Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1622. (Read 3049503 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 23, 2013, 09:45:17 AM

Nope they have till the other-side of the weekend. In the mean time, they look relaxed, happy, and unstressed.

From experience on this forum, most characters hide their faces, then when something goes wrong, or not to plan, they disappear, and hide. Do you get that impression from these photos? Or do you see a group of hardworking guys (and girl!) having fun? And most importantly getting shit done.

Josh_BFL/Yifu are relaxed and happy in photos too. They are not hiding at all.

I dont blame them> if I were Yifu, I would be very relaxed and happy too.

Sorry, where is Yifu exactly? He's been AWOL since July, his recent flyby's to announce he is not dead, do not count and don't install confidence, nor give any remote explanation as to WTF Bitsyncom have been playing at. Certainly giving refunds for monies used to bankroll his ventures don't cut it either.

If they produce no hashing video by next Monday, then they need to speak up. If they have no hashing video by a week or two after, then it's time to get concerned.

You mean if they dont ship by next monday? sorry, but hashing video is not good enough.

Tarmi, are you a KnC customer? I want my units, but if they are on the significant side of generosity with respect 400gh/s and a week late, I may just forgive, seeing as they are at the bequest of the packaging co, and couriers, esp. as the 30th falls directly next to a weekend.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
September 23, 2013, 09:44:31 AM
Will we need a stratum-mining-proxy to avoid getwork penalties on Slush with KnC machines?  Would restarting the mining proxy hourly give a similar return improvement with KnC machines?  I don't think this would be hijacking the thread but for those who think it might, sorry.

cgminer (the software that KnC has said they are using) is fluent in Stratum.

no proxy needed

Will a PSU Tester like this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-20-24-Pin-PSU-ATX-SATA-HD-Power-Supply-Tester-/320615128503

do the trick and power on the miner?

That should work.
All they do is measure the voltages.

The testers that are _NOT_ apropriate for long term use are testers that test under load.
They make your power supply work hard to see if there are under load problems

They will get as hot as anything else that is consuming 500-1500 watts.

They typically cost LOTS more than the voltage measuring testers that people have posted.

EDIT: there are inexpensive 'load' testers that are to be AVOIDED for this application.
an example is here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899200003&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-PC+tools%2f+Testers-_-N82E16899200003&gclid=CP-kk8_d4LkCFeIRMwod4RcAOA

And here are a couple good power supply load tester pron links (for those interested in such things)
http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/load-testing-the-ax1200i-digital-atx-psu/
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article148-page1.html

YMMV

Soon!
Smiley

Late last night in the wee  hours of the morning I realized KnC is using cgminer which has stratum+tcp://
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
September 23, 2013, 09:40:10 AM

Nope they have till the other-side of the weekend. In the mean time, they look relaxed, happy, and unstressed.

From experience on this forum, most characters hide their faces, then when something goes wrong, or not to plan, they disappear, and hide. Do you get that impression from these photos? Or do you see a group of hardworking guys (and girl!) having fun? And most importantly getting shit done.

Josh_BFL/Yifu are relaxed and happy in photos too. They are not hiding at all.

I dont blame them> if I were Yifu, I would be very relaxed and happy too.

If they produce no hashing video by next Monday, then they need to speak up. If they have no hashing video by a week or two after, then it's time to get concerned.

You mean if they dont ship by next monday? sorry, but hashing video is not good enough.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
September 23, 2013, 09:38:26 AM

Are you going to begrudge them enjoying themselves? You can see Marcus looks focused on the job at hand and that is blatantly a lot of hard work performed right there. If it wasn't a completed hosting facility i'd be concerned.

They say they are on time. They promised to give daily updates *if* they are late. I have no beef with them this side of September. If they produce no hashing video by next Monday, then they need to speak up. If they have no hashing video by a week or two after, then it's time to get concerned. So in the mean time, i'm all smiles and glad they enjoy their work. For those wanting Sam at his desk at nights, and weekends? Why?! He's waiting for the same things you are. Why drive yourself mad?

That was what I noticed too.  These don't look like people who are behind schedule and bracing for lots of angry customers and refunds. 

The tone of those pictures probably says more about their ability to deliver than pictures of chips would.
September 23, 2013, 09:33:59 AM

Cool, but can you please upload a video for the rest of us wit respect to it's performance? This is meant to be a community here and we'd all love to see some real user evidence.

It takes moments to do, mining isn't really something that keeps you too busy to not share evidence in a community burnt so many times before.

Again I've never had a bad word to say about Bitfury, all the evidence seems to suggest he has been exemplary, there is just a lot of praise and very little I dependant visual proof.

haha please, you may be, but those demanding pics, and pics, and pics, and trolls out for blood, well now they got it. Two birds killed with one stone!! Tongue

wow, demanding pics and videos of working Bitfury units for the sake of the "community that burnt so many times before" and praising KnC for posting some vague pictures of their data center 5 days before october is a winner!

Are you going to begrudge them enjoying themselves? You can see Marcus looks focused on the job at hand and that is blatantly a lot of hard work performed right there. If it wasn't a completed hosting facility i'd be concerned.

They say they are on time. They promised to give daily updates *if* they are late. I have no beef with them this side of September. If they produce no hashing video by next Monday, then they need to speak up. If they have no hashing video by a week or two after, then it's time to get concerned. So in the mean time, i'm all smiles and glad they enjoy their work. For those wanting Sam at his desk at nights, and weekends? Why?! He's waiting for the same things you are. Why drive yourself mad?
legendary
September 23, 2013, 09:24:26 AM

Cool, but can you please upload a video for the rest of us wit respect to it's performance? This is meant to be a community here and we'd all love to see some real user evidence.

It takes moments to do, mining isn't really something that keeps you too busy to not share evidence in a community burnt so many times before.

Again I've never had a bad word to say about Bitfury, all the evidence seems to suggest he has been exemplary, there is just a lot of praise and very little I dependant visual proof.

haha please, you may be, but those demanding pics, and pics, and pics, and trolls out for blood, well now they got it. Two birds killed with one stone!! Tongue

wow, demanding pics and videos of working Bitfury units for the sake of the "community that burnt so many times before" and praising KnC for posting some vague pictures of their data center 5 days before deadline...

that is a winner!

September 23, 2013, 09:15:39 AM
On the contrary - this looks more like a couple professionals building a data center.  People scream for pictures.  People get pictures.  People scream "how unprofessional".
pics where they actually do something are neutral to positive, but a bleeding hand? Really? Wink

Fwiw, I'd be totally satisfied with zero pics published to date.

Activity: 616
September 23, 2013, 09:15:20 AM
On the contrary - this looks more like a couple professionals building a data center.  People scream for pictures.  People get pictures.  People scream "how unprofessional".  And you wonder why they don't release chip pictures?  All the armchair EEs would be trolling in a second.  Too big.  Too small.  Too many pins.  Should have done it differently.

Jesus, save us all from idiots, please...

+1
September 23, 2013, 09:13:58 AM
On the contrary - this looks more like a couple professionals building a data center.  People scream for pictures.  People get pictures.  People scream "how unprofessional".
pics where they actually do something are neutral to positive, but a bleeding hand? Really? Wink

Fwiw, I'd be totally satisfied with zero pics published to date.
September 23, 2013, 09:09:20 AM
Are those pics from KnC? Why would they break their well established image of professionalism with this "two amateurs building a datacenter" picture collection?

Sam and Andreas are IT architects, they've created datacentres for huge financial institutions for over a decade each. This is their specialty. I'd give them a little more credit than 'two amateurs'. The CS reps acting as builders are amateurs, but they look like they got their sh*t together and nailed it, or err...at least 'drilled it', and that out of focus corner in the background looks pretty damn spiteful to be fair.
legendary
September 23, 2013, 09:08:35 AM

I know we've been over this before.  There's basically 3 groups of people, imho.  Day 1 production, day 2, and everyone else.

ASIC manufacturers - the ones that will make a ton of money

day 1 production - the ones that will see ROI

day 2 and everyone else - suckers
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 23, 2013, 09:06:47 AM
LOL...  Castaway...  Interesting movie...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
September 23, 2013, 09:03:25 AM
Are those pics from KnC? Why would they break their well established image of professionalism with this "two amateurs building a datacenter" picture collection?

No, its my hand. I cut it on purpose, so I can post this picture.

Wilson!

Activity: 812
Merit: 502
September 23, 2013, 09:01:49 AM

No, its my hand. I cut it on purpose, so I can post this picture.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 23, 2013, 09:01:43 AM
On the contrary - this looks more like a couple professionals building a data center.  People scream for pictures.  People get pictures.  People scream "how unprofessional".  And you wonder why they don't release chip pictures?  All the armchair EEs would be trolling in a second.  Too big.  Too small.  Too many pins.  Should have done it differently.

Jesus, save us all from idiots, please...
September 23, 2013, 08:57:58 AM
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
September 23, 2013, 08:52:51 AM
Can you say your ASIC vendor has shed blood to get you your miner as quick as possible  Grin

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
September 23, 2013, 08:32:30 AM
At least its a nice update for the guys who booked the hosting package  Cool
September 23, 2013, 08:27:58 AM
uhhh, instead of promised videos of hashing jupiter and shipping schedule, we know how KNC builds datacenter somewhere in Sweden. splendid.)

C'mon dude that's pretty hardcore. they did it themselves! Outside of the 9-5, which has probably blurred into 24/7 by now. They could have just sat around twiddling thumbs or pacing whilst waiting for their package of packages to arrive, as long as there were none of their engineering team there. Well aside Marcus, and Johan.
September 23, 2013, 08:24:57 AM
Most, if not all, of these photo's were taken at the same time as the batch they released 10 days ago. In fact, unless Sam has only one t-shirt and one pair of shorts, it's pretty certain they are all from the same day some weeks ago.

An up-to-date photo of the completed data centre would be more reassuring.

Can you imagine the scramble if they are still working on the data centre and they go into production on the miners? Mayhem.

Uh I see him wearing more than one t-shirt. I also see a big difference between the datacentre progress and the two shirts. It's not like they hired a professional photographer for every visit, it's a few memories on a smartphone by the looks of things. Well impressed these guys pull their fingers out and are prepared to do the physical hardwork, as well as the technical and entrepreneurial. Don't see anyone else doing that. Most of you guys complained (quite rightly) for customer service in a mining manufacturer, KnC's customer service also double up as sparkies and  labourers!! Nuff respect! Now where's our miners? Tongue

EDIT: Just realised there were more pics added since you posted originally Avenger.
Jump to: