Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBPolaris V3.5 - BIOS editor for AMD RX4XX and RX5XX cards - page 20. (Read 125108 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Great editor! I finally managed to set the correct voltage on my msi rx480 without having to set it in the claymore miner. This means I can now run my rig undervolted in linux (I guess). Will send some "support" when it runs ok in linux. Thanks for this!

hmmz cheered too early. Still got no succes: when I set 800mv as voltage it runs at about 880mv. (consumes upto 100watt more for 5 cards). Any idea howto fix this?

You need to do a PROPER undervolt to the VBIOS if you want it to work in Linux. I can do these, usually.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Finally I confirm I cannot undervolt in Linux Ubuntu16.04.2 AMDGPU-Pro claymore with my two card model (RX480 Sapphire and MSI).
I've set VDDCI and VDDC to 975/950/925mV with no change. As I've understood it needs some serious BIOS tweaking, with object insertion and offset recomputation.
my stock rom for Sapphire was
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h5Pyv_VGO6Ni14Z2tRZWI5aUE/view?usp=sharing
and modded version tha should be undervolted is eg:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h5Pyv_VGO6em1VU3lQd1lfZFk/view?usp=sharing

and for MSI stock was
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h5Pyv_VGO6d1R1bGhOdWRhMGs/view?usp=sharing
and modded version that should be undervolted is
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h5Pyv_VGO6ajJiQUJkdnkyVm8/view?usp=sharing

I've used  "Anorak ATOMBIOSReader" on MSI stock and modded version , but I don't know to do with the offset (moreover  it seems people use another tool to edit and disassemble)
0020:   a9f0  Len 0034  Rev 03:01  (VoltageObjectInfo/VRAM_GPIO_DetectionInfo)

for the Sapphire offset are different but is similar...
0020:   a954  Len 0062  Rev 03:01  (VoltageObjectInfo/VRAM_GPIO_DetectionInfo)

on Linux I see virtaul device of i2c peripheral... maybe an expert could drive those ICs
/sys/class/drm/card1/device/i2c-6  ...  /sys/class/drm/card1/device/i2c-12 

Huh
Activity: 126
Hello.

Everytime I edit a single byte on my rx580 bios with your bios editor (and also any other), the UEFI GOP driver fails to load and I have no image unless I enable CSM boot/ disable UEFI. Is that something that can be fixed or is it a limitation?
Probably the UEFI part of the bios needs a new checksum?

As far as i know only the legacy rom is checksummed?

The way I understand it (i could be wrong), not only it is checksummed but also signed.
With offed UEFI only checksum matters.
With UEFI signature also matters and since you can not resign bios edits it will not work.

Activity: 55
Merit: 5
Hello.

Everytime I edit a single byte on my rx580 bios with your bios editor (and also any other), the UEFI GOP driver fails to load and I have no image unless I enable CSM boot/ disable UEFI. Is that something that can be fixed or is it a limitation?

I have no idea, it was just a guess.
The bios that my card uses is this one
Polarisbioseditor also does the same. The only issue with disabling UEFI is that booting form NVMe devices is much harder to do.
For example, if I crossflash the nitro bios on my pulse, the system boots with uefi. If I mod it, the system only gives image after loading the windows driver. Same if I flash the pulse bios. The stock one, everything is OK, the modded fails to load the uefi gop driver.
Any ideas?
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Hello.

Activity: 48
womp womp Tongue

@KoSoVaR
That second strap you posted has some timings that are looser than the first one. You could try taking the second one and changing tRRD to 5 and use the other tighter timings from the SEQ_RAS_TIMING section of the first one to make a modified version of the second one.

Thanks for the info.  I tried going supper aggressive iN SEQ_RAS_TIMING and copying basically the UberMix 3.1 to the modified version I have.   No go.  Tried changing tRRD to 5 and ...

m  01:20:39|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #1a929a81 : 0.06MH/s [A0+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  01:20:40|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #1a929a81 : 0.06MH/s [A0+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  01:20:40|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #1a929a81 : 0.06MH/s [A0+0:R0+0:F0]

Going to mess around a little more.
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
womp womp Tongue

@KoSoVaR
That second strap you posted has some timings that are looser than the first one. You could try taking the second one and changing tRRD to 5 and use the other tighter timings from the SEQ_RAS_TIMING section of the first one to make a modified version of the second one.
I can directly control all VRMs on Polaris cards I've come across, and STILL haven't found one that will let me fuck with MVDDC.

Ah okay..thought I read you found some ASUS strix cards that you could do it on.

not following on "not PBE shit".  VDDC does not work on Linux, regardless of what I set in PBE and flash?  And this is where omg comes in?

I think those omgtools are all for timings modding. You would need to hex edit the rom for volt mods afaik...still need to learn this shit myself. I don't think PBE can do volt mods but I thought this SRB one could do a basic one.
The UberMix 3.1 only gets you to 24?

What if you take the 1625 timings and run them through nerdralph's tool?

Keep in mind that some of these guys have highly tuned timings that they've been testing and optimizing...not just some copy/paste jobbie. And some of them have been able to overvolt the VRAM and therefore I assume can get higher mem clocks/tighter timings than us normies. Unless you are willing to pay someone for a mod or learn how to directly control the VRM I wouldn't expect to get 30+MH/s.

I can directly control all VRMs on Polaris cards I've come across, and STILL haven't found one that will let me fuck with MVDDC.

But the VDDCI and VDDC can be hard coded and will be effective through editing and flashing a BIOS, correct?  Can you see anything I'm doing blatantly wrong?  At this point I'm getting 26.2MH/s consistently with that Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB Hynix BIOS I posted above with 900mV VDDCI, 937mV VDDC, and using that strap.  I believe UberMix is "meant" for Samsung, at least from the forum posts.  Is that why I'm having issues? 

VDDCI can usually be set - doesn't work on some XFX, as they use the second loop of the NCP81022 for it. VDDC - don't work on Linux, not PBE shit. Also, trying Samsung timings on Hynix, you should be thankful it worked at all xD

The Samsung on Hynix doesn't work, so UberMix 3.1 is not working.  I found this string of timings in another thread where you posted

777000000000000022AA1C00B56A6D46C0551017BE8E060C006AE6000C081420EA8900AB0300000 01B162C31C0313F17

not following on "not PBE shit".  VDDC does not work on Linux, regardless of what I set in PBE and flash?  And this is where omg comes in?

Keep in mind that some of these guys have highly tuned timings that they've been testing and optimizing...not just some copy/paste jobbie. And some of them have been able to overvolt the VRAM and therefore I assume can get higher mem clocks/tighter timings than us normies. Unless you are willing to pay someone for a mod or learn how to directly control the VRM I wouldn't expect to get 30+MH/s.

But the VDDCI and VDDC can be hard coded and will be effective through editing and flashing a BIOS, correct?  Can you see anything I'm doing blatantly wrong?  At this point I'm getting 26.2MH/s consistently with that Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB Hynix BIOS I posted above with 900mV VDDCI, 937mV VDDC, and using that strap.  I believe UberMix is "meant" for Samsung, at least from the forum posts.  Is that why I'm having issues? 
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Thanks for reply man. But with original bios works all fine. This problem is only if i update edited bios. Sad

No shit. The driver doesn't like you using a modded VBIOS; you need to patch it.

I'm hitting 26MH/s right now when copying this strap 777000000000000022AA1C00B56A6D46C0551017BE8E060C006AE6000C081420EA8900AB0300000 01B162C31C0313F17 to 1750/2000/2250.  I'm using 1150/2200.. and I undervolted memory to 925mV and core to 1087mV.

Hi friends Smiley  Great work @doktor83.  I have a few Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB cards.  This is perhaps a more general BIOS editing question than tool specific, as I'm having a hard time making the "right" (or magical?) edits to obtain the hash speeds that many claim to be 29-30MH/s. 

I've uploaded the stock BIOS here:  https://mega.nz/#!5rgUgKbC!S3b2-z6TZ9CXOi6wXJzqFFE8SDE8xIqwz2MZJTdQdlc

I've tried a combination of copying the 1750 to upper, as well as in a different end result using the UberMix 3.1 timings found on OCN (http://www.overclock.net/t/1604567/polaris-bios-editing-rx5xx-rx4xx)

UberMix v3.1

777000000000000022CC1C00AD615C41C0590E152ECC8608006007000B031420FA8900A00300000 010122F3FBA354019

From a newb BIOS editing perspective, I've been reading that simply copying 1750 up should do most of the work.  However, with this specific card I'm getting 24MH/s with that edit.  And other cards aren't getting nearly to 30MH/s.

So my question, friends, is if you could help identify what I'm doing wrong.  I'm setting these to 1100/2100 with stock and modded BIOS and not getting any good results.
Activity: 55
Merit: 5
Hello.

lol, just tell me what do you want to know and i will tell you  Grin

Two things, but second may take some time. First off - this ROM: https://dropfile.to/zyjxWyj

It's a stock one from one of my GPUs, and can cause some editors to choke. Does it work?

And here I was hoping to see a rom which will break my parser. Nah.
What was interesting about this one?

Breaks a stupid parser I once saw - some will search for the 400Mhz value past the beginning structures to find it, that one will cause breakage.

Yep, it is stupid. There was such a parser? Something private?
Even restricting to polaris default timing tables for K4G41325FE does not contain 400Mhz strap, most timing tables for EDW4032BABG, and all for MT51J256M32HF, K4G80325FB, H5GC8H24MJR does not start with 400Mhz strap.

Litmus test to see if I wanted him to test parse a mod I'm working on that will work - but should cause most (if not all) parsers around (and hex editing people) to get really fucked values.
Just add gaps between subtables and fill them with quasi-data. Or make 'dummy' expansion of regblock. No?

Better idea.

You could also change format of timings.
Even better?

EDIT: You could be really evil and hardcode timing data in command table.
lol, just tell me what do you want to know and i will tell you  Grin

Two things, but second may take some time. First off - this ROM: https://dropfile.to/zyjxWyj

It's a stock one from one of my GPUs, and can cause some editors to choke. Does it work?

Breaks a stupid parser I once saw - some will search for the 400Mhz value past the beginning structures to find it, that one will cause breakage.

Yep, it is stupid. There was such a parser? Something private?
Even restricting to polaris default timing tables for K4G41325FE does not contain 400Mhz strap, most timing tables for EDW4032BABG, and all for MT51J256M32HF, K4G80325FB, H5GC8H24MJR does not start with 400Mhz strap.

Litmus test to see if I wanted him to test parse a mod I'm working on that will work - but should cause most (if not all) parsers around (and hex editing people) to get really fucked values.
Just add gaps between subtables and fill them with quasi-data. Or make 'dummy' expansion of regblock. No?

Everything looks ok.

let's continue this in pm
Pages:
Jump to: