Pages:
Author

Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto! - page 29. (Read 3201 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3
May 23, 2018, 04:15:55 AM
Yes, the Starbucks coffee chain really started taking bitcoins. The algorithm is simple: you enter the amount in dollars on the project website and your email. Than you pay the requested amount with bitcoins and receive a special bar code on the email. Next you do an order at Starbucks and show the received barcode on the checkout. Surrender automatically returns back to the bitcoin-wallet. In fact, you can crank the whole scheme with a mobile phone while you're standing in line.

This is a bit different as you are using the Zeex App to buy gift cards using crypto. They are not limited to Starbucks though they have hundreds of other big name brands such as Amazon, Xbox, Adidas etc available as well.

https://www.zeex.me/
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
May 23, 2018, 04:15:26 AM
Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s

Interestingly, for the implementation of the project it was only necessary to link the existing system of virtual gift cards to Starbucks with the reception of bitcoins of payments on the site. All ingenious is simple.
Activity: 448
Merit: 232
May 23, 2018, 04:12:22 AM
Yes, the Starbucks coffee chain really started taking bitcoins. The algorithm is simple: you enter the amount in dollars on the project website and your email. Than you pay the requested amount with bitcoins and receive a special bar code on the email. Next you do an order at Starbucks and show the received barcode on the checkout. Surrender automatically returns back to the bitcoin-wallet. In fact, you can crank the whole scheme with a mobile phone while you're standing in line.
May 23, 2018, 04:12:19 AM
This is not news we have heard for years, do I have the wrong thing? I remember Starbucks had said that he would accept payment for almost a year with a long-lasting crypto.
It is a good thing that such global companies support crypto currencies Smiley

Hey check out the video and you will see the app in action

May 23, 2018, 04:11:06 AM
Forgive me but I fail to see how this promotes the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.
What Zeex does, if I understand it correctly, is help you convert your coins into a gift card,
which you can then use to buy coffee. It's more or less the same as converting your coins into fiat money
in order to buy coffee. If Starbucks really wanted to help promoting crypto, it could accept direct payments in crypto.
Earlier this years one of the Starbucks' CEOs said that he didn't  believe in Bitcoin.
That's enough of a hint to me as to what their position is.

So your point would be not to use crypto at all? This is a solution for not having to convert back to fiat and not having to pay fees.

So as a personal example as a UK crypto holder I would have to convert my eth back to fiat using Coinbase with the fees and time it entails and then wait for it to clear in my bank account before buying my coffee at Starbucks.

Or I could do as the guy in the video did, walk into Starbucks buy a gift token with eth or zix using the app and be out there in minutes with my coffee.  Smiley

I don't see this as the be all and end all of mass adoption but it is a step in the right direction.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
May 23, 2018, 04:08:25 AM
This is not news we have heard for years, do I have the wrong thing? I remember Starbucks had said that he would accept payment for almost a year with a long-lasting crypto.
It is a good thing that such global companies support crypto currencies Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
May 23, 2018, 03:56:24 AM
Forgive me but I fail to see how this promotes the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.
What Zeex does, if I understand it correctly, is help you convert your coins into a gift card,
which you can then use to buy coffee. It's more or less the same as converting your coins into fiat money
in order to buy coffee. If Starbucks really wanted to help promoting crypto, it could accept direct payments in crypto.
Earlier this years one of the Starbucks' CEOs said that he didn't  believe in Bitcoin.
That's enough of a hint to me as to what their position is.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
May 23, 2018, 03:45:30 AM
More and more large group companies are now entering the crypto market,This is a very encouraging news for the entire industry.Companies like Starbucks have many operating points around the world. Their joining is considered to provide the greatest help for crypto because they have a large customer base. I will pay attention to such news. thank you for your sharing.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 251
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
May 23, 2018, 03:36:31 AM
it's really real and it's been proven to buy a cup of coffee with ETH it's to a very extraordinary masters but in my country there is nothing like it in starbucks
Activity: 182
May 23, 2018, 03:31:16 AM
the news is very encouraging ..
I can sit down while enjoying coffee and seeing the scenery around, without having to carry a small buck in the pocket.
Activity: 295
May 23, 2018, 03:28:50 AM
Wow, really?) The future is just behind us, soon we will be able to pay for even bread or carwash by crypto, easy, privatly. I heard about that some places started accepting crypto, but Starbucks is huge!
May 23, 2018, 03:24:36 AM
Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

Pages:
Jump to: