Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBPolaris V3.5 - BIOS editor for AMD RX4XX and RX5XX cards - page 23. (Read 125108 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Hi.

Bios editor can not see all memory timings

Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 460 [GV-RX460WF2OC-4GD]
Bios 512 Kb.
http://www.filedropper.com/biosorg

What do you mean by 'all'?
This bios has support for only one type of memory 'MT51J256M32HF_1_35V' and has timings for memory clocks 200Mhz, ..., 1500Mhz.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi.

Bios editor can not see all memory timings

Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 460 [GV-RX460WF2OC-4GD]
Bios 512 Kb.
http://www.filedropper.com/biosorg

and then you need to go to the padding between the legacy VBIOS & the UEFI one, and remove enough such that the VBIOS image remains the same size
There are very rare bioses where it (remove part of the padding) is not possible.

so how do you add anything extra in those kind of bioses?

You get real creative. Find anything that you can remove. ANYTHING that can be thrown out must go.

You also could extend VBIOS with additional block and fix related data.
Activity: 2
Anyone have HIS RX 580 IceQ X2 Turbo 8Gb MICRON Original Bios? I had a 2 cards with Hynix and Micron and I over wrote my Micron's Original Bios, I would really appreciate it if anyone has this model with the Micron bios rom file. T.T
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
and then you need to go to the padding between the legacy VBIOS & the UEFI one, and remove enough such that the VBIOS image remains the same size
There are very rare bioses where it (remove part of the padding) is not possible.

so how do you add anything extra in those kind of bioses?
brand new
Activity: 0
Hello Doktor83, im trying to lower the voltage on XFX 470 4GB with NCP81022 VRM, but whatever i do, the voltage is not actualy afected. It only moves little down if i set low core freq, but not as low as i want.
Im doing this steps:

With Sapphire trixx i see  my cards works stable at 0.88volts 1150 core, so i trying make this settings permanent in bios with SRBPolaris V2.62, and as result the default core and memory frequency are changed, but core voltage is not.

I`m i doing something wrong or maybe i miss somethig or the card is not supported?
For reference here are my original bios:
http://www.filedropper.com/xfx470elpida4
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
aside from the uefi padding, I did all of the above in the  290 days.

Thanks for the guidance  Smiley

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
@doktor83

The bios Voltage modifications (vddc) work correctly on Windows 7.  But when using the same cards on Windows 10, there is a big mismatch between the bios voltage (831mv) and the gpu-z reading (990mv).

Is there any other way to setup the bios voltage so that it works in Windows 10 (and linux) ?

Only the proper way.

okay?

Meaning VoltageObjectInfo, with an offset.

Hex editing? Just like the hawaii and grenada?  I did tons of that on my 290x back in the day.

Anything different 290x > 570  I should know about?   I'm reading I can only alter the offset...

Different controllers, different offsets Smiley
@doktor83

The bios Voltage modifications (vddc) work correctly on Windows 7.  But when using the same cards on Windows 10, there is a big mismatch between the bios voltage (831mv) and the gpu-z reading (990mv).

Is there any other way to setup the bios voltage so that it works in Windows 10 (and linux) ?

Only the proper way.

okay?

Meaning VoltageObjectInfo, with an offset.

Hex editing? Just like the hawaii and grenada?  I did tons of that on my 290x back in the day.

Anything different 290x > 570  I should know about?   I'm reading I can only alter the offset...
@doktor83

Only the proper way.

okay?
@doktor83

Activity: 26
i have a XFX 560 4GB card that when I try to open the saved BIOS it says "Bios is UKNOWN, card may get damaged after flashing" - i have 2.62  - maybe I need to wait for another version?

P/N 113-P21_XT_4G_D5_170217_HM_SF
BIOS C98121 Polaris21 XT A1 GDDR5 256Mx32 4GB 214e/300m

checksum 0x7B
FW Signature 4D4F5441
VendorID 1002
DeviceID 67FF
Sybsystem VendorID 1682

memory types:
Micron
SK Hynix

let me know if you want me to post my bios.

This is because it has no init regulator object in its VoltageObjectInfo table - and he said he doesn't plan to add support for inserting offsets, so god knows he wouldn't support inserting entire voltage objects.

Niko and you pointed out a few things, and since you were right, no one has to be affraid, i won't add anything "spectacular" to the tool Cheesy
After gpu or mem freq change you have to save bios then re-open it.
Until then voltage stuff is disabled Smiley

Until V2.62 the offset had to be on a "expected place" in VOI, but now i changed that and it finds it on any place , if it exists in the VOI.
Maybe this way a few more cards will be capable of changing vddc Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
hi,I edited the bios (RX 580 Gaming x 8gb) leaving the voltage at 1018mv, but the voltage is always at 1087mv (I looked after afterburner, trixx, hwinfo64), if I change some configuration on the wattman and apply (ex: change Core clock ) The voltage stay in 1006mv, even if I reset the wattman settings, but I do not want to change every time I reboot the pc, do you have any idea what it can be? Thank you in advance sorry for the text (and my English)

Hrmmm, my msi rx 580 gaming x 8gb says not supported by srbpolaris, and vddci screen is empty/greyed out.

uP9505P. He hasn't figured those out yet, I'm guessing.
Activity: 418
Merit: 250
Hi Doktor,

my powercolor red dragon 570 has a voltage offset of +6 (*6.25 of course),

however the voltage dropdown is grayed out  

is this a bug or is the VRM offset not in the expected place in this BIOS ?  (I haven't looked at the hex yet)  

edit: disregard... after programming my first modded BIOS and rebooting, your program now allows the voltage options; strange  

thanks again for all your hard work  Smiley 

edit2: I'm stupid, it clearly says "save BIOS first"
Activity: 79
the bios you are trying to open has a bad crc.
Click fix checksum , save bios then open it again.

is this a samsung rom ? if samsung where is 1900 timing?

This rom is Rx 580 Rog strix 8gb (3 fans)

http://imgur.com/a/dmyn9
the bios you are trying to open has a bad crc.
Click fix checksum , save bios then open it again.
Activity: 79
Asus Rx 580 Rog Strix 8gb rom can't open. Whats problem? Undecided

http://imgur.com/a/6GFwl
Pages:
Jump to: