Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 15. (Read 300490 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
How are you going to recoup the several thousand dollars I have lost?

I am going to do the very best I can to restore Cognitive to a state where it is earning everyone money again and we are all in the positive.
vip
Activity: 840
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2e1ykwo.jpg

As you requested I removed the tracking. Fair enough.

However if you claim this is faked I hold the right, as we agreed to, to forward this e-mail to anyone who asks.

Without tracking I don't see what is relevant. Can you elaborate on what this picture shows?

When Garr was shipped the units from CT. As he did not want the tracking posted that is fine for privacy reasons as long as he does not say that this is fake and he admits the document is correct I will not post the tracking numbers. However if I need to prove that this is not fake I am willing to do so.

Edit: I'm only post this because I guess the document was not understandable with out the context. I really do not want to take part in this thread anymore unless you have direct questions like this to me. I'm pretty much over trying to improve Cog or get Garr to do his job.
Activity: 222
Merit: 100

However if you claim this is faked I hold the right, as we agreed to, to forward this e-mail to anyone who asks.

Without tracking I don't see what is relevant. Can you elaborate on what this picture shows?
vip

It's just universally stupid to dump shares in the middle of a motion and expect those votes that no longer exist to count for some reason.

If you're going to take someone to court then do it, stop being an immature drama queen on the forums. If you want to make a bet then do it and don't complain that it is 20BTC instead of 200BTC. If you are 100% confident in being right then a win is a win.

For all the bashing on Garrett about being all talk and no execution, I can say it has been even more of a nuisance reading Goat's pages upon pages of melodrama that have done nothing but distract from meaningful discussion to get things done.

Thank you investr for your calm approach. I really can't believe someone probably twice my age is half as mature.

I will look back in the Goat drama of the past few minutes and quote then respond to the meaningful posts, I saw a few in there.

I'm hardly calm, just tired of the bullshit. Including yours, Garrett. I don't quite feel like it has sunk in for you that you have lost many people thousands of dollars. If anything, it should be you that's as emotional as Goat is right now. I know I would feel terrible in your position, and do anything I could to rectify it.

So I'll leave the discussion tonight with one open-ended question, since you have not been very good at answering specific ones lately:

How are you going to recoup the several thousand dollars I have lost?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I'm a small investor but I too would like to see an end to this drama (and NOT an end to COG).

I don't understand why we are selling the units for cents in the dollar and issuing a dividend, this whole thing seems bizarre to me.
Yes, the datacenter thing sounds like a bad deal for COG, I personally would like to see the full details of this agreement from Garrett with a breakdown of what it means for those of us non-technically minded.

And that - aside from all the delays, which lets face it we all hate but it happens at EVERY company and especially at those with only one person running the show - looks to me like the only mistake Garr made here (maybe the extra units which were unopened at another datacenter is on him aswell?).

I think a lot of people here need to chill, and especially Goat, I really wish that little princess would leave this thread in peace...
Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

Why is it even an option to liquidate and shut down?

Where is the option for liquidate and switch to a better datacenter+better hardware?

That would only be wise for in hand hardware. Any waiting around would be very costly.
The data center is a big part of the problem but the exchange rate is the killer.

At $270/kWh/month running 1 unit at 1.6 TH/s costs ~ $540. At today's rate, that is 1.2 BTC
At a difficulty of 6 billion (next 2 weeks) and 7.2 billion (the following 2 weeks) that miner will produce 3.44 BTC.
This leaves us with a profit of 2.24 BTC per unit for the next month.

If the exchange rate goes up or we can find cheaper hosting, Cognitive would be in a better position.
In the slightly longer term, reinvestment is going to be the decider (court cases and pissing contests not withstanding).

If we had deployed 30 TH/s on Feb. 18th (when the first CT machines arrived), over the course of three months we would have paid an average weekly dividend of 1.3 mBTC per share and had over 200 BTC available for reinvestment. Now we only have ~20 TH/s with ~10 TH/s waiting for delivery. Recovering from Cognitive's current position is going to be tricky.

Thanks for your maths here. I know Cognitive can pull out of this and I will push for the remainder of the units to ship out tomorrow and next week.

Also your calm approach is appreciated. I wish everyone could be rational and discuss things in such a matter.

Best,
Garrett
i just want to confirm one thing,get the machines hashing asap. and i think CT should ship us additional machines due to their delay. hope all of us can get out of this mass. i invest 10B into this ,i do not want to lost everything.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
A detailed expense report will be given for these expenses before payment is spent.

Will it also be accompanied by the financial reports you promised last year?
legendary
What's a GPU?
And Goat: Still waiting on you to accept my bet for BTC25. I really could use that kind of money!

Thanks,
Garrett

Edit: I did advise him to go on a run to release stress; hopefully he did and will come back with a rational and mature attitude.

I'm going to go off the forum now and try to actually make progress with Cognitive.

Todo list for the evening:
-Pay dividends
-Gather receipts for hosting expenses ever since I started paying for them out of pocket
-Arrange shipping of our remaining TerraMiners
-And finally, enjoy the view. Life is a beautiful thing that I think we all should take some time to appreciate Smiley
legendary
What's a GPU?

Why is it even an option to liquidate and shut down?

Where is the option for liquidate and switch to a better datacenter+better hardware?

That would only be wise for in hand hardware. Any waiting around would be very costly.
The data center is a big part of the problem but the exchange rate is the killer.

At $270/kWh/month running 1 unit at 1.6 TH/s costs ~ $540. At today's rate, that is 1.2 BTC
At a difficulty of 6 billion (next 2 weeks) and 7.2 billion (the following 2 weeks) that miner will produce 3.44 BTC.
This leaves us with a profit of 2.24 BTC per unit for the next month.

If the exchange rate goes up or we can find cheaper hosting, Cognitive would be in a better position.
In the slightly longer term, reinvestment is going to be the decider (court cases and pissing contests not withstanding).

If we had deployed 30 TH/s on Feb. 18th (when the first CT machines arrived), over the course of three months we would have paid an average weekly dividend of 1.3 mBTC per share and had over 200 BTC available for reinvestment. Now we only have ~20 TH/s with ~10 TH/s waiting for delivery. Recovering from Cognitive's current position is going to be tricky.

Thanks for your maths here. I know Cognitive can pull out of this and I will push for the remainder of the units to ship out tomorrow and next week.

Also your calm approach is appreciated. I wish everyone could be rational and discuss things in such a matter.

Best,
Garrett
legendary
What's a GPU?
It's just universally stupid to dump shares in the middle of a motion and expect those votes that no longer exist to count for some reason.

If you're going to take someone to court then do it, stop being an immature drama queen on the forums. If you want to make a bet then do it and don't complain that it is 20BTC instead of 200BTC. If you are 100% confident in being right then a win is a win.

For all the bashing on Garrett about being all talk and no execution, I can say it has been even more of a nuisance reading Goat's pages upon pages of melodrama that have done nothing but distract from meaningful discussion to get things done.

Thank you investr for your calm approach. I really can't believe someone probably twice my age is half as mature.

I will look back in the Goat drama of the past few minutes and quote then respond to the meaningful posts, I saw a few in there.

legendary
What's a GPU?
We know you have more than that. Get a decent amount and we can do this. You just pretending to have fuck all is not going to work.

Anyway you with out a doubt forced my hand on this legal shit I was trying to work out. Funny how it started as a bluff to get you to focus on your job but now you will odds are end up in jail.

Edit: The bet is on semantics and I know why you wont put up the money. But your reaction and what you said about me in the PM pretty much just ended all this "working things out".  You will hear from my lawyers soon.

Edit 2: And unless you come up with some decent BTC to bet I'm done in this thread. And done with PMs.

Goat, I do not have what you call "decent" BTC. I have what is in my 1Garr255 address and a few change wallets...

I will be happy to put the title to my car in escrow for the bet, and a few thousand dollars. That literally constitutes the large majority of my assets.

Do not use me not having enough BTC as an excuse for you to back out. That is just unfair and you know exactly what you're doing.
vip
We know you have more than that. Get a decent amount and we can do this. You just pretending to have fuck all is not going to work.

Anyway you with out a doubt forced my hand on this legal shit I was trying to work out. Funny how it started as a bluff to get you to focus on your job but now you will odds are end up in jail.

Edit: The bet is on semantics and I know why you wont put up the money. But your reaction and what you said about me in the PM pretty much just ended all this "working things out".  You will hear from my lawyers soon.

Edit 2: And unless you come up with some decent BTC to bet I'm done in this thread. And done with PMs.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Fuck you. You are now my priority in life. I will spend whatever I need to get justice.

I'm still open to resolving things peacefully. I know you regret this shitshow you just posted on the forum, I think you're a highly emotionally driven person so maybe you should go on a run or something then come back and talk? That always works for me when I'm stressed.

Also, just as I wrote you in my PM earlier today, I'm a believer that there are much more important and significant things in life than shares in a company and money. What truly matters is enjoying life, and I sincerely hope that you will realize this someday and have a more positive outlook on everything. The time we (humans) have here is typically less than 100 years, which in the grand scheme of things is nothing. I've recently made the choice to value every second of it until the day I die. What we have really is precious.

Sorry for getting all sappy, maybe I should get out of bitcoin mining and become a full time philosopher...
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
It has to do with counting votes. You actively traded ownership of shares in the middle of a motion.

Ya that didn't work out well for goat.  I probably bought some of his shares and now I have ownership of them and they where counted in my vote.
legendary
What's a GPU?
20 is nothing.

Let us at least do 200 BTC so I can get back my losses.

When I voted I had well over 225 shares and I can prove it.

At least 100 BTC...

Goat, the votes are calculated based on how many shares you have at the end of the motion. That is how it has always been and you damn well know it, and it was just verified by other shareholders in posts prior to this.

Goat, please stop trying to stir things up and cause stress and commotion. It is my belief that this operation would be much more successful without you involved. The holdings in my 1Garr2555P4oiAaLQqXkcdAKGg4SMt3RZS address constitute the majority of the bitcoins I own personally. I do not have BTC200 to bet you but I will happily increase my bet to BTC25 which is most of my bitcoin.

Let's do this I could really use BTC25!
He already did. You refuse to call the bet.
It has to do with counting votes. You actively traded ownership of shares in the middle of a motion.
You should have held on to your shares until the motion closed.
Pages:
Jump to: