Pages:
Author

Topic: SteamBits.com - Buy Video Games with Bitcoins! Sale: GRID 2!! - page 9. (Read 23321 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Just brought, CS:GO and I am already installing it, very fast, and simple. Great job!

I wanted to support a new bitcoin website, and I enjoy CS, I am not a hardcore gamer.

Thanks for the feedback gweedo, and for supporting us! Let me know if you have any other ideas on how we can improve!

- Ryan from SteamBits
www.steambits.com
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Just brought, CS:GO and I am already installing it, very fast, and simple. Great job!

Why would you want to play CS:GO? It's a reskin of older versions with more calladoody influence.

The same shit is CoD, stills if you want to play the latest online experience you must have the latest shit version of the f*cking game.

I wanted to support a new bitcoin website, and I enjoy CS, I am not a hardcore gamer.
Hey Ryan,

Great idea - I love the site. Very well done.

Can you run through how a transaction occurs? When I "buy" a game - what happens next? Do I get a Steam key emailed? Or do I wait for you to personally gift it to me? Or is automated? Just curious on the process (and I'm sure others are curious as well).

Also, a suggestion - can you add the ability to show what the game costs in USD? I know you have the exchange rate in the top left corner, but to have it visually available next to each BTC price would be nice. Or at least have a toggle for those of us who visualize USD better.

Thanks!

~FAT

Currently, when you buy a game, I manually buy the game and send you the key. I have alerts setup to notify me when a payment comes through, so I can be as quick as possible. Obviously, this isn't an ideal situation though, and I should have this process automated in a couple weeks (hopefully)!

I have had multiple requests to add the USD amount. I think what I will do is use a tooltop, so if you mouse over any price it will display the underlying USD amount.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

- Ryan from SteamBits
www.steambits.com

Activity: 56
Exactly what bitcoin needs, services like these. AWESOME job mate.
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations

Why would you want to play CS:GO? It's a reskin of older versions with more calladoody influence.

The same shit is CoD, stills if you want to play the latest online experience you must have the latest shit version of the f*cking game.
legendary
Activity: 1498
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Hey Ryan,

Great idea - I love the site. Very well done.

Can you run through how a transaction occurs? When I "buy" a game - what happens next? Do I get a Steam key emailed? Or do I wait for you to personally gift it to me? Or is automated? Just curious on the process (and I'm sure others are curious as well).

Also, a suggestion - can you add the ability to show what the game costs in USD? I know you have the exchange rate in the top left corner, but to have it visually available next to each BTC price would be nice. Or at least have a toggle for those of us who visualize USD better.

Thanks!

~FAT

You've got a nice website, I just wished that we could browse trough the games by their genre or somewhat instead of just searching for their names, sometimes it's good to find new non AAA games.

This feature is coming soon! I originally had it planned in the release, but id rather get some validation before I spend a ton of time on this.

I'll let you know when I have this working.  Grin

- Ryan
steambits.com
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
You've got a nice website, I just wished that we could browse trough the games by their genre or somewhat instead of just searching for their names, sometimes it's good to find new non AAA games.
Just a quick update, also adding non-steam games (like minecraft!).

The specials change daily so be sure to check back!
Hey all,

As a lover of video games (and bitcoins), I wanted to let you know about a project I have been working on:

www.steambits.com

SteamBits.com offers a fun and easy way to browse and buy computer games (Windows/Mac/Linux) with bitcoins.

I am still adding new features daily, so please reply here with any ideas or comments!

Thanks!

Ryan from SteamBits.com
Pages:
Jump to: