Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 32. (Read 136139 times)

Activity: 486
Merit: 500
Is the owners of bitcoinica and everyone involved made public, im sure if the police are not involved people would like know where they live...
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
Some people have lost money here.
Yes and you are not the only one or an arbiter of what action should be taken.
Never did I claim that I was. If you are here to ask questions, that is completely reasonable. But please, do not be blunt enough to refuse changing your standpoint.

I would like to ask you: does there exist an answer to those questions that will actually change your mind? If there isn't, why do you ask them?
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Will you cut it out?
No I will not, as is my right.
Some people have lost money here.
Yes and you are not the only one or an arbiter of what action should be taken.
We can deal with the "whodidit" thing later.
Getting full compensation requires the persual and capture of the theif. These theives must be chased down and battered so that others know not to copy them.
This isn't helping anything.
I reject this assertion and refer you to the above.

I want my questions answered by Zhou, despite having to repeat them.

I also want these questions answered:
The funds were sent to the Bitcoin address as requested: http://blockchain.info/address/1FqqBZnemCrcCDbz57Nk7LHLCN42hCHXEV.

Thank you Zhou for your cooperation.

I was asked by some of the creditors and interest holders in Bitcoinica, LP to broker this transaction. Steps are being taken to safely transfer the funds to Bitcoinica, LP so they may be distributed in a fair and expeditious manner to claimants.

Thank you,
Patrick Murck
Principal | Engage Legal PLLC
1. Does this 15k not represent stolen goods?
2. If so, what gives you the legal right to receive and possess them with an intent to further pass them on?
3. If this 15k does not represent stolen goods (and why?), is this to be considered a payment from Zhou to Bitcoinica?
4. If so, what are the terms of payment and for what is it in exchange?

Its healthy to see some legal entity involved, but we need to know your exact involvement, purpose, terms and authority on which you are operating. Please could you also provide your registered offices and contact details.

BB.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I want my bitcoin back and also want compensation for taking more than 60 Days to get it back...

Yes, well, good luck with that.   Sounds like they're just handing over this new cash to the Bitcoinica guys who haven't exactly had a great track record of handing funds back so far.   No reason to think that's about to change suddenly.   It's just more money for them to accidentally flush down the toilet.
Activity: 486
I want my bitcoin back and also want compensation for taking more than 60 Days to get it back...
Hopefully this latest theft will have reached a high enough level for some painfully expensive education.

If not, I look forward to reading the details of the next massive security breach/theft/loss of wallet file!

Agreed.  This is a very complacent community so far.   I'd like to see that change (and it'll need to if we ever want to take this currency anywhere outside of here).
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Hopefully this latest theft will have reached a high enough level for some painfully expensive education.

If not, I look forward to reading the details of the next massive security breach/theft/loss of wallet file!
The main outcome here is for everyone to get their money back. Finger pointing can come afterwards.

We'll see.  Hopefully you're right.
Activity: 686
Wat
The main outcome here is for everyone to get their money back. Finger pointing can come afterwards.

Justice is getting the money back, and extra at this point.

I respectfully disagree.  Not exactly sending the right message is it.    "Hey hackers, these jokers at the bitcointalk forum are pushovers!  Hack the shit out them (several times), but as long as you concoct some barely feasible story and hand back a portion of what you took, you get to keep the rest with no consequences!"

Yeah, awesome.
legendary
Merit: 1016
Strength in numbers
Zhou,  
Since the Intersango team is actively blocking the recovery process,  can we convince you to take care of the claims process as you originally offered?

Hey fox, can you watch these chickens for me? Thanks!

This as I see it is part of the problem.   People just want their money back, and it seems at this point really don't care about "justice" or whatever.    Memorydealers have a lot of money on the line here so I can understand why they don't want to rock the boat and will just swallow whatever story means they get their cash back the soonest.

It's a shame, but I can't really blame them.    I just hope that when phantom Chen pays everyone back (only partly it seems, what a stingey thieving millionaire he is), people will then actually start caring about the main issue here, which is someone stole hundreds of thousands of dollars and shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Someone get the police involved already, sheesh Roll Eyes

Justice is getting the money back, and extra at this point.

When police and courts get involved even getting a proper judgement isn't likely and then collecting is far from automatic anyway, and that's when dealing in currency invented and sponsored by the government.

And from a future heist protection standpoint if the people who keep the money can use it to hide themselves and the people who return it end up in jail you can guess how it's usually going to go down.

Zhou,  
Since the Intersango team is actively blocking the recovery process,  can we convince you to take care of the claims process as you originally offered?

This as I see it is part of the problem.   People just want their money back, and it seems at this point really don't care about "justice" or whatever.    Memorydealers have a lot of money on the line here so I can understand why they don't want to rock the boat and will just swallow whatever story means they get their cash back the soonest.

It's a shame, but I can't really blame them.    I just hope that when phantom Chen pays everyone back (only partly it seems, what a stingey thieving millionaire he is), people will then actually start caring about the main issue here, which is someone stole hundreds of thousands of dollars and shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Will you cut it out? Some people have lost money here. We can deal with the "whodidit" thing later. This isn't helping anything.

Perfect timing Dree.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
legendary
Even though as a community we can determine Chen Jianhai to be the hacker,
No we cannot. You have provided no evidence of this person's existence at all, let alone their actions/implication in this theft. I invite you to do so now.

he hasn't been proven guilty legally yet. That will only happen when he faces a criminal charge.
He hasn't been proven to exist or guilty in any way either. You have invented this person to deflect blame from yourself. Again, I invite you to prove me wrong.

So intuitively I feel that the more the community criticizes me, the more I deserve to actually take possession of the funds and run away (because they penalized me like I did steal the funds, and I didn't).
This is a pathetic attempt of blackmail and to silence your critics without justification, with the retained promise of refund.

I believe so. He handled this matter very professionally and I'm going to continue recovering the fiat money from the hackers.
Well what a wonderful white knight you are. Please, tell me how you, a 14/15/16/17 year old:
1. Were able to gain audience with a prolific and dangerous criminal.
2. Prove his guilt and gain a confession.
3. Strip him of his latest theft.
4. Gain permission to publish his name and incriminate him publicly.
5. Still be able to walk.

I'm just going to comment here to say "Yes, this really is our attorney at BitInstant, and he is a trustworthy guy".... any creditors should feel free to call up his firm at Engage Legal if they have any concerns.
Please provide contact details for this firm and the specific people involved. Also please tell us how much of the recovered funds will be used to pay for whatever legal services have been contrahttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Texas_FM_2062.svg/384px-Texas_FM_2062.svg.pngcted.

BB.
Will you cut it out? Some people have lost money here. We can deal with the "whodidit" thing later. This isn't helping anything.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Even though as a community we can determine Chen Jianhai to be the hacker,
No we cannot. You have provided no evidence of this person's existence at all, let alone their actions/implication in this theft. I invite you to do so now.

he hasn't been proven guilty legally yet. That will only happen when he faces a criminal charge.
He hasn't been proven to exist or guilty in any way either. You have invented this person to deflect blame from yourself. Again, I invite you to prove me wrong.

So intuitively I feel that the more the community criticizes me, the more I deserve to actually take possession of the funds and run away (because they penalized me like I did steal the funds, and I didn't).
This is a pathetic attempt of blackmail and to silence your critics without justification, with the retained promise of refund.

I believe so. He handled this matter very professionally and I'm going to continue recovering the fiat money from the hackers.
Well what a wonderful white knight you are. Please, tell me how you, a 14/15/16/17 year old:
1. Were able to gain audience with a prolific and dangerous criminal.
2. Prove his guilt and gain a confession.
3. Strip him of his latest theft.
4. Gain permission to publish his name and incriminate him publicly.
5. Still be able to walk.

I'm just going to comment here to say "Yes, this really is our attorney at BitInstant, and he is a trustworthy guy".... any creditors should feel free to call up his firm at Engage Legal if they have any concerns.
Please provide contact details for this firm and the specific people involved. Also please tell us how much of the recovered funds will be used to pay for whatever legal services have been contracted.

BB.
Zhou,  

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Do you know the current state of the funds frozen at aurumxchange?

Bitcoinica MtGox account is also frozen. Knowing the amount of USD/BTC in limbo there would also be useful.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Zhou,  

vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

Zhou,  

You can calculate everything,  and submit the information to Tihan / Patrick Murck for verification and actual payout.
legendary
I have sent 15,000 BTC to an address provided by Patrick Murck.

He or one of his clients will later confirm the receipt of the funds and also the escrow/representation relationship.

The funds were sent to the Bitcoin address as requested: http://blockchain.info/address/1FqqBZnemCrcCDbz57Nk7LHLCN42hCHXEV.

Thank you Zhou for your cooperation.

I was asked by some of the creditors and interest holders in Bitcoinica, LP to broker this transaction. Steps are being taken to safely transfer the funds to Bitcoinica, LP so they may be distributed in a fair and expeditious manner to claimants.

Thank you,
Patrick Murck
Principal | Engage Legal PLLC

I'm just going to comment here to say "Yes, this really is our attorney at BitInstant, and he is a trustworthy guy".

Either Patrick, myself or Charlie will post here in public once the funds have been turned over to the appropriate entity, but for now they are in safe hands with a licensed attorney (Patrick) and any creditors should feel free to call up his firm at Engage Legal if they have any concerns.

Do you know the current state of the funds frozen at aurumxchange?
Pages:
Jump to: