Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 27. (Read 136139 times)

Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep

Thank you for that link. I filed a complaint on Bitcoinica LP's business practices @ FSPR Compliance <[email protected]>.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
It's unlikely that there's going to be an issue regarding him receiving or holding the funds in trust.  Where an issue potentially arises is the transferring of the funds to someone else and I'm sure that Patrick's going to do everything possible to protect himself from any potential liability in that respect.

As an interesting side note, if a NZ entity becomes insolvent and a creditor helps secure assets or uncover hidden ones, the creditor's costs associated with securing those assets become a preferential debt.

Patrick is probably getting paid for "helping" us, and each time he comes to the forum to answer questions, he bills for his time.  He'll take his fees out of the balance the users get.

It's a trivial matter to ask those who've retained him in this matter whether they intend to absorb the cost of his fees relating to this issue.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
It's unlikely that there's going to be an issue regarding him receiving or holding the funds in trust.  Where an issue potentially arises is the transferring of the funds to someone else and I'm sure that Patrick's going to do everything possible to protect himself from any potential liability in that respect.

As an interesting side note, if a NZ entity becomes insolvent and a creditor helps secure assets or uncover hidden ones, the creditor's costs associated with securing those assets become a preferential debt.

Patrick is probably getting paid for "helping" us, and each time he comes to the forum to answer questions, he bills for his time.  He'll take his fees out of the balance the users get.

Can a lawyer do that when located in a state where he doesn't practice law?

~Bruno~
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Sorry, I still don't get under what authority is Patrick Murck allowed to receive, possess and transfer stolen goods? There must be some sort of judicial process which results in the granting of a warrant to do so? Please Patrick Murck, lets have all the facts and proof.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Does Patrick A Murck have a twin brother named William who also practices law at the same DC address? That would be so nifty is he does.

~Bruno~
Vod
legendary
Apparently there are quite a few guys, like mlawrence, out there, that would love to see the pay back fail. One should really start to wonder why that is...

That's nonsense, but wonder away if you wish!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Well, I think you confuse something here. The consultancy kept our funds for a few months, doing basically nothing. Then ZT stepped up and refunded some 5kBTC. Now within days he made more funds available. In my point of view, ZT is the only one that does actually pay back something. If some BitBuster was repaid from this consultancy - fine, however, for all of us still waiting, ZT seems the only one that does not hide behind some delay tactics. Hell, I think, ZT should, if he can, hack the current account of this lame consultancy, so that the funds can be repaid.

I think it is you who are confused.  Ryan Zhou was the one that "hacked" into the site in the first place, stole the coins and destroyed the database.  It is because the database was destroyed that they are having a hard time paying people back.  ZT can't be praised for anything, because he alone willfully caused this mess.

But there is zero evidence, and quite a bit of evidence in the contrary, that Zhou was involved in the Rackspace hack. What makes you believe that?

Apparently there are quite a few guys, like mlawrence, out there, that would love to see the pay back fail. One should really start to wonder why that is...
Activity: 196
Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician
From the comic book series:
周侗传奇 – "The Legend of Zhou Tong"

An unreleased/unknown volume was recently discovered:
Volume 11 剿杀盜周侗 - "Killing the Thief of Circular Stupidity"

Activity: 530
Rackspace?   I thought it was Linode?

~

Linode, March, 40K BTC
Rackspace, May, 18K BTC + loss of database
MtGox, July, 40K BTC + $40K

I'm sure the list is not complete.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
Perhaps it is not proper thread, but since all are active here .... I have an idea. How to do that would not have to pay the scammers? (fake claim) To reduce the unreasonable claim funds.

Just ask them to rewrite all those who have already filled in the form of claims. (Fill out the form again.) I know it sounds silly, but believe me, it will have a very strong effect. Up to 70% of fake claims will be rejected as demanding "initial data inconsistency"

it's broken...

https://claims.bitcoinica.com/
That's it! That is why I am writing on it!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Well, I think you confuse something here. The consultancy kept our funds for a few months, doing basically nothing. Then ZT stepped up and refunded some 5kBTC. Now within days he made more funds available. In my point of view, ZT is the only one that does actually pay back something. If some BitBuster was repaid from this consultancy - fine, however, for all of us still waiting, ZT seems the only one that does not hide behind some delay tactics. Hell, I think, ZT should, if he can, hack the current account of this lame consultancy, so that the funds can be repaid.

I think it is you who are confused.  Ryan Zhou was the one that "hacked" into the site in the first place, stole the coins and destroyed the database.  It is because the database was destroyed that they are having a hard time paying people back.  ZT can't be praised for anything, because he alone willfully caused this mess.
There is some evidence that Zhou stole the Mt. Gox funds. I will not deny that.

But there is zero evidence, and quite a bit of evidence in the contrary, that Zhou was involved in the Rackspace hack. What makes you believe that?

Rackspace?   I thought it was Linode?
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

There is some evidence that Zhou stole the Mt. Gox funds. I will not deny that.

Vod
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
Perhaps it is not proper thread, but since all are active here .... I have an idea. How to do that would not have to pay the scammers? (fake claim) To reduce the unreasonable claim funds.

Just ask them to rewrite all those who have already filled in the form of claims. (Fill out the form again.) I know it sounds silly, but believe me, it will have a very strong effect. Up to 70% of fake claims will be rejected as demanding "initial data inconsistency"

it's broken...

https://claims.bitcoinica.com/
Activity: 616
Merit: 502

aq
Activity: 238
Is this yet another delaying tactic by Zhou or a means of keeping the dogs at bay ("dont kill me now, I can get the rest of the money")?
Activity: 574
It's clear aurumxchange likely isn't. If an investigation is actually because of money laundering, it should never have been posted publicly.

And you know that for a fact? Did you even read Dominican AML law?
Pages:
Jump to: