Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 153. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
On another note, I believe we have everything we need purchased, now it's just the waiting game! We have about 27BTC of extra funds. What does everyone propose we do with this?
legendary
What's a GPU?
I'm going to pay another 1BTC test dividend in the next few minutes, this will be the first on GLBSE 2.0

Edit: Dividend paid.

Also, Nefario, the linkedin verification should have a check. Not really important, just the big red X caught my eye.
legendary
What's a GPU?
I just purchased them and the changes are reflected on the site.
Remaining funds: 27.28

Edit: I just added links to all the items we have.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Thanks!
I'm probably going to house them on top of my server box, which is currently in my room getting Ubuntu installed.
I plan to post tons of pictures, and a live video feed of the unboxing and setup.

Edit: I just updated the on site inventory.

It has been recommended by fizzisist that we purchase two of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033

Yes, electricity backup is a high priority as much as secure storage of any current bitcoin assets the company holds.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Thanks!
I'm probably going to house them on top of my server box, which is currently in my room getting Ubuntu installed.
I plan to post tons of pictures, and a live video feed of the unboxing and setup.

Edit: I just updated the on site inventory.

It has been recommended by fizzisist that we purchase two of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033
legendary
What's a GPU?
Just confirming, yes. 2" standoffs would be optimal.
Activity: 504
FPGA Mining LLC
Are all the boards being received the rev 3 version?  Just checking for which size screw standoff I should send you.

AFAIK yes. Rev2 has been sold out since quite a while now.
donator
Activity: 490
Are all the boards being received the rev 3 version?  Just checking for which size screw standoff I should send you.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Twelve more boards have been paid for. I am going to purchase five more fans (larger heatsinks on the rev3 boards means we need 2" spacers), two USB hubs, and four molex splitters right now.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
Yes, yesterday there was a purchase of 1200 shares.

Your mining farm is quite promising. Too bad we failed to catch the last bus of the
Cognitive IPO. Sad

If the company is a good company with a integrity manager and promising future, you should not stop buy it only because the price doubled. based on my calculation, Cognitive is still one of the mining shares which has great investment value on the GLBSE, compared to lots of mining company.

You are right. We will continue studying Cognitive (as well as mining with existing FPGA chips in general) to decide whether to hold some of it now or wait for the next round of its IPO. Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
Actually no, I've only brought the system down less than an hour ago, what you were seeing was the database lock that GLBSE 1.0 has been so dogged by. Soon no more.

We've got a nice beefy server, so it's going to run fast.

Nefario.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
What is the ETA for the boards?

Six will arrive and be hashing the first week of April. The rest will be paid for and shipped out after that.

do you have a history of dividend paid on your site ?

No, but that is a good thing to have. You can now view the dividend history on the site.

suggestion
Bitcoin mined to be reported instantly on the website. just like BTCSYN

I like that idea very much.

Thanks for taking the initiative to make that spreadsheet, it will be beneficial to the company.

The video will be one of many things to help increase transparency.

Edit: Also, GLBSE is giving me problems right now. It won't show me my balance or asset history etc. Instead it just shows "Retrieving" and "Refreshing".

glbse is broken right now.

nefario said he's upgrading, but its been alamost a full day now

legendary
What's a GPU?

Six will arrive and be hashing the first week of April. The rest will be paid for and shipped out after that.

No, but that is a good thing to have. You can now view the dividend history on the site.

suggestion

I like that idea very much.

Thanks for taking the initiative to make that spreadsheet, it will be beneficial to the company.

The video will be one of many things to help increase transparency.

Edit: Also, GLBSE is giving me problems right now. It won't show me my balance or asset history etc. Instead it just shows "Retrieving" and "Refreshing".

donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Garr,

1. you paid 1 BTC dividend after the IPO completed. I guess this dividend is very special so maybe I'd like to ask you clarify that whether the Growth Contribution arrangement apply to this dividend. if apples, the  remaining fund should be 0.05 more than it is now on the page; if not is still fine. we can start next time.

I will bring up the accounting book tomorrow, and made it editable to you. I guess this company is the only one on GLBSE that is with serious financial accounting report system.

2. BTCSYN does a good job on the transparency. Since we will publish the video of setup, we can do better job than BTCSYN.

what we have now:
asset list

what we planned to do:
display the hashrate and market trading data. (share price or bitcoin exchange? excellent!)
wekekly earnings, and total value of all hardware.

suggestion

@ btctrader22

Cognitive has already paid out 1 btc dividend today. After I set up the accouting google spreadsheet for this company, you will be able to find a full history of dividend easily.

donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

Your mining farm is quite promising. Too bad we failed to catch the last bus of the
Cognitive IPO. Sad

If the company is a good company with a integrity manager and promising future, you should not stop buy it only because the price doubled. based on my calculation, Cognitive is still one of the mining shares which has great investment value on the GLBSE, compared to lots of mining company.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

Activity: 504
FPGA Mining LLC
I updated the site http://cognitivemining.com/. It now shows all the items that are owned and that will be owned by the company. I am looking into ways to display the hashrate and market trading data there now.

Once you mine with actual FPGA boards, you can access MPBM's realtime statistics API, and probably wrap something around it to generate some graphs. Contact me for details.
Activity: 532
legendary
What's a GPU?
For those of you who missed out on this IPO: I might start a similar contract in the future, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself. This one will be the main focus for a while, just keep your eyes open!
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

Cognitive IPO. Sad
Jump to: