Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 290. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
in my experience, I don't believe enable/disable undoes the under or overvolting, although I do perfer to do it after just to be sure.

I personally have Devcon autostart with windows.. Then OverdriveNTool start after it.

This feature of Devcon to start with SRBMiner will only become useful to me if we also add a restart miner on a drop below hashrate to monitor if the cards need to be enable/renable mid run.. 
Activity: 46
V1.5.0
- Added option to reset (disable/enable) AMD gpu devices with devcon before mining (admin rights needed, miner will ask)
- Now you can disable/enable up to 19 GPU's by pressing 0 - 9 (gpu0 - gpu9) and shift+0 - shift+9 (gpu10 - gpu19) on the keyboard
- Cryptonight Alloy new algo added (active from block 44.000)
- Added periodical GPU hashrate in log file
- No more nan displayed in hashrate view  Smiley

To explain a little bit :

GPU resetting is done with devcon.exe, the same that is used for resetting Vega GPU's with some scripts. It finds all AMD GPU's in the system and disable/enables them before mining starts.
I know there will be some issues with this, like if you do it with a remote connection, it may freeze or drop. But this is something that is not miner related.

Added possibility to disable/enable GPU's. To maximize efficiency, when a device is disabled it won't get disabled right at that moment, it will first finish the round it is working on, and then it will stop working.
This is good for you because if some shares are found, they will be sent to the pool, and only after that the device will get disabled. This can sometimes take even 15-30 sec.
For GPU id's from 0-9 just press the corresponding key, for 10, 11, 12 ..etc use SHIFT+NUMBER, so if you want to disable GPU13, press SHIFT+3 on the keyboard.

Cryptonight Alloy added, altough there is no test pool, so i could not try it first, just did everything by the informations the coin dev gave my. So at block 44.000 we will see is it working Smiley

Hi Dok, nice update. In fact, I just upgraded all my 9 rigs to version 1.4.9 Smiley.
Just to check, since you already added devcon feature to disable enable AMD card, what will happen if this feature is enabled, and then before we run SRBMiner-CN.exe in start.bat file, we run OverdriveNTool to apply overclock and undervolt? Seems that the setting will be reset as well?
Its not new to 1.5... but can you explain the kernel setting? I'm getting the periodic hang compiling kernel on GPU 1 (of an 8 card system).

"Some additional parameters you can use in gpu_conf:
"kernel" : 0-4 , IF 0, MINER WILL SELECT MOST SUITABLE KERNEL, OTHERS ARE : 1-FOR GCN CARDS, 2-FOR PRE-GCN CARDS, 3-FOR PRE-GCN EXPERIMENTAL 1, 4-FOR PRE-GCN EXPERIMENTAL 2"

I'm running Vega 64's. I don't know what GCN is referring to. Do I use setting 1?

Thanks
Activity: 76
Any chance to get core/mem speed + voltage control in config file?

i implemented this but disabled it at the moment, cause its not really working as it should. I will get to it again, when some of the more important options are done Smiley

Doc, is it possible to restart the Miner if Hashrate drop between a specified Level?

not yet but that's a wish i already added on the list Smiley

Wunderfull :-)

Because some GPU´s drop in HR after a few minutes and stay there. If i restart miner everything is fine again. I am just trying to increas voltage... perhaps it is to agressive... Any other ideas?
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

i implemented this but disabled it at the moment, cause its not really working as it should. I will get to it again, when some of the more important options are done Smiley

Doc, is it possible to restart the Miner if Hashrate drop between a specified Level?

not yet but that's a wish i already added on the list Smiley
Ne zamaraj se . to rade samo zato sto imas dobar majner. oni u svojim opcijama nemaju  namjestavanje temperature sto je veliki plus tvojem mineru(ocito zele vidjet kako si to izveo da ubace u svoje minere). jos ako ubacis da mogu svakoj kartici dodat frekvenciju memorije ili gpu-a pa jos i voltazu onda bi bio savrsen jer  nebi vise nikad morao posezat u wattmine:)

Pa ne znam sto mi to rade al iskreno bas sam se iznervirao. Mada je to bilo za ocekivati, konkurencija je to, uzeo sam im deo kolaca.
Activity: 76

V1.5.0
- Added option to reset (disable/enable) AMD gpu devices with devcon before mining (admin rights needed, miner will ask)
- Now you can disable/enable up to 19 GPU's by pressing 0 - 9 (gpu0 - gpu9) and shift+0 - shift+9 (gpu10 - gpu19) on the keyboard
- Cryptonight Alloy new algo added (active from block 44.000)
- Added periodical GPU hashrate in log file
- No more nan displayed in hashrate view  Smiley

To explain a little bit :

GPU resetting is done with devcon.exe, the same that is used for resetting Vega GPU's with some scripts. It finds all AMD GPU's in the system and disable/enables them before mining starts.
I know there will be some issues with this, like if you do it with a remote connection, it may freeze or drop. But this is something that is not miner related.
You need to give administrative privileges to SRBMiner if you don't want the permission dialog box pop up everytime when starting/restarting the miner. Also if a new empty window gets open, you can close it Smiley

Added possibility to disable/enable GPU's while mining. To maximize efficiency, when a device is disabled it won't get disabled right at that moment, it will first finish the round it is working on, and then it will stop working.
This is good for you because if some shares are found, they will be sent to the pool, and only after that the device will get disabled. This can sometimes take even 15-30 sec.
For GPU id's from 0-9 just press the corresponding key, for 10, 11, 12 ..etc use SHIFT+NUMBER, so if you want to disable GPU13, press SHIFT+3 on the keyboard.

Cryptonight Alloy added, use "cryptonight_type" : "alloy". Altough there is no test pool, so i could not try it first, just did everything by the informations the coin dev gave my. So at block 44.000 we will see is it working Smiley
Activity: 417
Ok, it was just a matter of time, when will it begin, but it looks like the time has comed.
Threads appearing here on BTCTalk and Reddit, claiming SRBMiner is a virus, that it creates a VBS script etc etc...(by the way he is also advertising another miner in that thread Cheesy)
Also all of a sudden developers of XMR-STAK came telling people not to use SRBMiner.

I don't really know what to tell you people except:

- If you think it's a virus , don't use it
- If you think it violates some GPL license, and that bothers you a lot, don't use it

If you are one of the devs of XMR-STAK, tell me which part of my code bothers you, cause you obviously did some RE.
I'll gladly change it, if it bothers you so much Smiley

Also as i wrote on the first page, download only from link in first post.

Let me remind you of this post : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34588673

Ne zamaraj se . to rade samo zato sto imas dobar majner. oni u svojim opcijama nemaju  namjestavanje temperature sto je veliki plus tvojem mineru(ocito zele vidjet kako si to izveo da ubace u svoje minere). jos ako ubacis da mogu svakoj kartici dodat frekvenciju memorije ili gpu-a pa jos i voltazu onda bi bio savrsen jer  nebi vise nikad morao posezat u wattmine:)
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
Ok, it was just a matter of time, when will it begin, but it looks like the time has comed.
Threads appearing here on BTCTalk and Reddit, claiming SRBMiner is a virus, that it creates a VBS script etc etc...(by the way he is also advertising another miner in that thread Cheesy)
Also all of a sudden developers of XMR-STAK came telling people not to use SRBMiner.

- If you think it violates some GPL license, and that bothers you a lot, don't use it

Just keep up the good work and power on...
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
@doktor83 suggestion to have space padding in ADL output format in console as

[2018-04-30 12:47:24] GPU0:    990.0 H/S   [T: 49c, RPM: 1782, CC: 1200 MHz, MC: 2000 MHz]
[2018-04-30 12:47:24] GPU1:    1000.0 H/S [T: 44c, RPM: 1778, CC: 1250 MHz, MC: 2080 MHz]

instead of

[2018-04-30 12:47:24] GPU0:    990.0 H/S [T: 49c, RPM: 1782, CC: 1200 MHz, MC: 2000 MHz]
[2018-04-30 12:47:24] GPU1:    1000.0 H/S [T: 44c, RPM: 1778, CC: 1250 MHz, MC: 2080 MHz]

Activity: 119
Merit: 3
We are waiting for new successes)
Activity: 108
Merit: 11
There's a large group of people who stick by their beliefs that any miner that isnt open-source is most likely a virus/backdoor. They are at unhealthy paranoia levels. Show me the proof, run it in a VM and show me all the actions it makes that qualify it as a RAT.

Until then I will trust what (actions) it shows to me inside native windows. Its unfortunate that I dont use it anymore, but its not because of any "virus" symptoms.

If you are one of the devs of XMR-STAK, tell me which part of my code bothers you, cause you obviously did some RE.
I'll gladly change it, if it bothers you so much Smiley

Also as i wrote on the first page, download only from link in first post.

Let me remind you of this post : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34588673

Activity: 23
btw guys, what is normal HS for Vega 56 or 64 on artocash? i get with Intensity 112 and W:16 1800 HS
Activity: 23
managed to change it to W:16 and intensity 112, getting 1930 hs Smiley still a bit below cast xmr but will do
Activity: 102
Merit: 40
Sometimes when 1.4.8 process to shutdown, it's reset my gpu clock to default on radeon setting or msi afterburner.
How to fix this issue ?
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
can someone explain to me what im doing wrong? ver 149

xmr-cast to same CCv7 coin and pool , vega 56 ref card, samsung memory, get 1960 HS,

with srb miner,
intensity 0 - 1300Hs
Intensity 56 - 1440hs
intensity 58 - 1440hs
intensity 60 - 1440hs

target temp is set to 56 C. 2 threads is TRUE

and im using powerplay tables GPU 1450 mhz and mem 950 mhz

GPU0: Radeon RX Vega [gfx900] [8094 MB][Intensity 58.0][W: 8][T: 2][K: 1][BUS: 3]

which intensity should i try?

The first problem I notice is that your card is reporting [gfx900]  It should say [gfx901] But I have no idea why.
Secondly, I would make W:16 and intensity 112
Jump to: