Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 12. (Read 300490 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

Silverfuture, would you mind start taking some units from Garrett ?

Any Canadians here that could take few units ?

The sooner we take the hardware from Garrett, the better everything will be. It's guaranteed.
Activity: 843
Merit: 1001
has anything we need to know now?? why no update??
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
How many CT machines does COG currently have delivered?
Where are all these machines? spread out bewteen the Canadian DC and Garrett's original place?

How many are now due from CT?
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

With all of this in mind, think does it really make sense to even try to fix or keep running this company.  The answer is emphatically NO.

I really don't know how to spell this out any other way.

Agree, but what can be done when Garr fixes the vote? He is too busy enjoying life to even post in this thread once a day.

The only thing I can think of is someone taking the initiative to get everyone on board with Garr exercising his operation shut down rights for liquidation.

Give Garr an ultimatum that if he doesn't publicly start the process in X days, the authorities will be informed by all shareholders willing.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
Garr and Cognitive Mining wastes another day with nothing productive, surprise.

Just letting the clock count down as much as he can.

He is too busy enjoying life to even post in this thread once a day.

He's a philosopher now remember...
I am in Canada but...

No just no...stop for a second and think about this operation.  Think about Garr making blunder after blunder, the lack of transparency, everyone coming out of the woodwork telling Garr he put their vote down wrong etc etc.

Now think about the $9000 a month cost of hosting our stuff in a foreign (to Garr) country.  Something tells me there are some legal reasons he did that.  Now realize that 9000 x 12 = $108,000 and is roughly the worth of our ASSETS.  In a year our hosting costs are worth our current asset value...how stupid is that.

With all of this in mind, think...does it really make sense to even try to "fix" or keep running this company?  The answer is emphatically NO.

I really don't know how to spell this out any other way.
vip
Activity: 840
Please explain how you plan to "make it work."  You should be begging for liquidation like everyone else as it's in your best interest.

I agree. Having Garr quit and then hand the hardware out to semi random people all over the place is just asking for trouble. Not what I signed up for.
So......COG isn't being liquidated for the moment, but we still have a lot to clean up. We'll need to sort out a financial report detailing all COG's assets, outstanding CT units that have yet to arrive, as well as a new datacenter that is viable on costs.

We should create a board, and start to move forward on this issue. Other things to be considered are that the reserve fund and equipment purchases need to be managed better. With decent div's and better reinvestment, we'll be able to move forward.
Sigh. Just cant help some people. Cry

Meh, not worth selling shares atm, and not cleaning up the mess is just idiotic. Make it work or wrap it up.

Please explain how you plan to "make it work."  You should be begging for liquidation like everyone else as it's in your best interest.
vip
Well part of the problem with the take over is that these 5 people will need to go to Canada to get the units. That might be a pain in the ass.

Also you should all consult your lawyers before taking over operations of this company. There are already things in motion and unless you think this would be a legal thing to do, I would rally check out if you want to attach your name to this company in the form of management. You might end up being the one holding the legal bag when all the stuff Garr did catches up. In the end he might just blame you guys. Anyway if you are an American I would really really think twice about operating Cognitive in its current form. Clearly I will refuse to take part in a management role.

I do understand why you want to do this however. Garr is never going to give up the units or the mining power. The vote fraud more or less proves this.
Activity: 118
Or garrett could agree and he or havelock could release a shareholder list to a trusted party to tally the votes for us.  Or if he doesn't agree, maybe havelock could do something for us.
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Motion: Remove CEO of Cognitive and replace with interim board of top 5 shareholders until such time that someone else can be appointed as operator and treasurer or multisig wallet can be implemented. 

Sorry Garrett, I like to smell the roses and life is too short to worry about the small stuff and all that, but your management decisions have caused severe dwindling of the trust and value I placed in you for years now.  Cognitive as a company may survive but I don't think it is going to happen on your watch. Once anyone looks through the last few months of pages in this thread, why would anyone be stupid enough to ever invest again unless it was just to bottom feed and sell to a greater fool? You'll never get further funding for more hardware so Cog3 and 4 are toast.  This isn't negativity, it is just calling it like it is. I am not making allegations of theft however ridiculously shady things have looked, but it is clear from my point of view that things have been slipping out of control for you for quite some time. Goat may be somewhat rabid and dramatic but having people do that type of thing as a large shareholder really reflects just as poorly on you as it does him.

Is it possible for shareholders to have enough unity to force Garrett's hand in giving up operator status and having the interim board either liquidate or carry on with better trust-less and transparency-minded solutions guided by the obviously talented individuals who have been contributing time and effort into this company?

We need a voting platform that is held by a third party to keep everything on the up and up or there will be allegations of fraud again. How can we do this?

I have lost big in this , but have have already cut my losses as I knew the risks going in. 

If Havelock made an API call for share ownership I could build a rails app for voting based on the number of shares someone owns in an asset.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
Motion: Remove CEO of Cognitive and replace with interim board of top 5 shareholders until such time that someone else can be appointed as operator and treasurer or multisig wallet can be implemented. 

Sorry Garrett, I like to smell the roses and life is too short to worry about the small stuff and all that, but your management decisions have caused severe dwindling of the trust and value I placed in you for years now.  Cognitive as a company may survive but I don't think it is going to happen on your watch. Once anyone looks through the last few months of pages in this thread, why would anyone be stupid enough to ever invest again unless it was just to bottom feed and sell to a greater fool? You'll never get further funding for more hardware so Cog3 and 4 are toast.  This isn't negativity, it is just calling it like it is. I am not making allegations of theft however ridiculously shady things have looked, but it is clear from my point of view that things have been slipping out of control for you for quite some time. Goat may be somewhat rabid and dramatic but having people do that type of thing as a large shareholder really reflects just as poorly on you as it does him.

Is it possible for shareholders to have enough unity to force Garrett's hand in giving up operator status and having the interim board either liquidate or carry on with better trust-less and transparency-minded solutions guided by the obviously talented individuals who have been contributing time and effort into this company?

We need a voting platform that is held by a third party to keep everything on the up and up or there will be allegations of fraud again. How can we do this?

I have lost big in this , but have have already cut my losses as I knew the risks going in. 

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Robitnik is correct here. Garrett began the motion to cover hosting expenses/liquidate hardware on 3/27/14. As usual, motions last one week, so the motion ended and votes were counted on 4/3/14. When I posted this the night before the last day of voting I mentioned the "current results of the motion", not the final results.

Whether or not liquidating is the best option, shareholders have voted against liquidation. Of course, if Garrett decides that we are much better off liquidating, he will take the necessary steps to do so (raising a motion, finding buyers, etc).

- Samuel

OMG. You turned around the wording of the vote. You've even miscounted my vote and probably the vote of several others.
You have never returned the full result of the first vote (my vote was never in there) and you've mixed all the "wait for delivery until friday" to the "yes, start paying for hosting" camp.
All because you want to drain the fund even more...
[/quote

My vote was also never shown in the first vote and you have misrepresented my vote in the second.

Tafelpoot and elasticband, I am meeting with Garrett today and I will discuss this issue with him.
vip
I hear you, and i would bet thats the kind of discussion Goat and Garr had back in the hotel some weeks ago, but all past and recent performances surely point to the latter option by now. The necessary clean up is solely down to how much 'character' Garr possesses, or is prepared to give, going forward.  

Yes. He pretty much lied to my face about things he was doing and things he would do. He is using that $9,000 to host not only our CT units but his personal collection (something he claims he does not even have). Also he lied about how many of our CT units he had. I can post the tracking numbers if needed.

I pretty much have been working with Garr directly for just about a year as Cognitives largest shareholder (I started dumping recently to make a point). He has kept saying he would do this and that and asked for more money. As some of you know we only got the CT units at the price we did cuz I bought the other half. All the other stuff I helped out failed in one way or the other. I can't prove it but I think he just pocked the money.

I was able to get these CT units to work in my basement and my dad can keep them running with spending 5 mins every other day checking to see if the lights are on. Why can Garr not get them to work in three different locations? Seems highly odd that my dad can do it, and he can not. Also about the warehouse not being ready he told me it was in person and was over skype months ago.

You guys do not know the hours I put into talking about this and trying to get this operation working. Garr clearly has no interest in doing so and is just trying to make me look bad while he steals hashing power and takes money from the operation. He is trying to make it look like I am the one who is destroying Cog when all I have done is give him more and more money. He is the one who is either stealing or just too lazy to turn the boxes on.

Did you know Garr owes CT about $6,000 for shipping? How much more to the data center? How much for shipping all the CT units around? I honestly think Cog does not have much of any wealth left to it at all.

But we could clearly check this with a transparent dividend system and a transparent list of all property and debts. Something Garr has told us all he would do right away.

But what did he do? He is trying to fund a hash fast production line, and he is trying to buy more units from CT. This guy is a non stop scammer and has stolen from me, from my personal hardware he was running (and I never got my hardware back) and also from money I gave him to buy hardware.

I too was at a point for a long time that we need to fix this, clearly that will not happen and this will end in tears.

Yes, clearly Garr is fucking around with the votes and should do it again after he is transparent with what we own. But he is too busy traveling the world making deals with our money.

See most of you have no idea what is going on, and your putting faith in this scammer is just silly.

Notice how the PR guy only came back to talk about the two elections and not about any of the other points? Who cares about the two elections. Why were you not being honest about how many units you had? Why not tell us why they are not running? Why not tell us how much debt we have? Why not tell us how Garr is on some trip around the world "doing something great for Cognitive"?  

All Garr does is come here and claim he is doing great work for Cognitive and that is clearly a lie.

Anyway you guys do what you will in your way, and I will do mine.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
My vote was also never shown in the first vote and you have misrepresented my vote in the second.
Activity: 191
Robitnik is correct here. Garrett began the motion to cover hosting expenses/liquidate hardware on 3/27/14. As usual, motions last one week, so the motion ended and votes were counted on 4/3/14. When I posted this the night before the last day of voting I mentioned the "current results of the motion", not the final results.

Whether or not liquidating is the best option, shareholders have voted against liquidation. Of course, if Garrett decides that we are much better off liquidating, he will take the necessary steps to do so (raising a motion, finding buyers, etc).

- Samuel

OMG. You turned around the wording of the vote. You've even miscounted my vote and probably the vote of several others.
You have never returned the full result of the first vote (my vote was never in there) and you've mixed all the "wait for delivery until friday" to the "yes, start paying for hosting" camp.
All because you want to drain the fund even more...
Activity: 175

For the record: I confirm having received 0.56 BTC from Garr yesterday regarding FIMB repayment, total received so far 40.12 BTC, still 37 BTC left.

My BTC address is 1Bqg9YKE25U1BRCRm3pJiGsiFE5vvgirtB
legendary
Activity: 1554
So......COG isn't being liquidated for the moment, but we still have a lot to clean up. We'll need to sort out a financial report detailing all COG's assets, outstanding CT units that have yet to arrive, as well as a new datacenter that is viable on costs.

We should create a board, and start to move forward on this issue. Other things to be considered are that the reserve fund and equipment purchases need to be managed better. With decent div's and better reinvestment, we'll be able to move forward.
Sigh. Just cant help some people. Cry

Meh, not worth selling shares atm, and not cleaning up the mess is just idiotic. Make it work or wrap it up.
I hear you, and i would bet thats the kind of discussion Goat and Garr had back in the hotel some weeks ago, but all past and recent performances surely point to the latter option by now. The necessary clean up is solely down to how much 'character' Garr possesses, or is prepared to give, going forward.  
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!

legendary
Activity: 1554

Pages:
Jump to: