Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 288. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

However, my mining hashrates for my Vega56s are hovering around 1750-1800 compared to 1800-1850 when i was using CastXMR. I already have intensity set to 100 and dual thread turned on. Any tips on how to increase hashrate further?
I have my Vegas (56 flashed to 64) at 112 intensity.
Dual threads and worksize 16.
Clocked at 1428/1135 they hash at 2000h/s.

@Citronick: Doktor83 is working on the API if I'm not mistaken, I think he confirmed it a few pages back.

That's great news.

Whats your wattage like?
1250W at the wall, 6x Vega56@64, Onda D1800
Activity: 254
Merit: 109
Anyone else having major issues with the new Windows 10 1803 Update? My RX580's Rig has turned into a complete mess. It even tried updating the 18.3.4 Radeon drivers to 18.4.1, but it still is a mess.
what trouble are you having? i can't get a stable rig on this at all. tried different miners and all give different problems
- My system is extremly slow.
- It takes forever to open AMD Radeon settings.
- My Sapphire blue lights on the cards are out.
- When running SRBMiner I get all these 'Error CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE when calling clEnqueueNDRangeKernel for kernel 0 for DeviceID 0 (Thread 0)' which I never had before.

Not enough virtual memory? Fixed that error for me.
Well, It is set to 20000 and it was working before and it doesn't explain all the issues I am experiencing. i just found out after waitng forever that one of my RX580's doesn't show the 'Graphics/Compute mode' option in the Radeon Settings. So another issue added to the list.
To update my own post... I reverted my Windows back to the previous version and everything is good again. There is definively an issue with Windows 10 build 1803 in combination with AMD, at least with my RX580 cards.

Interesting. I was planning on doing a full tear down of one of my rigs due to this error. Had VM set at 120,000. Windows updates should be turned off though. Guess I need to double check that and wipe down to 1709
At first I thought it had to do something with VM settings after the update, but I got suspicious when I noticed that the physical Sapphire blue lights didn't turn on as well so it had to be AMD related.
Well I have full lights/all hardware works and is recognized. I constantly hang after 10 minutes to a few hours. If the log file catches anything it is the error you mentioned. I have similar issues now across multiple miners on that one rig. I started replacing risers last night. Fresh windows was my next step and I think you've convinced me.

It's funny because only one rig is giving me this trouble. All the others are humming along just fine. That's what made me think my issues are hardware/risers/etc. But maybe a fresh windows install will help. Really interested to see if I forgot to turn off windows updates.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
Anyone else having major issues with the new Windows 10 1803 Update? My RX580's Rig has turned into a complete mess. It even tried updating the 18.3.4 Radeon drivers to 18.4.1, but it still is a mess.
what trouble are you having? i can't get a stable rig on this at all. tried different miners and all give different problems
- When running SRBMiner I get all these 'Error CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE when calling clEnqueueNDRangeKernel for kernel 0 for DeviceID 0 (Thread 0)' which I never had before.

Well, It is set to 20000 and it was working before and it doesn't explain all the issues I am experiencing. i just found out after waitng forever that one of my RX580's doesn't show the 'Graphics/Compute mode' option in the Radeon Settings. So another issue added to the list.
To update my own post... I reverted my Windows back to the previous version and everything is good again. There is definively an issue with Windows 10 build 1803 in combination with AMD, at least with my RX580 cards.

Interesting. I was planning on doing a full tear down of one of my rigs due to this error. Had VM set at 120,000. Windows updates should be turned off though. Guess I need to double check that and wipe down to 1709
At first I thought it had to do something with VM settings after the update, but I got suspicious when I noticed that the physical Sapphire blue lights didn't turn on as well so it had to be AMD related.
Activity: 254
Merit: 109

Activity: 708
Merit: 502
V1.5.0
- Added option to reset (disable/enable) AMD gpu devices with devcon before mining (admin rights needed, miner will ask)
- Now you can disable/enable up to 19 GPU's by pressing 0 - 9 (gpu0 - gpu9) and shift+0 - shift+9 (gpu10 - gpu19) on the keyboard
- Cryptonight Alloy new algo added (active from block 44.000)
- Added periodical GPU hashrate in log file
- No more nan displayed in hashrate view  Smiley

To explain a little bit :

GPU resetting is done with devcon.exe, the same that is used for resetting Vega GPU's with some scripts. It finds all AMD GPU's in the system and disable/enables them before mining starts.
I know there will be some issues with this, like if you do it with a remote connection, it may freeze or drop. But this is something that is not miner related.
You need to give administrative privileges to SRBMiner if you don't want the permission dialog box pop up everytime when starting/restarting the miner. Also if a new empty window gets open, you can close it Smiley

Added possibility to disable/enable GPU's while mining. To maximize efficiency, when a device is disabled it won't get disabled right at that moment, it will first finish the round it is working on, and then it will stop working.
This is good for you because if some shares are found, they will be sent to the pool, and only after that the device will get disabled. This can sometimes take even 15-30 sec.
For GPU id's from 0-9 just press the corresponding key, for 10, 11, 12 ..etc use SHIFT+NUMBER, so if you want to disable GPU13, press SHIFT+3 on the keyboard.

Cryptonight Alloy added, use "cryptonight_type" : "alloy". Altough there is no test pool, so i could not try it first, just did everything by the informations the coin dev gave my. So at block 44.000 we will see is it working Smiley

looks good, great job.
any plans on fixing ADL?

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
{
"cryptonight_type" : "heavy",
"intensity" : 0,
"double_threads" : false,
"target_temperature" : 0,
"pool_use_tls" : true,
"pool" : "haven.miner.rocks:5555",
"wallet" : "YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS",
"password" : "w=Rig1",
"location" : "europe",
"log_file" : "",
}

tried that. this is now my start file

clicking the start file does nothing i have to click on the SRBminer-CN.exe file to get it to start. is that correct?

this is still giving me the v7 algo rather than heavy, and i just get rejected shares because the miner is sending wrong shares to the pool

No, that is not correct.
The start.bat file should contain something like this:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
@echo off

cls
SETLOCAL EnableExtensions
set EXE=SRBMiner-CN.exe

:START
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %EXE%"') DO IF %%x == %EXE% goto RUNNING
%EXE% --config config.txt --pools pools.txt --logfile log.txt
TIMEOUT /T 15 /NOBREAK
goto START
:RUNNING
echo "%EXE% is already running"
pause

The config.txt file should contain something like this:
/* Type can be : normal, normalv7, lite, litev7, heavy, ipbc, artocash  */
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv7",

/* Intensity 0-> auto intensity, or value from 1-300  */

/* To use 2 threads per card set double_threads to true  */
"double_threads" : true,

/* Uncomment this if you want to set GPU target temperature  */
/*"target_temperature" : 0,*/

/* Uncomment this if you want to set system shutdown temperature  */
/*"shutdown_temperature" : 90,*/

/* Uncomment this if you don't want to use the built in watchdog, but you want a script to run on GPU fail */
/* If you use the reboot-windows.bat it will restart your computer if a GPU fail occurs */
/*"reboot_script" : "reboot-windows.bat",*/

/* Advanced settings for each GPU manually */
/* Put in devices that you want to use, if you for ex. don't want to use gpu 2, just don't insert it,like in this example */
/* Id starts from 0 , not from 1 !! */
/* To get a list of available devices with their id's, use --listdevices parameter */
/* This is just an example, edit it and remove comment lines !! */

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 2, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
]
}

The pools.txt should contain something like this:
{
"pools" :
[
   {"pool_use_tls" : false, "keepalive" : false, "pool" : "stellite.ingest.cryptoknight.cc:16223", "wallet" : "
", "password" : "x", "location" : "usa"},
]
}

when those 3 files are saved, you click the start.bat and it will run.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
{
}

clicking the start file does nothing i have to click on the SRBminer-CN.exe file to get it to start. is that correct?

this is still giving me the v7 algo rather than heavy, and i just get rejected shares because the miner is sending wrong shares to the pool

hey, you do not have basic windows knowledge, better do not try nothing ...

Activity: 12
For H5GQ8H24MJR try this folks:

999000000000000022339D00CEDD6B4470551414B80D960B0040C400750314204A8900A00200000 018123745B92B3A16

Wink
how to use this
1500+ we will all change with this number or what
legendary
{
}

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
{
}
legendary
help please, this is my start.bat file

{
"cryptonight_type" : heavy,
"pool" : haven.miner.rocks:5555,
"wallet" : wallet addy,
"password" : w=Rig1,
"location" : europe,
}

so you see i have heavy set in it, but when the miner starts it seems to set on cryptonight v7 and all i get is rejected shares. any ideas??

Use : "heavy",

i have tried that i deleted the " in case it was that. it still reverts to v7.
i've tried xmr_stak and cast_xmr. nothing seems to be stable. the yall shut off after a few minutes of mining. i like srbminer best but it just won't start using heavy
Activity: 14

{
}

so you see i have heavy set in it, but when the miner starts it seems to set on cryptonight v7 and all i get is rejected shares. any ideas??

Use : "heavy",
legendary

{
}

Activity: 34
@doktor83 Some times it need to add new pool at runtime is it possible to reread pools config by press P?
Jump to: