Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1619. (Read 3049503 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 23, 2013, 04:00:36 PM
Please remove the baby shit photo.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
September 23, 2013, 04:00:00 PM
Do people here seriously dare to compare BF with KnC? Hubris!
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 23, 2013, 03:58:42 PM

Dude, your question shows exactly how far back you read... The whole reason this shit about bitfury cropped up is because people were claiming ridiculous numbers on the efficiency of a 65nm chip which for all intensive purposes should not have been possible and then transformed into an argument over whether or not the BF chip was more efficient than KNC's. That was the point he was getting at I believe, people where claiming some crazy shit, with out any proof to back it up...
The KNCminer specs from there own data is Energy consumption: 1.6 W/Gh/s. the Bitfury is 1.0W/GH/s what's so hard about that to understand? The Bitfury is more energy efficient, though they both are pretty good.

The KnC 1.6 is at the wall though, right? What is bitfury's at the wall?

-MarkM-

No one will actually know until KNC does at-the-wall tests on a real unit hashing.    

My two bitfury cards pull ~ 46 watts at 66 Gh/s
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
September 23, 2013, 03:57:38 PM

Dude, your question shows exactly how far back you read... The whole reason this shit about bitfury cropped up is because people were claiming ridiculous numbers on the efficiency of a 65nm chip which for all intensive purposes should not have been possible and then transformed into an argument over whether or not the BF chip was more efficient than KNC's. That was the point he was getting at I believe, people where claiming some crazy shit, with out any proof to back it up...
The KNCminer specs from there own data is Energy consumption: 1.6 W/Gh/s. the Bitfury is 1.0W/GH/s what's so hard about that to understand? The Bitfury is more energy efficient, though they both are pretty good.

-MarkM-

KNC is a big fat zero at the wall.  Where is the chip hashing?

Bitfuries have been deployed in 1000s  of THs.  Right now.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 23, 2013, 03:57:30 PM

-MarkM-

Nonsense, KNC has not been measured at the wall as it's never shipped, where Bitfury has been, neither of which come with a PSU so the point is BS anyway, as it will vary on the brand and model PSU you choose. If you are being scientific you measure the the unit at it's power connector bypassing the 3rd party power supply.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 23, 2013, 03:55:23 PM

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 974
September 23, 2013, 03:54:16 PM

Pencil modded to about 1.1k resistance (the actual is slightly better because the graphite reacts that way to heat), added heatsinks and fans and tuned chips speeds to lower errors below 10% and the pool stats for the past 15-20h are:

This figure includes 3440Mh/s worth of fpga hardware, so the actual hashrate of the Bitfury is 72,902 Gh/s

and the all time reject rate for my Bitfury:

;tldr; Im pushing almost 36.5Gh/s per board
erk
Activity: 826
September 23, 2013, 03:50:53 PM

Activity: 532
September 23, 2013, 03:27:07 PM
...you let one person walk over you the rest start a charge towards.

Special needs guy #1:  Doo Doo! (points at a jar of peanut butter)

Bitcoinorama:  No no, that's not diarrhea, let me explain...(4 hour long articulated reason/logic/whatever else)

Special needs guy and friends: DOO DOO!!!! (puts their arms up and cheers incoherently)

Bitcoinorama: No wait! It's not...  Hey! No all of you stop! pull your pants back up right now!!  NO!! BILLY!! NOT ON THE FLOOR!!!

he may need therapy to stop his troll chasing/feeding

If I read you right, this is a gold rush, the boy needs therapy, and I've become some sort of...frontier psychiatrist?

That, or call me Dexter, and find me one?

http://youtu.be/U8BWBn26bX0

Cracking tunage. Grin
legendary
Activity: 974
September 23, 2013, 02:46:25 PM
you confuse that with another company, this is not HashFast, this modell is from ArseFarts.

On "Baby Jet" I was thinking more along the lines of...

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 23, 2013, 02:35:48 PM

Special needs guy #1:  Doo Doo! (points at a jar of peanut butter)

Bitcoinorama:  No no, that's not diarrhea, let me explain...(4 hour long articulated reason/logic/whatever else)

Special needs guy and friends: DOO DOO!!!! (puts their arms up and cheers incoherently)

Bitcoinorama: No wait! It's not...  Hey! No all of you stop! pull your pants back up right now!!  NO!! BILLY!! NOT ON THE FLOOR!!!

he may need therapy to stop his troll chasing/feeding
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 23, 2013, 02:34:16 PM
I am getting tired of you.

if you never doubted bitfury, why did you ask for some videos of working bitfury miners few days ago? why do you keep repeating that KnC has no real competition?

and how did you exactly took a bullet? its obvious that you didnt pay for your knc miner.

also, the part "in a week we will know if they can deliver" I found hilarious.

On your second statement, didn't read far enough back as well... from the beginning Bitcoinorama has done nothing but provide useful information to the thread... He may be a little over zealous at times, but he has been the arguably the most helpful contributor to this thread - This is Fact.

Also, at some point earlier in the thread he did said he was making a purchase from KNC - Jupiter if memory serves me right, whether the model is accurate I cannot say for certain but he definitely said he was a customer WAY before all this shit got stirred.

In short, Do yourself / everyone else in this forum a favor and wait till next week before you start throwing conspiracy theories around...
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
September 23, 2013, 02:25:23 PM

Special needs guy #1:  Doo Doo! (points at a jar of peanut butter)

Bitcoinorama:  No no, that's not diarrhea, let me explain...(4 hour long articulated reason/logic/whatever else)

Bitcoinorama: No wait! It's not...  Hey! No all of you stop! pull your pants back up right now!!  NO!! BILLY!! NOT ON THE FLOOR!!!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 23, 2013, 02:16:24 PM
Coming up on another diff change...

Current Blocks: 259672 | Current Difficulty: 112628548.66635 | Next Difficulty At Block: 260063 | Next Difficulty In: 391 blocks | Next Difficulty In About: 1 day, 22 hours, 55 minutes, and 12 seconds | Next Difficulty Estimate: 145649858.39359674 | Estimated Percent Change: 29.3187740748

My Voodoo math puts the next diff change at 143.63 (112.xxxxxxx + 31)
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 23, 2013, 02:04:45 PM
So the question remains... How much they can cope with to assemble a few dozen PCBs with all necessary parts, including the ASIC chips, them put all that inside the designed box of fans, then repeat the process few dozen times, then package all that in proper boxes, then send all that to different parts of the world, in just one single week?

we expect full production to start in the next few days, and yes its tight but we are still on track.

source: http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/news-and-anouncments/3062-new-video-teaser

Yes, I'm with you. It is impossible to assemble, test, pack and ship hundreds of boxes out of Sweden, especially for small company with 25 employes. Honestly, I expect new announcement like: we are sorry, there will be one week delay but for compensation Jupiter is not 400Gh/s but 500Gh/s.

In this phase, there should be videos of working unit and shipping schedule. yes, maybe they will send couple of miners before October 1st, but majority of guys (and doesn't matter if they have got 1st/2nd shipping date or not) will receive their miner during first week of October with great luck. I have got homeoffice whole week and I will wait all the time for tracking number and courier from UPS (I'm from EU is it should take one day). But if somebody really hopes, that all 1st day orders will be shipping during this week, he is just stupid/naive or both.
September 23, 2013, 02:03:08 PM
@Bitcoinorama

Why do you this? 

more importantly, why do you do this to yourself?

You're right. OCD, genuinely I have it, and more than likely the reason, coupled with the fact honestly you let one person walk over you the rest start a charge towards. I can only respond with common sense. But the No Disco guy I was kind to, he fired me some PM's, unrelated to this thread and I answered honestly, there is no explanation to why he stalks me and has such animosity, that's what started this a couple of hours ago. I'm going to step away.
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
September 23, 2013, 02:02:08 PM
@Bitcoinorama

Why do you this? 

he wants to mine less..

more people will buy KNC hardware
network will be larger
and he will mine less

Smiley

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
September 23, 2013, 01:58:56 PM
@Bitcoinorama

Why do you this? 

September 23, 2013, 01:51:18 PM

What marketing BS?! We knew Bitfury was going to exist months back. I never doubted the guy. The biggest upset was Bitsyncom, most of their hashrate never appeared. Anyone who had orders elsewhere stand in a better position, well except BFL, but we already knew that, and I never wanted peeps to loose out with Bitsyncom. The funny thing is nothing changed about me this entire time, just because I took a bullet for visiting people have always had a hang-up on me having nefarious intention, which, and this is utterly hysterical for me, I never, ever have. I went for myself, and relayed what I saw. I then made some predictions based on common sense fact on KnC and some other companies, and have been write every time. So unless I have had a crystal ball, it's safe to say there's been a common sense method to my madness. Some peope here are just having a hard time accepting this. Props to Bitfury, I just would rather want to deal with the source and not intermediary distributors who are unknowns, I stated that at the time. In a week we'll know if KnC can deliver. Nothings changed, except the difficulty is currently no where near where it should be by now.

if you never doubted bitfury, why did you ask for some videos of working bitfury miners few days ago? why do you keep repeating that KnC has no real competition?

and how did you exactly took a bullet? its obvious that you didnt pay for your knc miner.

I have paid orders. It's the entire reason I went. Do you honestly think I went and said, hi you don't know me, but i've clearly been looking into you and without knowing how this will turn out, why don't you give me hardware and i'll type about you. Daggeteo went, JohnyJ went and wrote up, none of us got paid. I had conducted more research, had a greater professional interest, English is my first language, i'm articulate, I had some fun with a write-up. Get over it.

By taking a bullet i mean this rampant obsession in trying to prove something nefarious has occurred here, when it hasn't. It's obsessive from the trolls, as I will not back down from douchebaggery.

Why did I ask for a video from Bitfury? Well read what I wrote? Was I calling him a liar? no. I just wanted to see a video of the chip hashing. I wanted to see proof of power consumption based on the chip, not on a USB miner, as the only proof I can find are from videos showing Biutfury usb miners where all the other components have to be taken into account. yet at the same time I hear conflicting reports about power being equal to 0.5-1 w/Gh/s. So I asked a reasonable request as to whether any proof existed as opposed to having conflicting answers. Why is that hard to understand? Again you're hung up on KnC and me, not me. I get jumped on whenever, w.h.e.n.e.v.e.r. I ask about anything outside of KnC. It's ridiculous. You make up this shill thing in your crazy obsessive minds, not me. I have as much interest outside of KnC as I do in, as I care about the subject. I have a direct interest in KnC as I have paid orders with them as I have always readily admitted. fuck me this gets tiring. I cannot even be bothered to censor myself anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
September 23, 2013, 01:42:15 PM

What marketing BS?! We knew Bitfury was going to exist months back. I never doubted the guy. The biggest upset was Bitsyncom, most of their hashrate never appeared. Anyone who had orders elsewhere stand in a better position, well except BFL, but we already knew that, and I never wanted peeps to loose out with Bitsyncom. The funny thing is nothing changed about me this entire time, just because I took a bullet for visiting people have always had a hang-up on me having nefarious intention, which, and this is utterly hysterical for me, I never, ever have. I went for myself, and relayed what I saw. I then made some predictions based on common sense fact on KnC and some other companies, and have been write every time. So unless I have had a crystal ball, it's safe to say there's been a common sense method to my madness. Some peope here are just having a hard time accepting this. Props to Bitfury, I just would rather want to deal with the source and not intermediary distributors who are unknowns, I stated that at the time. In a week we'll know if KnC can deliver. Nothings changed, except the difficulty is currently no where near where it should be by now.

also, the part "in a week we will know if they can deliver" I found hilarious.
Jump to: