Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 316. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Add API and I am in Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 1

it should go up to 7 - 7.5 with 1 thread on kernel 2 Smiley

You are right of course, perhaps it's something on kernel 3 or 4, but was able to hit 7.5, and 7.6 killed it..
{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 7.2, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 1}, is giving 33.0H/s so, not bad at all for this APU. Smiley

I'll be looking up some OpenCL api and see if something like low intensity mode could be done by it, or if it needs
done mostly from scratch, or if it's some windows magic.. (i'm used to linux coding, so don't know much of that..)

EDIT:
Seems to be clEnqueueNDRangeKernel and getting it's timing down, thanks to a little nugget of info through google.
With v1.4.6 I got an error message from adl

[2018-04-20 08:17:54] Failed to get ADL function pointers
[2018-04-20 08:17:54] ADL init failed
[2018-04-20 08:17:54] Gpu watchdog started

Using 17.7.1 driver win8.1

With previous version it was ok.

that version probably does not have some functions i added that read/write core&mem clock and voltages.

Temperatur and fanspeed isn't showing either.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Hi there, I've had a problem with every miner around since the monero pow change, since the only miner I was able to use was Claymore 9.7beta without it crashing my display drivers.
I've tried xmr-stak, xmrig-amd, newer claymore's (No ASM bin found for my old card.) and about anything else that is supposed to work, I've compiled all the ones available and tried
with stock binaries on windows..

Display drivers crash no matter which version I try.. 14.4 15.7, 15.11-beta (for some reason this one is tricky to find.) Even tried the crimson edition beta which I've found out doesn't
actually include any assembler/disassembly tools for openCL.. Anywho..

Display card: AMD Ati Radeon 6530D (Evergeen or BeaverCreek as it picks it up everywhere.)
Cpu: AMD A6-3620 APU w/ the onboard 6530D

I've tried all 4 kernels out, all kill display, and of course can't get ADL to work, but I'd be highly surprised if that could even work at all anyways on this gpu.

All in all I really don't know what to do, or even try anymore.. I'd lend a hand if I could for getting what is needed to make these A-Series APUs to work.  I haven't really seen anything in
the code for the other miners like xmrig/xmr-stak that would be a problem.. But I noted for some reason Claymore is posting exact driver versions for all of their releases, and wondering
how they are able to compile against them specifically, or if that just happens to be what they were using when compiling...

Any help is appreciated, and I'd love to get back to mining on my gpu, had a ton more shares and efficiency even at 42H/s and that's better than 0 since it's on 24/7 anyways.

Here are a couple screenshots for how it's acting and what it catches, and second is showing when display was killed and came back.
https://imgur.com/a/mBtohkv

Thanks, you really are saving miner's lives with this miner and I hope you keep at it.. So I tip my hat to you Doc.

hi, remove drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, install 14.4 and try SRBMINER 1.4.6 --userkernel 4 for XMR use "normalv7"

and start with a very low intensity like 5, and only 1 thread

Ok well I used DDU and found the correct 14.4 drivers.. seems the last one wasn't actually installing for some reason.. anyways now all other miners work as well.
Only one issue really is the intensity setting, I can only go up to 2.0. 2.1 or higher kills display driver or gives the CL invalid buffer.. tried all 4 kernels and worksizes, kernel 2 seems to be the best
at 14H/s compared to 12-13H/s on 3 & 4 kernels.  I was wondering if the gpu kernels having "256" in them as being the hash size? and if so, is there a way to lower or give a CLI option to change them or
maybe a 128 version? If that isn't the case, oh well.
(126 intensity seemed to be the optimal number for xmr-stak for some odd reason, also with a 35.9H/s which isn't to far off of the original claymore 9.7's 42H/s with low intensity mode on before v7.)

Does anyone know how to keep windows and everything from being totally unusable on all these miners?
(like clay's -li low intensity mode, which doesn't seem to be related at all to actual intensity.)

Best of luck to everyone.

it should go up to 7 - 7.5 with 1 thread on kernel 2 Smiley
Hi there, I've had a problem with every miner around since the monero pow change, since the only miner I was able to use was Claymore 9.7beta without it crashing my display drivers.
I've tried xmr-stak, xmrig-amd, newer claymore's (No ASM bin found for my old card.) and about anything else that is supposed to work, I've compiled all the ones available and tried

Display drivers crash no matter which version I try.. 14.4 15.7, 15.11-beta (for some reason this one is tricky to find.) Even tried the crimson edition beta which I've found out doesn't

Display card: AMD Ati Radeon 6530D (Evergeen or BeaverCreek as it picks it up everywhere.)

I've tried all 4 kernels out, all kill display, and of course can't get ADL to work, but I'd be highly surprised if that could even work at all anyways on this gpu.

All in all I really don't know what to do, or even try anymore.. I'd lend a hand if I could for getting what is needed to make these A-Series APUs to work.  I haven't really seen anything in
the code for the other miners like xmrig/xmr-stak that would be a problem.. But I noted for some reason Claymore is posting exact driver versions for all of their releases, and wondering
how they are able to compile against them specifically, or if that just happens to be what they were using when compiling...

Any help is appreciated, and I'd love to get back to mining on my gpu, had a ton more shares and efficiency even at 42H/s and that's better than 0 since it's on 24/7 anyways.

Here are a couple screenshots for how it's acting and what it catches, and second is showing when display was killed and came back.

Thanks, you really are saving miner's lives with this miner and I hope you keep at it.. So I tip my hat to you Doc.

hi, remove drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, install 14.4 and try SRBMINER 1.4.6 --userkernel 4 for XMR use "normalv7"

Ok well I used DDU and found the correct 14.4 drivers.. seems the last one wasn't actually installing for some reason.. anyways now all other miners work as well.
Only one issue really is the intensity setting, I can only go up to 2.0. 2.1 or higher kills display driver or gives the CL invalid buffer.. tried all 4 kernels and worksizes, kernel 2 seems to be the best
at 14H/s compared to 12-13H/s on 3 & 4 kernels.  I was wondering if the gpu kernels having "256" in them as being the hash size? and if so, is there a way to lower or give a CLI option to change them or
maybe a 128 version? If that isn't the case, oh well.
(126 intensity seemed to be the optimal number for xmr-stak for some odd reason, also with a 35.9H/s which isn't to far off of the original claymore 9.7's 42H/s with low intensity mode on before v7.)

Does anyone know how to keep windows and everything from being totally unusable on all these miners?
(like clay's -li low intensity mode, which doesn't seem to be related at all to actual intensity.)

Best of luck to everyone.

that version probably does not have some functions i added that read/write core&mem clock and voltages.

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
14.4 on Win7*64 work very badly
hd6870 = 40-50Hs
15.7 on Win7*64 work beter
hd6870 = 145Hs

V1.4.6-fix-fixes
- Fixed duplicate share sending fix
- Fixed GPU core clock & memory display fix

Ok, try this now it should all be good.
i shouldn't rush so much, then this wouldnt happen. sorry folks.

now when a duplicate share sending occures, there is info about it in the log :

[2018-04-19 18:32:22] miner_result: Duplicate share protection kicked in!

I still getting "Your IP is banned" with v1.4.6  Sad ..

https://imgur.com/a/xwTOWxX

no way it happened right after connecting. you were probably banned before trying new ver and the ban still existed.
Activity: 19

Activity: 132
after entering in "failover pool"..

How can I set the number of seconds to wait for check the first pool again?
Activity: 1666
Merit: 310
Also claymore is pretty much dead now.. would be nice if they released the code to it, would help out about all branches of miners
Claymore doesn't even accept BTC/ETH donations to release the source code to the community.

Go figure... Huh
I also have an Evergreen GPU (Radeon 5770) and even went back to 14.4 drivers from 15.7.1.

No miner works properly, except Claymore v9.7. I even noticed that my PC hangs with non-Claymore miners.

What kind of sorcery is this?!

Not quite sure, but I did have that happen with a full on crash when it came to I'm thinking was xmr-stak on some of the odd drivers..
Most of the time though just a flash and display drivers pop back up and no hashes ever as soon as it gets a job and tries to work.
Also claymore is pretty much dead now.. would be nice if they released the code to it, would help out about all branches of miners
for video instability and such.

That pool might have a much longer threshold on banning time.. instead of the usual 10 or 30 minutes, it might be much higher.
Might want to check with the pool to make sure about that.. Some actually do 24 hours.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
V1.4.6-fix-fixes

I still get "Your IP is banned" with v1.4.6  Sad ..

Interesting.  I haven't yet.  Still monitoring.
Activity: 132
V1.4.6-fix-fixes

Activity: 1666
Merit: 310

I also have an Evergreen GPU (Radeon 5770) and even went back to 14.4 drivers from 15.7.1.

No miner works properly, except Claymore v9.7. I even noticed that my PC hangs with non-Claymore miners.

What kind of sorcery is this?!

Activity: 277
Merit: 23
not the same straps, schnack took straps from the net. i didn't.

thx, sent you a PM

try to flash this timings:
777000000000000022C39C00AC595A3D90550F12B84C8408004006007E0514206A8900A00200312 0100F292F94273116

or this

999000000000000022C39C00AC595A3D90550F123CCF530C004006007E0514206A8900A00200312 0100F292F94273116

I think these timings are for Hynix 4GB, not the 8GB ones.

I suggest to use the SRBPolaris's PimpMyStraps or One-click straps from PolarisBiosEditor. It's safe and improve performance. Oh PM me if you wanna more performance.

If you already have a biosmoded GPU, maybe you need to deal with the intensity.

Any difference between PimpMyStraps or One-click straps or is it just a name?

Not sure if this a re 4Gb versions, but ill give it a try, from 1750?

not the same straps, schnack took straps from the net. i didn't.
Jump to: