Pages:
Author

Topic: STAR COIN [STR] - The coin with bonus STAR blocks - page 48. (Read 143622 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
dead??

Just find share (29.9M) for next block. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
dead??
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Just checked my machine for the first time since yesterday morning and it looks like it maybe stopped working around 1-1:30pmEST yesterday (8/21/13). Also, difficulty is @ 29.9m as others reported.

Guess it's time to move this machine to another coin...seems there's always some sort of problem with these PoS (Piece of Shit?) coins.

I'm glad that any mining I do is mostly just for fun.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Somebody mined the share over 29.9M? I got only 1.23M max

Still at 29.9M for me, just checked. Moved all my miners to other coins for now.

cK'
Somebody mined the share over 29.9M? I got only 1.23M max
legendary
Cannot get the client running at all anymore.

Last lines of debug.log:

ERROR: mempool transaction missing input
ERROR: ConnectInputs() : tried to spend coinbase at depth 38
legendary
Str.minar.cc seems to be stuck.  It hasn't found a block since 90440.  https://www.miningpool.co hasn't found a block since 90474.

Current block is 90982 according to my wallet.

Does this indicate a problem with the network?  I was mining locally last night too, and got one reject, when I would have expected a few blocks.

Something strange is definitely going on.

I tried to do a rescan on the client and saw this in debug.log

Rescanning last 91200 blocks (from block 0)...
ERROR: CheckProofOfWork() : hash doesn't match nBits
ERROR: CBlock::ReadFromDisk() : errors in block header

Have now removed all files in the StarCoin directory (except for wallet.dat obviously) and I am re-downloading the block chain.
Maybe now found only PoS blocks and difficulty will changed only when PoW block will found ?

It does look like indeed the only blocks that are generated at the moment are PoS blocks.
Still it doesn't explain why the difficulty went to 29.9M all of a sudden. So either something is broken or there was an attack of some kind on the network.

cK'

Not a difficulty attack, because difficulty retargets every block.

That's just it. Imagine some shitheads putting massive hashing power to STR. Difficulty would climb every block, going sky-high. Taking that hashing power away again we're stuck with extremely high difficulty. To retarget a new block must be found first and it could take quite a while to find one at this difficulty, actually blocking the coin for a while.
Whether it's a malicious attack or just one of those moronic "profit switching" pools, I don't know. Just a theory anyway, your guess is as good as mine.

cK'
Maybe now found only PoS blocks and difficulty will changed only when PoW block will found ?

It does look like indeed the only blocks that are generated at the moment are PoS blocks.
Still it doesn't explain why the difficulty went to 29.9M all of a sudden. So either something is broken or there was an attack of some kind on the network.

cK'

Difficulty retargets any every block (PoS or PoW) ?
Activity: 124

cK'

cK'
I tried updating my wallet to the 1.1 version: "Downloads (windows): (v1.1, updated checkpoints 04/08/13)", but that didn't make any difference. Getmininginfo difficulty is not changing from block to block, every digit of the number is the same.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Str.minar.cc seems to be stuck.  It hasn't found a block since 90440.  https://www.miningpool.co hasn't found a block since 90474.

Does this indicate a problem with the network?  I was mining locally last night too, and got one reject, when I would have expected a few blocks.
I have realized that 10 hours ago, i don't know whats wrong. I restarted every thing on my side and it is still not finding any new block. Pool speed is now 5MH, so it wouldn't find that many blocks either now..

Something is wrong with the StarCoin client.

Difficulty is fixed at 29.9M in my cgminer and doesn't change anymore.
The getmininginfo RPC call is static at 1.69074585. It's been like this for the past 8 hours.

cK'
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
We are taking these for buying Gold and Silver for a week to see if the interest is there and which coins we decide to keep up permanently

iGotSpots.com/other.html
Activity: 434
DEVS:
Im still having an enormous amount of CPU usage from starcoind on my pool, it is almost killing my server, you can compare dmd.minar.cc to str.minar.cc and you will see they have both almost same hashspeed but str takes a life to load. I even set stratum diff on str to 256 and dmd still at 32, same thing...

Have you at least tried to find the cause?? Can i help by providing any kind of logs or feedback??

my pool's starcoind uses 0.05% CPU time. dunno whats up with your compiled daemon, but its likely not a dev issue.
I think i pinpointed the issue, is your client's PoS mining active ? Mine is, and i think that's the cause of the cpu load.

Ok I can verify that the CPU usage is all due to PoS mining. I disabled it (setting reservebalance=1000000, the only way i knew) and the cpu usage lowered back to normal.

I just want to know if this high cpu load while PoS minting is normal, or i have an issue with my binary or config. I know the pool has a waaaay bigger wallet (in megabytes i mean: 36MB wallet.dat) due to all the transactions and addresses created, that may be related.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
No block explorer for starcoin yet?
Activity: 249
DEVS:
Im still having an enormous amount of CPU usage from starcoind on my pool, it is almost killing my server, you can compare dmd.minar.cc to str.minar.cc and you will see they have both almost same hashspeed but str takes a life to load. I even set stratum diff on str to 256 and dmd still at 32, same thing...

Have you at least tried to find the cause?? Can i help by providing any kind of logs or feedback??

my pool's starcoind uses 0.05% CPU time. dunno whats up with your compiled daemon, but its likely not a dev issue.
I think i pinpointed the issue, is your client's PoS mining active ? Mine is, and i think that's the cause of the cpu load.

OFFTOPIC: Why would you act as if you were not the pool op of cryptc?

what? I clearly stated "my pool", page(s) back there's a announcement post, and I have my own mining rigs. Why the aggression? I'm sharing my personal results and recommendation. Fix your pool.

try http://str.cryptc.me .  I was getting disconnects on minar.cc, and abnormally high rejects on miningpool.co (~15-25%). cryptc.me has got me at 6-7% rejects and its ~20% of the network right now
I was referring to this comment, i mean, why would you even try to mine on the other two pools?
Im not being aggressive, i just thought that it was not "fair play" to just talk as a normal user pointing the negative aspects of the two other pools and just "good" things about your pool.
You can check all my posts i have always been nice to other pool ops and fully honest about my pools situations, please don't misunderstand my comment.

I do want to know this:

1) There are no negative aspects of my pool to point out at this moment aside from small hashrate.
2) I point my miners at various pools, and I pointed them at both yours and the other str pool to compare performance and results from a miner's perspective to be sure I am offering a pool worth offering.
3) I can both speak from a miner point of view and a pool op point of view, it makes no difference in the results.
4) I am a nice pool op as well, but you cannot criticize me for stating facts. People at miningpool.co are receiving high rejects, and your pool is currently having performance issues affecting reliability.
5) There was zero attempt at deception, as noted in the posts above and the initial posts in question. Stop making a fuss.
Pages:
Jump to: