Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 340. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 10
Can someone explain in detail how to use the parameters, as it is not clear to me. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Just wanted to test new 1.3.1 version but it makes "Error CL_INVALID_DEVICE when calling clCreateContext" when trying to build opencl kernel for "heavy" algo on my R9 390. "Normal7" working.
"heavy" with other polaris cards in this rig also works fine,

Previous 1.3.0 works fine with this Hawaii card in "heavy"

win 8.1, aug 23 blockchain drivers, old cpu without aes support.

did you left intensity on 0 or you tried to change it manually?
I did try 0 and manual 16, 20, 32 intensities, 1 and 2 threads also. The same error as result.
Activity: 277
Merit: 23

Actually, RX 570 gives 1k+ with the right straps Cheesy
Its not that hard to write your own straps these days.
There are lots of different memory types from all memory vendors, learning to write custom straps tailored to your own cards really does wonders to your profit.

Care to share a good strap for CN for hynix on rx580 nitro+ Smiley

I was unable to create anything meaningful
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I am trying latest version 1.3.1 but every time I press H to see hashrate miner crashes. Any idea what is wrong ?
I just found it that I need to disable ADL:
--adldisable

Now the miner shows hashrate.

Also I noticed that it is not taking any configuration in gpu_conf section. I can change intensity in main section at the top but changing intensity per card in gpu_conf doesn't work.

I do that, and miner still crashing after fwe minutes and when h is pressed

Someone help?
Activity: 78
When setting the GPUs manually i get the fellowing error :

Error CL_INVALID_DEVICE when calling clCreateContext

I think that the integrated intel gpu hip that is causing this, something like "platform_index : 0" from xmr-stack can help.

Check which gpu is which by
Code:
SRBMiner-CN.exe --listdevices
Activity: 5
When setting the GPUs manually i get the fellowing error :

Error CL_INVALID_DEVICE when calling clCreateContext

I think that the integrated intel gpu hip that is causing this, something like "platform_index : 0" from xmr-stack can help.
Activity: 14
@doktor

Why is it making a new srb file everytime if u only change the intensity?
Cause the name isn't changing.
Just curious
Activity: 59
Hi all,
When I clicked the start.bat file, the miner said my cpu doesn’t support AES NI, so it used software simulation. Does it mean srbminer utilizes your cpu also? I don’t want this. Is there a way to disable cpu mining?

Thank you.

No its not using cpu mining, its using your cpu to validate gpu results. This is something every miner does, so don't worry Smiley

Thanks. But how do you reboot the operating system if srbminer crashes or your GPUs hang?

after 3 thread hang messages it should say "Gpu crash detected miner will shut down...." and after that it should quit automatically and restart.

Thank you very much. I come from claymore's world, so I expected the OS to reboot if gpus hang. relieved!
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Just wanted to test new 1.3.1 version but it makes "Error CL_INVALID_DEVICE when calling clCreateContext" when trying to build opencl kernel for "heavy" algo on my R9 390. "Normal7" working.

did you left intensity on 0 or you tried to change it manually?
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Hi all,
When I clicked the start.bat file, the miner said my cpu doesn’t support AES NI, so it used software simulation. Does it mean srbminer utilizes your cpu also? I don’t want this. Is there a way to disable cpu mining?

Thank you.

No its not using cpu mining, its using your cpu to validate gpu results. This is something every miner does, so don't worry Smiley

Thanks. But how do you reboot the operating system if srbminer crashes or your GPUs hang?

after 3 thread hang messages it should say "Gpu crash detected miner will shut down...." and after that it should quit automatically and restart.
Activity: 10
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Any issue with devfee ?
Just installed v1.3.1 on few rigs.
Mining SUMO, with heavy algo.
2 of them have switched on devfee and I think they have never returned on main pool after that.
Using usa server for devfee.
No pics of that for the moment Sad
I've just enabled log

EDIT : like that ! 18mn doing nothing !

i will make a more informative logging, so we can find out what is happening.
Did it reconnect to your pool after those 18 minutes, or that never happened?
After night, i've now 4 rigs in this case : doing nothing after switched to devfee, since hours ...
Thanks! But, set the bat file in the startup folder is not enough Embarrassed
If you copy your bat inside startup folder, it'll do nothing, cause inside it have RELATIVE path to start miner. You need to make shortcut and move it to startup folder, or change path from relative to full.
Activity: 13
after 2 days "socket was closed while receiving data" and miner crash. Cry
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

Activity: 11
Merit: 1
Vega 64 on SRB1.2.5 CNHeavy stable 1500H/s (int 60, dual)
                 SRB1.3.1 CNv7      stable 2100H/s (int 120, worksize 16, dual)

Thanks dev for your hard work, this miner looks very promising!
Activity: 3
The miner hang when threads hang. I tried to close the miner Window but nothing happen. Also tried kill it via taskkill cmd too but it said "reason: there is no running instance". So how can i kill the miner proccess when it stucks? I hope there will be an option to restart the rig when the GPUs hang  Wink

https://i.imgur.com/sY5wIVX.png
Activity: 10
Thanks! But, set the bat file in the startup folder is not enough Embarrassed
How to start SRBMiner with Windows startup?
Make shortcut for your bat file in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
1. open explorer
2. press ctrl + l and type %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and press enter
3. make shortcut

If you need some delay for start, then you can do similar thing via task scheduler with this guide, just don't forget to add folder where to start your bat in actions tab.
Activity: 14
How to start SRBMiner with Windows startup?

U can add the shortcut of the batfile in startup folder..

Win10 C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
Jump to: