Pages:
Author

Topic: [SSD] Sonic - 1st TOR with functional anon send - Steganography based Anon App - page 11. (Read 284875 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Rebranding would def be an easy way to reboot this project. A new name would be a cheap easy alteration that would also attract new interest in the project.. Maybe funding. Should be something that sounds like money and not a science fair project. Let's throw some Names around. At least it'll feel like the project is still alive.
Activity: 301
So 1) why is Arg holding this project captive? and 2) Who could develop a similar coin with stenography,tor wallet etc and a better name? If Arg isn't capable of developing this project then hes prolly too poor to fight any copyright lawsuits .

Not sure of the size of our community but is a takeover possible and if so can we find a competent Dev to continue with the tech? I, for one, would like to keep the current project intact with maybe a re-branding. 
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
Am I the only one staking? Seems so. The chain only moves when I'm online. Huh

I also stake it from time to time, but I don't keep the wallet online 24/7.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
My 900k SSD are not for sale. I will add them to my crypto graveyard if need be. I can afford for my investments to go to 0 sats and not affect my life in any way.

I think we have the same principle when it comes to investing.  Wink
So 1) why is Arg holding this project captive? and 2) Who could develop a similar coin with stenography,tor wallet etc and a better name? If Arg isn't capable of developing this project then hes prolly too poor to fight any copyright lawsuits .
My 900k SSD are not for sale. I will add them to my crypto graveyard if need be. I can afford for my investments to go to 0 sats and not affect my life in any way.
Activity: 744
Merit: 500
I buy dead coins like ssd. I can pay you 5 sats per 1 ssd.
Am I the only one staking? Seems so. The chain only moves when I'm online. Huh
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
anyone selling coins here

I can sell you 100k for 0,5 btc.

im buying for 30sats a coin. given the situation no gurantee of anything

Gee, 30 sats was the closing price on Bittrex with no selling pressure. The price was about 200 sats prior to the delisting notice. If the dev was half as smart in marketing as he was in coding, the current price would be in thousands of sats at the very least.

As it now stands this coin is pretty much dead, dev hasn't posted since march and has not even been online since may..... Had high hopes for SSD but obviously the devs intrests are now pointed elsewhere..... You can hold with a hope that one day he will return and finish the project which i am not liking the odds of that happening or you can just get rid of them first chance you get..... This dead cat isn't going to be bouncing anymore.....

Well, someone else can take over the project and give it some updates / new features / whatever. Arg isn't a god to pray for his return.

That is very true, how ever i don't think that would save SSD. but only time will tell facts.

Gee, 30 sats was the closing price on Bittrex with no selling pressure. The price was about 200 sats prior to the delisting notice. If the dev was half as smart in marketing as he was in coding, the current price would be in thousands of sats at the very least.

As it now stands this coin is pretty much dead, dev hasn't posted since march and has not even been online since may..... Had high hopes for SSD but obviously the devs intrests are now pointed elsewhere..... You can hold with a hope that one day he will return and finish the project which i am not liking the odds of that happening or you can just get rid of them first chance you get..... This dead cat isn't going to be bouncing anymore.....

Well, someone else can take over the project and give it some updates / new features / whatever. Arg isn't a god to pray for his return.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Activity: 469

Activity: 405
Merit: 500
Activity: 469

Hello, Arg has had many life changes. I ask no questions and help Sonic when I can.

For anyone wanting to sync the chain, I have made a new bootstrap current as of today, block 1096380.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rWObF4xz1YdWF1Yi1jU0xfZWc/view?usp=sharing

Given that the network seems to have only 2 nodes, I will set up 2 more nodes to ensure the network is live at all times.

The first is

Code:
addnode=4cubkmey352kxkbh.onion

I will set up a second soon.

The only "life change" that I would accept as a reason for haulting development or not releasing updates at this point is death. This coin is missing out on its golden opportunity to be more than just another shitcoin. Open bazaar 2.0 is running on TOR now. Thats the kinda news that would make a TOR based coin like SSD go up in value. Imagine if it was embraced by Openbazaar as an accepted payment option for goods in the same way Monero was by Oasis. Arg may be knowledgeable on all things privacy but he is very novice when it comes to the financial Markets. He also is not willing to risk anything on his own project in spite of those who already risked their own money in good faith that he would continue this project.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Because privacy is a basic human right.

Hello, Arg has had many life changes. I ask no questions and help Sonic when I can.

For anyone wanting to sync the chain, I have made a new bootstrap current as of today, block 1096380.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rWObF4xz1YdWF1Yi1jU0xfZWc/view?usp=sharing

Given that the network seems to have only 2 nodes, I will set up 2 more nodes to ensure the network is live at all times.

The first is

Code:
addnode=4cubkmey352kxkbh.onion

I will set up a second soon.
Is Arg willing to hand this project over to people who are more capable of developing it? That's what i would like to know.  I originally chose this coin over  monero because i thought the vortex tech was  better than ring signatures and it could be adopted by bitcoin since  ssd and bitcoin are  both sha256. Does he understand the value that this coin had to the bitcoin community? As other anon coins gain traction how can bitcoin compete? Through development obviously.... If somehow bitcoin enthusiasts saw the same value in ssd as i do they would invest in it.
Arg gave up too soon.  Look at the demand for monero right now because of its privacy on the darknet.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/5-major-reasons-why-monero-has-spiked

Yeah, I also think so. This coin could fly high with some uplifting right now and minor development in the near future. Monero was saved by the community once upon a time. Did the bagholders here also give up?
Prior to its price spike, an online darknet market on the Tor network known as AlphaBay Market announced the implementation of Monero due to a strong demand from the community.
Pages:
Jump to: