Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 311. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1
If you didn't build the whole thing your own that is, check out a line that has i believe a "224u" line in it assigning a value to memHash..which is padding for a 256 byte chunk..so it should be something that takes it out at way before 255 and bam, well just comment it off and add + 1;  How stable is it? i've only ran it an hour... but if it can do ~2-5 hashes for me.. imaging what it may do for multiple not using the basis of bits..

Code:
const size_t perThread = hashMemSize + 1u; // +224u; // Seems to be a speed improvement over padding and probably half unstable / more shares.

try a good test on a more speedy video card with that..doing before fix and after fix results and of course will it stay running for an hour or 300?
it's in auto config... source.

are you referring to xmrig ?

Yeah, sorry I didn't specify, it's pretty late here.. That is my own code adjustment and if it's not added as + 1.. it would fit in a 32 byte address..(Theoretically) so nothing would be wasted.. should be an 8 times increase.. at least in memory speed.. if it fits without +1 ..and if there is some need to have 256 byte for a video's memory.. I'll understand, but would like to wonder why. and if so.. instead padding memory like the ones before have done.. actually times the hash by 7 or 8 beforehand filling up 256 registers almost and then padding if necessary... many ways to come to something fun and workable i suppose.

But if you made your own, and isn't forked or anything from them.. is that how you have it somewhat? maybe 32 or 64?
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
If you didn't build the whole thing your own that is, check out a line that has i believe a "224u" line in it assigning a value to memHash..which is padding for a 256 byte chunk..so it should be something that takes it out at way before 255 and bam, well just comment it off and add + 1;  How stable is it? i've only ran it an hour... but if it can do ~2-5 hashes for me.. imaging what it may do for multiple not using the basis of bits..

Code:
const size_t perThread = hashMemSize + 1u; // +224u; // Seems to be a speed improvement over padding and probably half unstable / more shares.

try a good test on a more speedy video card with that..doing before fix and after fix results and of course will it stay running for an hour or 300?

are you referring to xmrig ?

Code:

Activity: 230
New results
Cryptonight v7 hashrate of 2020 H/s vs 1960-1965 on xmr-stak (Adrenalin 18.3.4 drivers)

https://imgur.com/a/G9ZxD6Q

Vega 56 1475/1100 Mhz @ 881mV (bios mod to V64)

So far SRB miner has been rocking all Cryptonight algos for me on both Polaris and Vega.

Great job doktor83

Wow that is impressive!
Mind sharing your SRBMiner config? Intensity and double threads?

Thanks

{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},

Thanks!
Wow thank you very much. Cheesy We can expect it in the next version?
Can you give me some advice for fine tuning my r7 370-s and rx 470s for all cryptonight versions, because on all types of algos, my desktop is little freezing, even on default settings, or even a much smaller intensity.

Nothing really can help that without the kernels that are executed. This also happens on any other gpu miner as well right?

For everyone:

I'll explain a bit about OpenCL and how the "kernels" work a bit..
The kernel or "payload/work" is sent to the video card and is kind of like a singular pipe, okay that analogy sucked, but imagine
with all the "CU" Compute Units available.. the work from these kernels are sort of like threads on a miniature scale and they all
work according to the OpenCL standard (Hopefully) But it's like a faucet.. turn it on or off.. also you may need to turn down intensity
even more until you have a freeze free desktop which costs all the extra hashing power you would have had.  Remember on SRBMiner you can
use decimals so don't forget that ex: "intensity 20.3" or what have you.

I've left an earlier comment on a "low intensity" mode that is about splitting
up one big time job to do work into much smaller timed jobs and if done right, it really shouldn't have any negative impact on hashing speed,
or at least any notable impacts on it so that could be maybe be a modulation of 100ms or 1/10th a second per command queue or even smoother
by doing it roughly ~16.67ms for 1/60th a second, but I'm getting a bit to technical trying to explain it.. Anywho, a good way to perhaps implement
this would be to take an argument for say --desktop_mode

wow , long post Smiley
To tell you the truth, at the moment i have more important things to improve on the miner. Yes, surely lagging is a problem, but since mining is 98% happening on rigs, where you don't need a responsive ui, it really isn't a problem Smiley

If you come up with something , surely i can integrate it, so that 2% of users can get a responsive desktop, with minimal hash drop Smiley

Well that 2% may be more than you think, since that is probably all real people most likely just trying out mining or doing it as a hobby and when electric may not be an issue, or many others. Smiley
It can also improve on speed for killing outdated shares and work.. pretty much instantly start working on a new task. But yeah tons of people on dedicated mining rigs.. I'll get there eventually.. right now I just want to get the most out of what i can.. since i've known it's limits.. can translate well into newer optimized code too.

Also on that other parts of a miner.. Those are a hassle, but end result is always good, was thinking of a CLI that did a refresh and a moving graph of all gpu's kind of like an equalizer and show hashes accepted, round trip time.. averages, highest number of share_per_card .. but that's another fun story for some beautiful client miners that have never been done before, far as I've seen yet anyways.. most is just what's the hash? is it still running..how many shares.. it should be "what's my temp? and what's my wattage/heat ratio to kWatt" and preserving these new cards that do need to be resold someday.. Smiley
Can you give me some advice for fine tuning my r7 370-s and rx 470s for all cryptonight versions, because on all types of algos, my desktop is little freezing, even on default settings, or even a much smaller intensity.

Nothing really can help that without the kernels that are executed. This also happens on any other gpu miner as well right?

For everyone:

The kernel or "payload/work" is sent to the video card and is kind of like a singular pipe, okay that analogy sucked, but imagine
with all the "CU" Compute Units available.. the work from these kernels are sort of like threads on a miniature scale and they all
work according to the OpenCL standard (Hopefully) But it's like a faucet.. turn it on or off.. also you may need to turn down intensity
even more until you have a freeze free desktop which costs all the extra hashing power you would have had.  Remember on SRBMiner you can

up one big time job to do work into much smaller timed jobs and if done right, it really shouldn't have any negative impact on hashing speed,
or at least any notable impacts on it so that could be maybe be a modulation of 100ms or 1/10th a second per command queue or even smoother
by doing it roughly ~16.67ms for 1/60th a second, but I'm getting a bit to technical trying to explain it.. Anywho, a good way to perhaps implement

wow , long post Smiley
To tell you the truth, at the moment i have more important things to improve on the miner. Yes, surely lagging is a problem, but since mining is 98% happening on rigs, where you don't need a responsive ui, it really isn't a problem Smiley

If you come up with something , surely i can integrate it, so that 2% of users can get a responsive desktop, with minimal hash drop Smiley
I'm having issues using certain GPU's.  no matter what I change, when I start the miner it starts all mu GPU's instead of the ones I choose.  its like the gpu conf section is not overruling everything else like the readme file says it should?? I'm pretty new at this so I'm sure its something I'm prolly doing but I could use some help!! otherwise I love the new miner!!  thanks

Do you have yours set up like this.. for example let's say I have 4 cards and i only want the last 2 of them to run for some reason..it would look a little like this..

Code:
//{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2}, // First GPU.
//{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2}, // Second.
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},   // Third.
{ "id" : 3, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},   // Fourth.

the "id" is what you are looking for.. numbers start with 0 being first card.. Have you tried running it with -listdevices in your start.bat batch file?

OH also forgot, did you take out the leading /* gpu_stuff here, yada, yada. and then there is another closing comment as thus */ which will also stop it from being used.

For everyone:

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I'm having issues using certain GPU's.  no matter what I change, when I start the miner it starts all mu GPU's instead of the ones I choose.  its like the gpu conf section is not overruling everything else like the readme file says it should?? I'm pretty new at this so I'm sure its something I'm prolly doing but I could use some help!! otherwise I love the new miner!!  thanks
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
@doktor83 Please make an option for simple one bat file, where we can put all data for mining, like claymore cryptonight miner, or sgminer for example with simple commands (-o -a -w -g -I...), why separate so much config, pools, etc and so much unnecessary files??

I will add that, few of you asked for it, so you will get it Smiley
Activity: 196
3*vega56 mod to vega64- 500W power for wall
SrbMiner 1.4.6
Cryptonight Heavy
4434HR

miner work but why i see error ...Huh?

i try with low mem clock and low gpu clock but error again.

I think is a pool/network issue
Activity: 417
3*vega56 mod to vega64- 500W power for wall
SrbMiner 1.4.6
Cryptonight Heavy
4434HR

https://image.prntscr.com/image/PYmyD1AfS6WOZWL7vrfFdQ.jpg

miner work but why i see error ...Huh?

https://image.prntscr.com/image/dadhXyZdTg6uZNmPI3QPWQ.jpg

i try with low mem clock and low gpu clock but error again.

Activity: 115
How can I specify individual devices?
Activity: 34
@doktor83 is it possible to order card like gpu-z and hwinfo ?

Is it possible to add name for different card? May be it possible to write any information in bios to identify card. It will be good if any card is broken and gpu numbers changes and config was broken.
I lost the page in which was stated how to make fine tuning of intensity workspace, memchunk etc.
Doctor, may you place it in the readme ?
Btw, you lost the logfile option in the readme as well

From readme and first page :

Parameters (go in .bat):

--config filename (use config file other than config.txt)
--pools filename (use pools file other than pools.txt)
--logfile filename (enable logging to file)
--listdevices (list available devices)
--adldisable (disable ADL)
--disablegpuwatchdog (disable gpu crash detection)

Wink
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
I lost the page in which was stated how to make fine tuning of intensity workspace, memchunk etc.
Doctor, may you place it in the readme ?
Btw, you lost the logfile option in the readme as well
Trying mine IPBC and using 1.4.6 srb miner can't set difficulty at 30.000 it always going up . Anyone know how to set it ? Wallet address "." "+" dont work .

difficulty is set by pool , not miner. Which pool you use, maybe they don't have stat. diff setting.
Activity: 3
Trying mine IPBC and using 1.4.6 srb miner can't set difficulty at 30.000 it always going up . Anyone know how to set it ? Wallet address "." "+" dont work .
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Does anyone uses SRB on RX 580 8gb with hynix MJR memory? What speed and settings?
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
New results
Cryptonight v7 hashrate of 2020 H/s vs 1960-1965 on xmr-stak (Adrenalin 18.3.4 drivers)

https://imgur.com/a/G9ZxD6Q

Vega 56 1475/1100 Mhz @ 881mV (bios mod to V64)

So far SRB miner has been rocking all Cryptonight algos for me on both Polaris and Vega.

Great job doktor83

Wow that is impressive!
Mind sharing your SRBMiner config? Intensity and double threads?

Thanks

{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
Jump to: