Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop comparing ETH with BTC!!!!!!!! - page 5. (Read 24130 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 10
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 09, 2019, 12:45:34 AM
Since I joined the cryptocurrency world and even this forum I have seen something that people always do that I think its not the right way. People always compaire ETH with BTC telling us that ETH is the best cryptocurrency. I really doubt that because looking at these two coins, although they are all blockchain based currencies but to me BTC is doing far better than ETH. BTC was created before ETH but look at the performances and judge it yourself. I really do not want to talk much about this issue. Guys what do think about what I am arguing about?

These are two coins that have the strongest community and many dev teams in this market and each coin has its own position and can't compare which is better
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
February 08, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
 really like ethereum and I admit that ethereum is a good and potential coin, but even so I never thought that ethereum is a coin that is better than bitcoin, even I think there is nothing better than bitcoin, from the past until now
Activity: 1048
Merit: 102
February 08, 2019, 07:23:22 PM
usually people compare a coin because they have their own opinions about the coin, for example people say that ethereum
is better than bitcoin that is his opinion, everyone is free to argue, there must be a reason why someone compares a coin
Activity: 476
Merit: 262
EOSABC
February 08, 2019, 06:54:50 PM
This is a very hot topic in this forum not only in this forum all over the crypto market. People like to compare one with other coins. I don't think it as positive sight. Cause when you want to differ 2 coins which are different from each other the base if heavily different there's no point. If you differentiate them with technical aspects then it's fine but find some differences between them among position is not just good.  And we a know it is really hard to beat Bitcoin at Marketcap for any other coins. Then where's the point.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
February 08, 2019, 06:52:38 PM
Since I joined the cryptocurrency world and even this forum I have seen something that people always do that I think its not the right way. People always compaire ETH with BTC telling us that ETH is the best cryptocurrency. I really doubt that because looking at these two coins, although they are all blockchain based currencies but to me BTC is doing far better than ETH. BTC was created before ETH but look at the performances and judge it yourself. I really do not want to talk much about this issue. Guys what do think about what I am arguing about?
This comparison is not valid because each token carries different objectives and advantages, bitcoin dominates the area of cryptocurrency, but it is not the only one, There are many tokens, but bitcoin and even while its dumb price remains the best in value and fame, because the bitcoin is the oldest token, and it is the king.
Activity: 364
February 08, 2019, 06:25:04 PM
People don't just compare these coins. Some people think that Ether will ever win Bitcoin and take first place. But I disagree with that.
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
Veil
February 08, 2019, 06:23:24 PM
Yes . In theory comparing btc and etheruem does not make any logical sense because bitcoin is seen to be far better recognized than etheruem considering the fact that it was the creation of bitcoin that gave rise to the era of other coins.
But in practical terms, etheruem has more use case than bitcoin.
Activity: 350
February 08, 2019, 05:38:59 PM
Yes, I also think that Bitcoin can not be compared with any other coin. It is not correct. It seems to me that Bitcoin is the strongest coin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
February 08, 2019, 05:37:20 PM
I also do not understand why they are compared , they are different in themselves and are designed very differently , I think it is pointless to compare coins , since all coins are different and develop differently
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
February 07, 2019, 12:06:35 PM
I also see no point in comparing such projects, which today occupy leading positions in the cryptocurrency industry. Today BTC and ETH are the leaders in the cryptocurrency industry, but only in different sectors.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
February 07, 2019, 11:58:47 AM
Bitcoin and etherum were created at different times by two different people, for different reasons.  Comparing both coins to me is quite not necessary because for a long while now bitcoin has been the most valuable coin ever. Until etherum overtakes bitcoin to claim the number one spot, then this argument can be valid. Besides, the Etherum is best known to be used for ICO while bitcoin is mostly used to store money and make payment. Since they were  serve different purposes, in other words they shouldn't be compared. Bitcoin would still be the number one crypto currency.
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
January 23, 2019, 12:36:42 PM

Throughout the years Bitcoin always on top to all crypto currencies and we all knew that.
None of the altcoins too had surpass the price value of Bitcoin. Possible Ethereum can be second or next into Bitcoin.
Besides, they had different version and usages because Eth was a kind of utility token as far as I know.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
January 22, 2019, 06:15:22 PM
Yes, to level these projects is meaningless. It seems to me that Bitcoin cannot be compared with alternative coins. Bitcoin above all alts.

My opinion is the unexpected things are to be happened very easily in this field only so comparing any other currency to some other currency will be not good forever generation because the truth will be not in the future this will be the situation happening here.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
January 22, 2019, 06:14:55 PM
usually people will compare two coins to find out which one is superior, but I personally prefer not to compare it, we certainly can judge for themselves whether a coin has good prospects or not seen from its development, I think bitcoin and ethereum have good projects and worthy of staying on the market
Activity: 1218
Merit: 858
January 22, 2019, 05:52:23 PM
No need to compare these two coins. They are created at different times and for different purposes. At the same time, they both gained popularity among people.
Each of them performs its functions.
Bitcoin is primarily digital gold, people keep their money in it and make payments.
Ethereum is a good platform for quickly creating new projects, which makes it possible to carry out ICO earlier and collect investments for the development of a new project.
Activity: 406
January 22, 2019, 05:43:51 PM
Yes, to level these projects is meaningless. It seems to me that Bitcoin cannot be compared with alternative coins. Bitcoin above all alts.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
January 22, 2019, 05:42:25 PM
I really do not want to talk much about this issue.

I am quite confused with your statement while you are annoyed when people compare ETH and BTC but you still started this thread to make people express their side about it.

Well, I think it is a human nature that you analyze things, you have to compare it to anything. I think it is quite healthy to do that so that people will know the significant difference between the two and the reasons why we need to support that cryptocurrency.
Activity: 191
Merit: 12
January 22, 2019, 05:40:09 PM

I don't think we should necessarily compare them but instead appreciate them both separately for what they've brought to the crypto space.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 6
January 22, 2019, 05:37:32 PM
I think that BTC and ETH totally different things, so i personally dont compare them, they are all good but for various features and goals, for example, do you ever seen an ICO on BTC blockchain? Thats what i talking about, but BTC is like digital gold and people appreciate it for that, better and promising coin for holding.

Activity: 518
Merit: 3
January 22, 2019, 05:08:26 PM
Comparison is normal, but when doing that, there are certain features one need to look at. Else on a general note BTC is much better and there is no gainsaying about that.
Although, there are aspects in which ETH tend to outrun BTC. One major issue I have with BTC is the TPS. It seems that particular feature cannot be reformed, and it just seem to enjoy the grace of it being the premier coin.
Pages:
Jump to: