Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBPolaris V3.5 - BIOS editor for AMD RX4XX and RX5XX cards - page 24. (Read 125108 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
V2.62

- More efficient way of finding vddc pointer
- Fixed a bug when vddc editing

https://mega.nz/#F!TVgGHQZS!yfmtIvbF67iS4QrEJqb26g
@doktor83
Some people here used to get 30$ to mod a rig with just copy trap 1500 up.
Since I showed your tool to those "farmers/miners" and tell them how easy to just copy the trap. Some bad guy didn't have chance to get money any more.

I think you are mistaken about who is 'bad guy' here.
Someone who refused to learn and research is definitely not a 'good guy' and arguably a lot worse than someone who learned, researched and now sells his knowledge.

Now I learn some more about Custom Timing, VDDC ... hope I can help my community.
I will release a series "Every one can Mod" ... LOL

So, you and your community (whatever it means) profited from using doktor83's tool.
How much did you donated?

Oh you made me laugh and feel so good niko2004x, thank you Smiley
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
All my rigs are NV. LOL
I have 1 SP470 4GB,  1 MSI 480 8GB, 1 HIS 470 4GB
All AMD for research,  do fun stuff and not for mining.
I haven't received any donated from what I done yet but I would send to doktor83 all if I received any.
Don't be foolish Wink
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
You guys are partially right, i released this to do something good for the community, but it looks like the community does not want to do any good for me.
Still counting 0 donations here Roll Eyes

As i made this for myself, to speed up basic bios editing stuff, one day i thought i would share it maybe someone else finds it useful too, and who knows, maybe i can earn some pennies.

In my opinion there is nothing good in releasing tools related to overclocking to mining community.
Difficulty automatically eats all the difference.
And there is one thing I understood for just a year in mining.
Most miners (like >99%) are very unwilling to pay anything for tools unless it leads to some big profits.
So donation scheme will not work.

Very true, and the profits have to be immediate and effortless - which doesn't describe good tools.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
@doktor83
Since I showed your tool to those "farmers/miners" and tell them how easy to just copy the trap. Some bad guy didn't have chance to get money any more.

I think you are mistaken about who is 'bad guy' here.
Someone who refused to learn and research is definitely not a 'good guy' and arguably a lot worse than someone who learned, researched and now sells his knowledge.

Now I learn some more about Custom Timing, VDDC ... hope I can help my community.

So, you and your community (whatever it means) profited from using doktor83's tool.
How much did you donated?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
@doktor83

So we could make let's call it extra power saver bios, with core set to 600mhz Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Those bioses of mr.anoraks are called powersave because he lowered core clock ? Cheesy
OR what is the secret, anyone knows?

Just copied the core clock into the dpm1 stage and all the way up.

It saves power though. Is it ideal? Nah.. Wink
Those bioses of mr.anoraks are called powersave because he lowered core clock ? Cheesy
OR what is the secret, anyone knows?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I don't understand why people use this tool, the 1,41 version works good and is open source. I don't understand why this coder will not open source it, this was forked right? so what is wrong about making the source code available or implementing in the original github page. Your work will be credited.

Users are free to do whatever they want, authors are free to do whatever they want too. End of story.

As a somewhat opposite opinion I do no understand why he released it at all.
It does something in addition to polaris editor functions and looks like original (at least partially), non forked work.
What wrong about not sharing at all and profiting by yourself?
Short answer, right or wrong is irrelevant, he is free to do whatever he want.

I have different opinion about releasing.
For example I written complete parser (and builder) for all atombios tables relevant to mining (and some others too)
and essentially have universal bios editor library for everything (yes I tested all variations) from HD 2xxx to yet unreleased Vega.
It can do everything that could be done with other bios editors and much more.
It will probably never be released.
I really do not care it this work is credited, profits i do care.

Same, I got a shitton of tools for VBIOS work, but Lord knows I wouldn't release them. PBE, while yeah, it cuts into profits, is at least a piece of shit.
Activity: 75
there are all bios

someone tested this one?

https://anorak.tech/c/downloads/sapphire
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
I noticed that Nitro 4xx got Vddc offset on the fast bios and not on the silent one. But for some reason VDDCI mod is not working on the fast bios where the offset is available. Is it possible to add a static voltage and offset(where it is available) together?
I am not going to make a 'vddc offset adder', so if no offset already in voi, then no combobox Smiley
hi,I edited the bios (RX 580 Gaming x 8gb) leaving the voltage at 1018mv, but the voltage is always at 1087mv (I looked after afterburner, trixx, hwinfo64), if I change some configuration on the wattman and apply (ex: change Core clock ) The voltage stay in 1006mv, even if I reset the wattman settings, but I do not want to change every time I reboot the pc, do you have any idea what it can be? Thank you in advance sorry for the text (and my English)

Hrmmm, my msi rx 580 gaming x 8gb says not supported by srbpolaris, and vddci screen is empty/greyed out.

It looks like most(all?) msi rx 580 bioses not only do not have preset for necessary register but entire i2c vo is missing in voi.
So no voltage offset in bios without major bios surgery.
Activity: 112
Hello,
it is possible to set the offset in the bios on the

8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+
or
8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Nitro+?

someone try it?

lg Martin

I would be interested to see as I'm looking to get some sapphire 570's. Send me a copy of the original bios and I'll have a look.
Activity: 75
Hello,
it is possible to set the offset in the bios on the

8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+
or
8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Nitro+?

someone try it?

lg Martin
Activity: 129
hi,I edited the bios (RX 580 Gaming x 8gb) leaving the voltage at 1018mv, but the voltage is always at 1087mv (I looked after afterburner, trixx, hwinfo64), if I change some configuration on the wattman and apply (ex: change Core clock ) The voltage stay in 1006mv, even if I reset the wattman settings, but I do not want to change every time I reboot the pc, do you have any idea what it can be? Thank you in advance sorry for the text (and my English)

Hrmmm, my msi rx 580 gaming x 8gb says not supported by srbpolaris, and vddci screen is empty/greyed out.
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Actually in the values indicated only had 8 btc deposits and 2 eth
When I have 20 vga I'll see if I can buy a program with a slightly better income if it is not very expensive
Add etc for donation
Should TX be informed here?
Could not you tell me if there is not a friendly editor like that for the 300 series?
Same, I got a shitton of tools for VBIOS work, but Lord knows I wouldn't release them. PBE, while yeah, it cuts into profits, is at least a piece of shit.

At least PBE tries to partially parse tables. TBR, HBR on the other hand is pure pointers and offsets.
Activity: 112
This is a great tool! Managed to modify the bios (hex edit) of my sapphires nitro+ Samsung memory and now I can add voltage offset.
I found that setting a -150 actually gives -125  after flashing. -125 gives -100 so whatever you set seems to be off by 25mv.

http://imgur.com/a/7cI0Y

Prepping the rig for linux so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as how to set a proper fan curve through manipulating the numbers in the fan tab of SRB Polaris.

http://imgur.com/a/40p63

What version is this? I just downloaded 2.61 but it has a text field for voltages

The vbios is modded with a hex editor first. Very few cards, as I understand, have this voltage controller in place (not sure if the term is technically correct). The normal vbios would show what you are seeing. Didn't need the tool after all (i just put the right value in hex to give me needed offset) but this thread lead me to this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5qFEIMYTs&feature=youtu.be. If you're computer savvy you should be able to figure it out  Wink 
Pages:
Jump to: