Pages:
Author

Topic: SteamBits.com - Buy Video Games with Bitcoins! Sale: GRID 2!! - page 4. (Read 23321 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I am thinking of competing with this guy... or taking over his existing customer base by fixing problems he is having...
Can you guys elaborate on where his flaws are with the site and process? What do you like or dislike?

I've been with Steam since BETA in 2004 (when cs 1.3 went to 1.4 and steam was a MUST HAVE...)

I would like to bring in more opportunities other than bitcoin transactions- litecoin, primecoin, etc.

In addition, I would need to code/develop a system for it- and make sure profit margins are going to work.

What is the benefit of you paying in BTC with STEAMBITS.com vs buying them DIRECTLY from steam???  As customers, you should know the answer
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
It's been over 24hrs since I bought mists of panderia - world of warcraft.  No response to emails, nothing.  I wish at least they would give you some kind of confirmation or let you look up your purchase to see the status.  I just feel like I'm flapping in the breeze here...

Over 48 hours and nothing Sad

Maybe try contacting them again. This looked like a good website but seems to be having a lot of trouble lately.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
It's been over 24hrs since I bought mists of panderia - world of warcraft.  No response to emails, nothing.  I wish at least they would give you some kind of confirmation or let you look up your purchase to see the status.  I just feel like I'm flapping in the breeze here...

Over 48 hours and nothing Sad
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Ordered SC2:HoTS yesterday morning. 36 hours later and still no code, and no responses from support to my two emails. Will update if they come through.

Disappointing, but in retrospect I should have at least done minimal research before ordering (like checking this forum thread).

Edit: Sunday afternoon they finally came through

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Greetings,
I would like to request Batman: Arkham Origins added to the catalogue of available for purchase games, non-RU&CIS version preferably. Thanks in advance!
Activity: 20
Ordered SC2:HoTS yesterday morning. 36 hours later and still no code, and no responses from support to my two emails. Will update if they come through.

Disappointing, but in retrospect I should have at least done minimal research before ordering (like checking this forum thread).

Edit: Sunday afternoon they finally came through
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
I don't think the website is actually being maintained anymore. It's been like it for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up, this should be fixed!

Great news! Thanks.
Activity: 52
I don't think the website is actually being maintained anymore. It's been like it for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up, this should be fixed!
staff
Seems like it stopped updating the BTC\USD ratio for some reason. The price links to MtGOX. Hopefully, Ryan will get it fixed soon.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009
SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL
I don't know if orders are still being processed here but the website seems to be working.

However, bitcoin price is wayyyy off. Gox 175$, their site 123$

I was going to buy something but prices are just insane right now.

Yes +1
I don't know if orders are still being processed here but the website seems to be working.

However, bitcoin price is wayyyy off. Gox 175$, their site 123$

I was going to buy something but prices are just insane right now.
staff
It's sad to see so many people giving negative feedback. This site could of been amazing. Hope the owner comes back active soon.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
English <-> Portuguese translations
Methinks SteamBits is run by one man, so I would give him some more time to accomplish the order. Calling it a scam is a bit too radical.

I did not call it a scam, i asked. Can 1 man at least respond to an email? A simple, I ran out of stock will be a few days goes a long way instead of ignoring.

I think that Ryan is long gone with maintenance of the site.
But he still keeps it running, so no scam, even with delays.
Activity: 686
Methinks SteamBits is run by one man, so I would give him some more time to accomplish the order. Calling it a scam is a bit too radical.

I did not call it a scam, i asked. Can 1 man at least respond to an email? A simple, I ran out of stock will be a few days goes a long way instead of ignoring.
Activity: 686
 Been 3 days since I sent .172 to steambits for dark souls:prepare to die edition and have to receive my codes. I have also sent 2 emails to support and no response. Is this site a scam?
Hi there, I would like to ask. If I ordered a game, how long would I have to wait maximum?

If I were you I wouldn't wait. Just send them an email and ask the guys how's it going  Wink
staff
Hi there, I would like to ask. If I ordered a game, how long would I have to wait maximum?
I used the service to buy The Elder Scrolls 4 Skyrim: Legendary Edition. It took them 1 hour and 7 minutes to complete the order (starting with me initiating the transaction and finishing with them sending the letter with a game code on Steam). Very impressive!

Crypto4games on the other hand claims immediate key delivery but it's been 6 hours and I am yet to receive an email from them. I had no luck communicating via Skype as well.

Looks like 'your mileage may vary' case to me.
Pages:
Jump to: