Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 154. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Yes, yesterday there was a purchase of 1200 shares.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
I'm curious who owns the most shares, I assume someone owns 1000+?
legendary
What's a GPU?
Garr, got the dividend. thank you very much. what's your plan next?

Maybe it's time for you to get every reporting feature up on the http://www.cognitivemining.com/.

you said that the 1Ghash/s mining rigs is now mining for Cognitive. When did it started and how many bitcoins mined since then? The transparency will increase the shareholder value because we can sleep better if we can take a look at our company before going to bed Wink

That 1btc was a part of the weekly earning for that miner. I expect between .5 and 1btc more for this week.

I updated the site http://cognitivemining.com/. It now shows all the items that are owned and that will be owned by the company. I am looking into ways to display the hashrate and market trading data there now.

Thanks for the update, Nefario.

-Garrett

Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
I heartily recommend waiting for 2.0, and holding a vote (you can try out the new voting system) on the issue of raising more funds by selling more shares.

What I would recommend is to maximise the return, start focusing on profits and dividends, you do this and the share price will take care of itself.

News on GLBSE2.0, the primary testing has finished, all the bugs have been worked out. I've gotten a dedicated server (paid for the next year Cheesy ) and have been setting the system up.

In terms of coding the only thing that needs to be added is deposits and withdrawals.

I'll set up and re-test the new GLBSE2.0 server and setup, we might be opening our doors as early as the end of tomorrow.

This is an exciting time.

Nefario.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Yes, well hopefully we can get the minimum sell price up above 1BTC! Let's assume it does get there; then what would your opinion be?

I'm going to pay out a 1btc dividend as a test right now, and as a partial compensation of some sort for not instantly having the hardware Tongue

Garr, got the dividend. thank you very much. what's your plan next?

Maybe it's time for you to get every reporting feature up on the http://www.cognitivemining.com/.

you said that the 1Ghash/s mining rigs is now mining for Cognitive. When did it started and how many bitcoins mined since then? The transparency will increase the shareholder value because we can sleep better if we can take a look at our company before going to bed Wink
legendary
What's a GPU?
I +1 all above comments. Looking forward to GLBSE 2.0!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
My suggestion is that we start to operating the FPGA mining cluster for 1 or 2 month first before we issuing new shares. I'm worrying about the LargeCoin's new mining weapons. We will see if it's the right time to issue new shares to purchase one  ASIC.

If we're issuing new share, I guess we can wait until Neferio have developed the "rights issue" feature. He said to me that it is one of the priority of the GLBSE.

The rights issue will let the existing shareholders have the priority to purchase the new shares issued by the company.  If the existing shareholder have this option, we can still issue shares based on the book value of the company, which will be lower than the market price. In this way, the existing shareholders will purchase the share aggressively. the rights issue price is based on the book value of the company, so the existing shareholders will have the option to reinvest their dividend to the company at a very low price.

+1

Quote from: Garr255
I'm going to pay out a 1btc dividend as a test right now, and as a partial compensation of some sort for not instantly having the hardware Tongue

Got it.
donator
Yes, well hopefully we can get the minimum sell price up above 1BTC! Let's assume it does get there; then what would your opinion be?

Issuing more shares will dilute the current shareholder's value. 

My personal opinion is to get everything running first.  Release the dividends for at least a month.  After that see if there is any extra money after paying for electricity with the 500 shares and have the company start buying back shares or save it up and grow the company.

This is where keeping good records and accounts of the value of the company is important.  With all those cards you have now and the cash keep track of what is the company worth per share.

+1.

I strongly suggest that the company will let the existing shareholders purchase new share at the book value of the company, and then the shares that the existing shareholders give up to purchase will be sold at the market value which will not be lower than the book value of the company.

The rights issue feature is under the development of Nefario.
donator
My suggestion is that we start to operating the FPGA mining cluster for 1 or 2 month first before we issuing new shares. I'm worrying about the LargeCoin's new mining weapons. We will see if it's the right time to issue new shares to purchase one  ASIC.

If we're issuing new share, I guess we can wait until Neferio have developed the "rights issue" feature. He said to me that it is one of the priority of the GLBSE.

The rights issue will let the existing shareholders have the priority to purchase the new shares issued by the company.  If the existing shareholder have this option, we can still issue shares based on the book value of the company, which will be lower than the market price. In this way, the existing shareholders will purchase the share aggressively. the rights issue price is based on the book value of the company, so the existing shareholders will have the option to reinvest their dividend to the company at a very low price.

Sure, as the CEO you want the share price to go up, but you also want to evaluate the value of your company.  Issuing more shares will dilute the current shareholder's value.  Also, lets say the lowest bid is 1.00 for the company so you release 1000 shares at that price.  The current shareholders would have no problem putting sell orders less than your 1.00 ask.

My personal opinion is to get everything running first.  Release the dividends for at least a month.  After that see if there is any extra money after paying for electricity with the 500 shares and have the company start buying back shares or save it up and grow the company.

This is where keeping good records and accounts of the value of the company is important.  With all those cards you have now and the cash keep track of what is the company worth per share.
legendary
What's a GPU?

That actually happened to me too, so I just bought one at 1BTC. So now I have my contractually granted 500 and five more Tongue

The IPO sold out much faster than I had expected. Thanks to all investors!

I know this is quite early to consider this, but in the future how would everyone feel about another 1000 shares being released, but at 1BTC each? This would give us about 2.5gh/s more. I just wanted to throw that out there.

-Garrett

The problem you will face is that many of the original shareholders would place sell orders of their shares for 1.00 or lower as well.  I doubt you would sell any additional shares for 1.00 if someone could get a lower price. Now the real fun begins as your job is to increase your shareholders value.  Smiley

Just taking a look the order book, the lowest ask is now 0.78.

Quick edit:
My suggestion is to first get the rigs up and running and return some dividends as that is what will give value to the shares.  After that if you still feel you want to issue more shares then you should evaluate the true value of the company and issue the shares based on that value.  You don't want to undercut your current shareholders or overprice the company to new shareholders.
legendary
What's a GPU?
That actually happened to me too, so I just bought one at 1BTC. So now I have my contractually granted 500 and five more Tongue

The IPO sold out much faster than I had expected. Thanks to all investors!

Also, we'll be needing some USB hubs. WTB thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-powered-usb-hubs-73707

I know this is quite early to consider this, but in the future how would everyone feel about another 1000 shares being released, but at 1BTC each? This would give us about 2.5gh/s more. I just wanted to throw that out there.

-Garrett
argh. I was waiting on GLBSE to verify the BTC I sent in and by the time they actually showed up the IPO shares were gone. I was going to buy 50, but not at the rate of 1.25.

GL with this

I am sure the spread will go down.  There is already a few listings at 1.00
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
argh. I was waiting on GLBSE to verify the BTC I sent in and by the time they actually showed up the IPO shares were gone. I was going to buy 50, but not at the rate of 1.25.

GL with this
Were all the shares sold or did you raise the share price?  There is about 2847 for 1.25 BTC.

Someone bought them and put them in again at 1.25 BTC.

Nice!  Looks like someone sees value in the company.
Activity: 504
FPGA Mining LLC
Were all the shares sold or did you raise the share price?  There is about 2847 for 1.25 BTC.

Someone bought them and put them in again at 1.25 BTC.
I just got all the fans and USB cables. A picture is up on http://cognitivemining.com/gallery.html Tongue
Also, we now have enough capital to buy six or seven more boards!

-Garrett

legendary
What's a GPU?
I just got all the fans and USB cables. A picture is up on http://cognitivemining.com/gallery.html Tongue
Also, we now have enough capital to buy six or seven more boards!

-Garrett
legendary
What's a GPU?
Jump to: