Pages:
Author

Topic: Still HODL? - page 48. (Read 6497 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 250
August 13, 2018, 06:57:11 PM
Yes and still believing that bitcoin value will rise again i didn't lost hope for the rising of bitcoin. We know the consequence of this but i also still taking a risk because i know bitcoin before the end of the year it will rise again like what happen last year. Don't be part of those always panicking or those panick seller that have a big loss because of they don't have patient and they can't wait.
Activity: 348
Merit: 100
August 13, 2018, 06:52:06 PM
Yes, but it does not make sense to sell at that price either. Although the strategy of hold is not the most successful at this time, I do not see any other way out.
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
https://sne.su/
August 13, 2018, 06:50:12 PM
I think that today it is better to diversify your money. It's time to reboot and prepare for market growth, the inevitable growth is already waiting for us in the near future.   Roll Eyes
Activity: 490
August 13, 2018, 06:42:24 PM
Yes, I agree with you, now is the time for the HODL and the time to buy because now the price is down and the opportunity to buy altcoins is to be invested again, and according to my prediction the price will increase at the end of the year.
Activity: 336
August 13, 2018, 06:22:02 PM
Of course I am still holding, and if I have more fiat, I want to buy more coins in this bear season. I think every trader should be very careful in this term and wait for their profit by holding patiently, that's all.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
August 13, 2018, 06:21:14 PM
It's hard. I mean even if we go back a month, maybe two ago. My thinking was hold, because it can't possibly go any lower. And here we are again with the same thinking. Because it just doesn't seem logical that things can get any lower. But I felt the same way months ago.
Activity: 798
August 13, 2018, 06:19:33 PM
holding whatever assets you have and any coins. because it will determine the maximum results rather than having to sell it, I think this can be a good choice rather than having to sell and get panicked sell. hold is a good and right choice.
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
August 13, 2018, 06:17:55 PM
I am holding in different ways, I mean I am increasing my Money in ETH. I sold out All of ETH a few days ago and now i am waiting to buy. Because as I know, ETH will go more down. So, when ETH will hit 250 USD, I will buy again to hodl until ETH hit 800 USD or more. So, I think who knows the trade, he should increase their money from this bear market. This is really the pick time to grab more ETH in cheap.
Activity: 84
Merit: 2
I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.
August 13, 2018, 06:16:44 PM
At this moment, HODL is no longer enough. Now we FORGT! FORGT the damn portfolio and come back later.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
August 13, 2018, 06:13:26 PM
I am taking the risk of this cryptocurrency and the fall of price.
i did hold for a long time, if i will sell my holding i will be having a big lose.
i rather hodl more and wait further.
i am pretty sure we will be back soon.
Activity: 203
Merit: 10
August 13, 2018, 06:12:02 PM
Keep Hodling, your amount of coin is still the same, just not the fiat value.
I must admit that with the pricedrop(crash) allover i switched to other coins, selling some amount of my hodlbags.  The value for all has dropped so much, that it doesn't matter financially.  And they can all go up, the same.  So i felt like positioning myself a bit better and i diversified a bit more.

Just don't trade in for fiat.  That would be a loss.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 13, 2018, 06:08:17 PM
If the 3 months ago you still hold the low cryptos rate is not good at the moment, so my advice is to hold and wait for the market to recover. The sale of cryptos during this time is a wrong decision because it will bring a massive loss for you. Please continue to hold cryptos and wait for a bright future to come to the cryptocurrency market as the stock market recovers.
Activity: 980
Merit: 260
August 13, 2018, 06:04:03 PM
This is the best time to HODL

Its a hard decision to make especially given that you started much better off then what you're on now but since you've already HODLed in my view is might as well continue.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
August 13, 2018, 06:00:39 PM
If you have witnessed the market slump and didn't short, you are now bag–holding—you have two choices: either get out and recoup (easier said than done), or wait it out especially if you hold one of the top coins (requires eliminating emotions, and patience). If you are going to take the second choice, the real question would be, for how long?

I have bought some XVG (Verge) at 0.0000320BTC thinking it bottomed, however, it has lost 40% more of its value, and I am still holding. If there is one thing I have learned trading Cryptocurrencies for more than a year, it is that short–term never works out if you want serious gains.
I had invested in a coin, waited for 3 weeks, saw no movements, and sold at 3% profit. In the 4th week, the coin witnessed its highest pump. Another incident: I bought an ERC20 token (don't recall its name) on EtherDelta, after two days it went 150% more, sold it happily, woke up next day, and it went 890% more.

What I want to say is, holding is better if you truly know which coins you have and what their foreseeable future might be.    
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
August 13, 2018, 05:45:33 PM
For now I agree with it. I'm still hodl my coins, bcs if I sell my crypto asset for now. I've loss a lot
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
August 13, 2018, 05:35:41 PM
Second choice, if you've already decided to HODL - why give up? You should've either sell everything out immediately when the prices of all top coins in the market began to crash somewhere in March, or, if you were holding all this time - don't make it worthless. Yes, the market is red again, -10% for Ether and -7% for XRP, that seemed to be the future are frightening now, but unless you believe that cryptocurrency is bubble you shouldn't worry and think that it's the end now. Microsoft stocks were volatile at the beginning and other successful companies too, but eventually people made millions on it, so don't waste a chance and read some encouraging articles, like this one: https://smartereum.com/2732/bitcoin-price-prediction-2018-can-cryptocurrency-hit-50000-or-100000-this-year-forecast-2018-mon-aug-13/

Yeah, I have a couple where this Cadillac analogy comes into play and I have had the plans to hold them until either a Lambo or Death...

And quite honestly, all my alt investments were made from bitcoin purchased years ago... So, it's more like taking profit - watch it skyrocket - then slowly watching it get destroyed because "I believe in the project"

I was just curious what others thought of the upcoming market situation and how 3 months can really change things around here. I also think anyone who can make it through these tough times deserves the rewarding experience of profiting off the bull runs.

Great replies!
Activity: 105
August 13, 2018, 05:28:52 PM
I got into crypto with a 5-10 year plan with money that I won't need anytime soon, it's my "early" retirement fund so HODL and buy more is my easy answer.  Sucks to see the value go down but zoom out and the market is still doing well over time.  Unless you think price determines whether you made a good choice buying to begin with, then sell away
Activity: 133
August 13, 2018, 05:26:14 PM
I am already holding my coin for 2 months now and I prefer to hold longer because of the market status.It feels bad watching your coin decreasing but I am still hoping that it will recover soon.
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
August 13, 2018, 05:20:48 PM
HODL we can't do anything now because we take a risk at the beginning so that keep taking risk until the end. While holding buy some of it to gain more when it pump soon. I take the risk now because I lose some of my profits now so the better way to gain it again is to hodl and buy more of it believe what you hodl then don't sell while the market is very low right now.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
August 13, 2018, 05:16:15 PM
Second choice, if you've already decided to HODL - why give up? You should've either sell everything out immediately when the prices of all top coins in the market began to crash somewhere in March, or, if you were holding all this time - don't make it worthless. Yes, the market is red again, -10% for Ether and -7% for XRP, that seemed to be the future are frightening now, but unless you believe that cryptocurrency is bubble you shouldn't worry and think that it's the end now. Microsoft stocks were volatile at the beginning and other successful companies too, but eventually people made millions on it, so don't waste a chance and read some encouraging articles, like this one: https://smartereum.com/2732/bitcoin-price-prediction-2018-can-cryptocurrency-hit-50000-or-100000-this-year-forecast-2018-mon-aug-13/
Pages:
Jump to: