Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1643. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
September 19, 2013, 04:12:28 AM
anyone do an ROI chart on getting a fast food job instead of using all their time speculating on miner ROI?

Made me LOL - so true

I have to keep reminding myself that this is a labour of love
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 19, 2013, 03:57:24 AM
Slightly OT but I really wonder how much the pool ops have pulled in over time. Like Slush for example, 2% of every block solved at that pool for years. It must be astounding.

Probably not nearly as much as you think.  You have to factor in costs and I'm sure server expenses are significant.  

How many blocks does Slush's Pool find per day, 12-15?

This is just a wild guess...
15x25x130x.02=$975 less expenses.

So maybe $500 per day.  Not a bad job!   But its not going to make anyone a millionaire overnight.  Now BTCGuild, that's a different story.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
September 18, 2013, 11:09:19 PM
Slightly OT but I really wonder how much the pool ops have pulled in over time. Like Slush for example, 2% of every block solved at that pool for years. It must be astounding.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 18, 2013, 10:39:32 PM

I hate that it can't be proven they were protecting the network for themselves.  Josh is way too happy for a person who claims he can't have his 18 rigs (6 FPGA upgrades) until customer orders are fulfilled.

Why have 18 rigs when he has the most efficient bitcoin generator ever? Our collective wallets?  Cheesy

(I feel your pain. Waiting on my POS SC I ordered in april. will make for good target practice for the .308  Grin)

Josh's personal cash register rings everytime someone finds a block on EclipseMC...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 18, 2013, 10:31:01 PM

I hate that it can't be proven they were protecting the network for themselves.  Josh is way too happy for a person who claims he can't have his 18 rigs (6 FPGA upgrades) until customer orders are fulfilled.

Why have 18 rigs when he has the most efficient bitcoin generator ever? Our collective wallets?  Cheesy

(I feel your pain. Waiting on my POS SC I ordered in april. will make for good target practice for the .308  Grin)
Activity: 280
Hell?
September 18, 2013, 09:58:51 PM
I'm beginning to question my own large November order I placed with KnC.  It sounds like they should've been even cheaper than $5K each based on all this talk of x amount of PH coming online.  I was hoping the red zone for 400GH-600GH was Feb 2014 but I think it is much sooner now.

I'm sure the responses will FUD the heck out of me wanting me to cancel...lol
I am holding off on Nov orders until I see what the impact is going to be. It's just business, so I understand where you are coming from. KnC said that they're going to open up some Oct slots from cancelled orders. I may jump on a few of those if I can catch it.

i too have been looking for an October order to pop up, but nothing yet. i assume they are waiting for a certain quota of orders to be canceled and then they will release them to the website as a batch all at once. Who knows really.
Hell?
September 18, 2013, 09:57:21 PM
I keep seeing people mentioning the upcoming monarchs from BFL in with other companies adding to the increase...but I have to wonder who would trust them enough to (pre)order one ? I think people aren't so stupid as to ignore all the companies who have royally screwed customers this year (monarch may be an insider jest about them doing that?) ...so when KnC deliver on time and with better rigs than spec, wouldn't prudent buyers wait that few months for a gen 2 that may give them a chance to break even because it will at least arrive in good time? Who takes a risk when they can avoid it?

If this is even half true then a lot of this increase might be delayed until KnC gen 2 ..which is early 2014..
If I wasn't already waiting and was looking to buy a rig now, I'd see how KnC performed compare to the others ...and probably go with the one that was trustworthy with the additional bonus that gen 2 won't be the 1st attempt so should run smoother.
Just speculation but KNC gen 2 will be the same as gen 1.  Maybe they'll add a logo sticker in with the package.  That and they're not going to overclock future Jupiter orders. I have a feeling they're doing that just to reward early adopters/customers.

they arent overclocking shit. the chips are going to be hashing at maximum efficiency from knc. WHERE has it said that november orders are not going to run above 400ghs? THIS IS NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND. jesus christ people are daft.
Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin
September 18, 2013, 09:54:20 PM
I'm beginning to question my own large November order I placed with KnC.  It sounds like they should've been even cheaper than $5K each based on all this talk of x amount of PH coming online.  I was hoping the red zone for 400GH-600GH was Feb 2014 but I think it is much sooner now.

I am holding off on Nov orders until I see what the impact is going to be. It's just business, so I understand where you are coming from. KnC said that they're going to open up some Oct slots from cancelled orders. I may jump on a few of those if I can catch it.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
September 18, 2013, 07:00:17 PM
I'm glad KnC seems prepared for the challenges of time to market.  I just hate BFL so much.  I should have all my 2012 orders by now.  That company is such a giant piece of shit.

I hate that it can't be proven they were protecting the network for themselves.  Josh is way too happy for a person who claims he can't have his 18 rigs (6 FPGA upgrades) until customer orders are fulfilled.  I really want to see them burn. I have never been so frustrated with a company in my life.  My new gray hair in 2013 is entirely because of them.

Anyone that causes that much of a roller coaster with peoples emotions really deserve the worst coming their way.  They sucked the profit out of everyone for their benefit.

Your not alone, I got refund from BFL thankfully and moved on
September 18, 2013, 06:50:04 PM
I'm glad KnC seems prepared for the challenges of time to market.  I just hate BFL so much.  I should have all my 2012 orders by now.  That company is such a giant piece of shit.

I hate that it can't be proven they were protecting the network for themselves.  Josh is way too happy for a person who claims he can't have his 18 rigs (6 FPGA upgrades) until customer orders are fulfilled.  I really want to see them burn. I have never been so frustrated with a company in my life.  My new gray hair in 2013 is entirely because of them.

Anyone that causes that much of a roller coaster with peoples emotions really deserve the worst coming their way.  They sucked the profit out of everyone for their benefit.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
September 18, 2013, 06:38:02 PM
I'm beginning to question my own large November order I placed with KnC.  It sounds like they should've been even cheaper than $5K each based on all this talk of x amount of PH coming online.  I was hoping the red zone for 400GH-600GH was Feb 2014 but I think it is much sooner now.

No worries..

Not the best games, but huge user group
http://www.coindesk.com/online-game-developer-bigpoint-now-accepts-bitcoins-virtual-goods/

More will come, roi in $ and power costs should be easy to cover for a while Smiley
September 18, 2013, 06:29:27 PM
I'm beginning to question my own large November order I placed with KnC.  It sounds like they should've been even cheaper than $5K each based on all this talk of x amount of PH coming online.  I was hoping the red zone for 400GH-600GH was Feb 2014 but I think it is much sooner now.

Hell?
September 18, 2013, 06:27:43 PM
use your heads people....

Why start now?

so true.

there seems to be a handful of people in this forum that have common sense and reasoning. I don't know if its just that most bitcoin miners are in their teens, or just lack a brain, but it seems to be excessively bad in this forum.
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 18, 2013, 06:19:29 PM
use your heads people....

Why start now?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 18, 2013, 06:19:18 PM
I keep seeing people mentioning the upcoming monarchs from BFL in with other companies adding to the increase...but I have to wonder who would trust them enough to (pre)order one ? I think people aren't so stupid as to ignore all the companies who have royally screwed customers this year (monarch may be an insider jest about them doing that?) ...so when KnC deliver on time and with better rigs than spec, wouldn't prudent buyers wait that few months for a gen 2 that may give them a chance to break even because it will at least arrive in good time? Who takes a risk when they can avoid it?

If this is even half true then a lot of this increase might be delayed until KnC gen 2 ..which is early 2014..
If I wasn't already waiting and was looking to buy a rig now, I'd see how KnC performed compare to the others ...and probably go with the one that was trustworthy with the additional bonus that gen 2 won't be the 1st attempt so should run smoother.
Just speculation but KNC gen 2 will be the same as gen 1.  Maybe they'll add a logo sticker in with the package.  That and they're not going to overclock future Jupiter orders. I have a feeling they're doing that just to reward early adopters/customers.

I doubt it. Gen 1 is a rush job. While a talented team can do a pretty damn good job in a short time, there is always more that can be done for optimization. I would suspect that the gen 1 chip has a LOT of redundancy that could be either put to use for more hashpower or straight up eliminated for the sake of power consumption with a bit of time to redesign. The smaller die size doesn't mean that it's fully optimized. In fact, that smaller die size gives you a lot more room to fudge, which seems to fit in with their entire philosophy to date.

That being said, discounting the big rush right now, I would imagine they were working both designs in parallel to be ready for gen 2 quickly. I would guess that their first chip is a rough draft with a lot of room for improvement. There's an old truism that goes like this:

Q. When is an engineering project finished?
A1. Never
A2. When marketing says it is!
Hell?
September 18, 2013, 06:09:35 PM
That and they're not going to overclock future Jupiter orders. I have a feeling they're doing that just to reward early adopters/customers.

Has there been definitive confirmation of this?

ahhh people take everything so literally!! if the chips run at 500ghs, then why would november deliveries be any different?!!? use your heads people....
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
September 18, 2013, 06:08:26 PM
I highly doubt anyone is canceling.

It is sad that the nice folks here (since they are nice folks) keep trying to make this a positive thread yet become an unwitting partner in the trolling tango of FUD

Someone over at the KNC forum post a good explanation of this farce in the 'trust no one' post

True, people were speculating earlier on the difficulty going up 100,200 and 400% in a small period  due to KNC shipping. I think the only people who will be cancelling are the cointerra, hashfast etc etc customers

Personally the only people I see kicking up a fuss are actual known customers urging people to cancel, one name beginning with 'X' springs to mind, using the genesis block as a reason to support their argument, whilst not actually requesting a refund themselves. The rest actually believe the Genesis Block is an accurate portrayal which unfortunately just underlines the limited level of understanding of a lot of people on this forum, through choice mind. I mean they could actually easily understand there will be no exponential increase either month on month, or at any point. It will be a huge jump in the next few weeks, followed by a levelling off, the intro to 28nm, followed by little blips in futures that won't remotely resemble anything like this first initial jump. The current hashrate should; for all intents and purposes be a lot worse than now, but certain other companies got corrupt and failed to deliver, screwing the community. I understand many feel burnt, but so far KnC have been exemplary (that means very good).

They could become legendary if they will also "under promise, over deliver" on the shipping date.
Activity: 574
September 18, 2013, 06:05:10 PM
That and they're not going to overclock future Jupiter orders. I have a feeling they're doing that just to reward early adopters/customers.

Has there been definitive confirmation of this?
Activity: 752
September 18, 2013, 06:03:35 PM

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 18, 2013, 05:57:38 PM

Jump to: