Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1616. (Read 3049505 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 24, 2013, 08:10:01 AM
Since beginning KNC were straight company. I can understand why they have started to take preorders. But why to take preorders to november delivery since that is also an risk for buyers and miner price is based on diff change prediction.
KNC was honest and was aware of it, they were aginst preorder model but it was needed to make the asic miners in the first place. Now when they made it why to continue to have preorders? Why just do not built x stock unit and sell them at x price with imidate shipping? Risk is again on their customers. I know that they can refund it at any time but why KNC has to have locked our money?
What has changed since several months ago? Nothing, preorder model are still in the full bloom!

probably because of the competitors. if you had a company selling such devices and see the pre-order orgies happening with competition you may ask yourself: do i want to watch this millions going to the competition or do i want to make my product "available" now to get a share of the pie ?  
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
September 24, 2013, 08:08:39 AM
untill now knc
have delay
because no real photo of chips
and only a word that he will sent at end of will be ready

knc will be out of time for sure

Europe is neither USA nor China..but let's wait and see
KnC are opening to chinese market too
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 24, 2013, 07:54:18 AM
Since beginning KNC were straight company. I can understand why they have started to take preorders. But why to take preorders to november delivery since that is also an risk for buyers and miner price is based on diff change prediction.
KNC was honest and was aware of it, they were aginst preorder model but it was needed to make the asic miners in the first place. Now when they made it why to continue to have preorders? Why just do not built x stock unit and sell them at x price with imidate shipping? Risk is again on their customers. I know that they can refund it at any time but why KNC has to have locked our money?
What has changed since several months ago? Nothing, preorder model are still in the full bloom!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 24, 2013, 07:33:57 AM
And that reassures you?

honestly, in this phase I can't imagine the answer, which will reassures me more.) but as I mentioned previously in this thread, is hard to believe, that they are able to assemble, test, package and ship hundreds of boxes within few days.

I stand with my pre order couple of months, so last few days are like nothing.)

I can tell you which answer will reassure you more: your order will be shipped on 2x September, and its expect to be delivered to you the day after.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 24, 2013, 07:25:26 AM
And that reassures you?

honestly, in this phase I can't imagine the answer, which will reassures me more.) but as I mentioned previously in this thread, is hard to believe, that they are able to assemble, test, package and ship hundreds of boxes within few days.

I stand with my pre order couple of months, so last few days are like nothing.)
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
September 24, 2013, 07:17:11 AM
They told you on the 24th September:

Your order is expected to ship towards the end of September.

And that reassures you?

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 24, 2013, 07:06:58 AM
just received mail from KNC:

Dear Daniel,

Your order is expected to ship towards the end of September.

Once the order is shipped you will receive the tracking number.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Med vänlig hälsning | Best regards
Anna Jagdhar
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

it means, that they are still on track, so peace in mind for next ~24 hours.)

September 24, 2013, 07:01:47 AM
Sam is so confident on shipping on time, he's started spending the profits already:

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 24, 2013, 06:57:12 AM
come on KNC, your cake is waiting....
September 24, 2013, 06:45:35 AM
500 pages of complete BS and the rest is some good info...
Yeah, it's up to about 40 pages of BS per week now.

I'd guesstimate 26th Sept > 3rd October - 70 pages of BS?

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
September 24, 2013, 05:34:36 AM

500 pages of complete BS and the rest is some good info...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 24, 2013, 05:05:44 AM
Basically across the board the share prices dropped, not because of any fundamental change with the underlying asset, but rather because people were willing to sell for a loss to take their btc off of the exchange.  In other words, share prices are at a discount right now. 

Now that coinbase.com has a 10btc/day limit on instant transactions I'm unable to quickly move fiat into bitcoin, thus the auction.

Why not just auction off some cash?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 24, 2013, 03:58:44 AM

gox taking forever to cash out, coinabase with a limit of 10 (!) btc a day...
what are those exchanges doing to us ?
There are  not shortages of exchanges. If necessary, convert your BTC to some other fiat, then convert that to USD using a traditional forex dealer.

Transfer BTC to Bitstamp, cash out there.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 24, 2013, 03:41:40 AM

There are  not shortages of exchanges. If necessary, convert your BTC to some other fiat, then convert that to USD using a traditional forex dealer.

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 24, 2013, 03:34:42 AM
Sorry for being slow but to my knowledge btct is closing down? Pardon me if I miss something obvious but English is not my native language

Yup.

All assets have to migrate to direct or to another exchange.

So you're forecasting a flow of money exiting from btct and then an increase in btc/usd ratio. Am i right?

Basically across the board the share prices dropped, not because of any fundamental change with the underlying asset, but rather because people were willing to sell for a loss to take their btc off of the exchange.  In other words, share prices are at a discount right now.  

Now that coinbase.com has a 10btc/day limit on instant transactions I'm unable to quickly move fiat into bitcoin, thus the auction.

Thanks for being so kind to provide a detailed explanation. Now it's crystal clear.
What a pity that coinbase enforce such a ridiculously low transfer limit

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
September 24, 2013, 02:10:02 AM
Sorry for being slow but to my knowledge btct is closing down? Pardon me if I miss something obvious but English is not my native language

Yup.

So you're forecasting a flow of money exiting from btct and then an increase in btc/usd ratio. Am i right?

Basically across the board the share prices dropped, not because of any fundamental change with the underlying asset, but rather because people were willing to sell for a loss to take their btc off of the exchange.  In other words, share prices are at a discount right now.  

Thanks for being so kind to provide a detailed explanation. Now it's crystal clear.
What a pity that coinbase enforce such a ridiculously low transfer limit
legendary
Activity: 994
September 24, 2013, 02:05:22 AM

Yup.

Basically across the board the share prices dropped, not because of any fundamental change with the underlying asset, but rather because people were willing to sell for a loss to take their btc off of the exchange.  In other words, share prices are at a discount right now. 

legendary
September 24, 2013, 02:03:26 AM

Yup.

legendary
Activity: 994
September 24, 2013, 01:57:40 AM

Yup.

legendary
September 24, 2013, 01:55:31 AM
I really hate to do it, but I've decided to put my Day 1 hosted Jupiter up for auction. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-day-1-knc-jupiter-with-6-months-hosting-paid-300601

I'm only posting it here as I've seen a few of you ask about day 1 orders.

Why? Lack of confidence or something else?

To be completely honest, with today's tanking of share price on BTCT I'm willing to sell my pre-order and use the funds to invest in stocks.  If it doesn't sell I'll just mine with it, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Jump to: