost finished my adventure to beat challenge from merit system.

There are so many topics about merit system, from forum members, so I don't think it is necessary to talk about it more. I simply wrote down a few words from my heart for someone whom still have negative thoughts about merit system:
- Despite the fact that merit system hinders your speed to rank up, it does actually help you to improve yourself.
- Don't work for merits, simply do your works here (read, learn, and write) and let merit system works for you.
- During your time to write a qualifying posts or topics, you have to collect documents for your posts, that obviously help you to better understand about things you intentionally discuss. Let's simply consider the forum as one of academic place, where you have to prepare yourself very carefully for your presentations in front of your forum-mates. Therefore, please don't feel tired and hesitate to collect documents before you start writing.

For example: When I started to write my topic on [TIPS] to avoid plagiarism, I actually knew something about plagiarism, forum rule on it, but due to quality requirements (I asked myself to do as high quality topic as possible), I had to search and read more. From which, I more comprehensive understood about plagiarsim in the forum. After that, when I published that topic, I got replies from forum members, some of their posts, links are valuable, some of them I did not know.

In a word, let's help and get help!

Some of my topics:
Collections for someone who would like to improve English skills
Tips for newbies, who want to avoid over-quoting
Guideline on posting images (with size adjustments), hyperlinks
Collection of comprehensive guides on identify and avoid scam projects
Tools for managers to check quality of posts (both merited & unmerited posts)
[TIPS] to avoid plagiarism
[Suggestion] Rules on Animated Images should be changed
[Suggestion] Should the forum have new rule on campaign
[6]: Reduces potential improvements on crypto knowledge: I meant by brainless spamming the forum, spammers will have less (or without) exposures to comprehensive boards, child boards, topics, posts, that in turn will result in decreasing chances to be exposed with knowledgeable things in the forum. Then, maybe spammers will spend years to spam in the forum without any improvements on their knowledge about crypto things.

I also run my own merit contest
1 merit per applicant who find qualifying posts or topics on Scam Related Issues

By the way, if The Pharmacist read the topic, and see my maturation, I wish he will remove my neutral tag with this feedback, that makes me like a rubbish-component of the forum. Grin
"This user is a garbage shitposter who writes redundant posts in shitty English."
Pages:
Jump to: