Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1645. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 18, 2013, 01:23:53 PM
anyone do an ROI chart on getting a fast food job instead of using all their time speculating on miner ROI?

Activity: 410
September 18, 2013, 12:38:53 PM
I recently wrote an email to KNC asking about shipping times and if there was a way to pay for more expedited shipping (I'm from the US).  I got this response today:

"As we use UPS Express Freight, it might take around one day for the miner to be delivered once it is produced."

I'm ok with that Smiley
Thanks I emailed them about a week ago with this same question.  Wasn't particularly concerned or anything but nice to get a definitive answer.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
September 18, 2013, 12:37:36 PM
I did wonder about that... thx
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
September 18, 2013, 12:35:08 PM
I recently wrote an email to KNC asking about shipping times and if there was a way to pay for more expedited shipping (I'm from the US).  I got this response today:

"As we use UPS Express Freight, it might take around one day for the miner to be delivered once it is produced."

I'm ok with that Smiley
Activity: 288
September 18, 2013, 12:24:04 PM
If KNC actually delivers around 2PH by 15th of Oct, will the other companies face a wave of cancelled orders? Or KNC itself for the Nov shipping orders?
Activity: 269
September 18, 2013, 12:16:40 PM
How can KnC be adding 2.5PH to the network?  I thought their September pre-orders for Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 was 180TH or something like that...

I think people are being hugely optimistic with respect to actual hashrate per unit.

10-15x too optimistic? That seems nuts.
Are you referring to optimism around the distribution of the type of units sold (Jupiter, Saturn etc) or around the achievable hash rate vs. nominal hash rate?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
September 18, 2013, 11:28:55 AM
If anyone wants Day 1 Jupiters (3) we just cancelled our order and the refund is processing.  Keep an eye out on the KnCMiner product page for these.
FYI.

Firstly, our orders for September delivery are now closed. If any refunds occur, any devices that become available will be added as, and when, on the KnCMiner site. So for those keen to secure a device for the preliminary deliveries please keep a look out. They will be sold on a first come first served basis and be added to the end of the September/October queue.

Nice affiliate links...lol
Activity: 476
let's have some fun
September 18, 2013, 11:25:18 AM
Why are you selling the Miners and don’t mine yourself (will you use the miners for mining yourself)?

We are mining ourselves, but we believe in the bitcoin project and a diversified market is the best for all parties. We will continue to mine but we do not believe in a monopoly of miners. We will not mine with more than 5% of the hash rate we sell, and we will never mine with customer hardware.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 18, 2013, 11:24:40 AM
How much mining are they going to be doing themselves?

-MarkM-

They have always promised no more than 5% of customer sales equivalent.
Activity: 784
September 18, 2013, 11:22:52 AM
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 18, 2013, 11:22:22 AM
How much mining are they going to be doing themselves?

-MarkM-
September 18, 2013, 11:20:53 AM
How can KnC be adding 2.5PH to the network?  I thought their September pre-orders for Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 was 180TH or something like that...

I think people are being hugely optimistic with respect to actual hashrate per unit.
Activity: 784
September 18, 2013, 11:18:43 AM
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
September 18, 2013, 11:05:41 AM

I see, I read it wrong. Maybe 1 or 2 folks will get their miners a little faster then.

We went the refund route so we can move on and not mess with shipping changes and other hassles. And we came out ahead about $15/BTC from the date we ordered and today's valuation. Plus, finding market value for the pre-orders wasn't worth the hassle either. Funds tied in escrow until Day 1 delivery does us no good and 2PH/s+ coming on the market has sidelined any sensible buyers out there. KnCMiner provided excellent support for the refund request and everything related to this project throughout.

So you got refunded in BTC?
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
September 18, 2013, 11:01:38 AM
If anyone wants Day 1 Jupiters (3) we just cancelled our order and the refund is processing.  Keep an eye out on the KnCMiner product page for these.
FYI.

Firstly, our orders for September delivery are now closed. If any refunds occur, any devices that become available will be added as, and when, on the KnCMiner site. So for those keen to secure a device for the preliminary deliveries please keep a look out. They will be sold on a first come first served basis and be added to the end of the September/October queue.

Doesn't work like that,

They go to the back of the line when repurchased.

You should have sold them instead of getting a refund.

I see, I read it wrong. Maybe 1 or 2 folks will get their miners a little faster then.

We went the refund route so we can move on and not mess with shipping changes and other hassles. And we came out ahead about $15/BTC from the date we ordered and today's valuation. Plus, finding market value for the pre-orders wasn't worth the hassle either. Funds tied in escrow until Day 1 delivery does us no good and 2PH/s+ coming on the market has sidelined any sensible buyers out there. KnCMiner provided excellent support for the refund request and everything related to this project throughout.
September 18, 2013, 10:49:03 AM
And since KnC is supposedly delivering 2.5PH/s in 12 days, the difficulty change after that will be something like 200% ... that will make the recent 30%+ figures seem tiny
If it is 5PH/s then we could hit the limit of a 400% difficulty change in less than 20 days

Man I'd really like to see that happen. Will be massive news/shock to the bitcoin world especially the miners Cheesy

200% increase will make people shit bricks I tell ya

Sure there will be a massive jump.

As it will be a massive spike over a short period of time, followed by a level plateauing.

Fact is though any subsequent jump from anyone else delivering will never be of the same magnitude unless another individual release of hashrate doubles this initial delivery of KnC hardware.

Simply put, that won't happen. By Christmas maybe, but I don't buy Hashfast and Cointerra's huge prophetic esitmates based on best case simulations, their real world results will be a lot different, and not for the positive. They're marketing words. Engineers promise what they know until they can prove otherwise.

Importantly though, it also will prove the Genesis Block's exponential rise of constant month-on-month consistent rising that the trolls and ill-informed keep touting as inevitable; a total falsehood.

What would be useful would be a calc that offers multiple strategic scenarios based on estimated hashrate sold, release dates and length of production runs. You could then run various scenarios and hedge your play within reasonable expectation. Same as any business would.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 18, 2013, 10:45:19 AM
Will stop taking hosting orders on Friday. So last call for those who like cutting things close.

bitcoin.anotherhost.se

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
September 18, 2013, 10:42:34 AM
FYI.

Activity: 350
Bitcoin is the future...
September 18, 2013, 09:29:38 AM
And since KnC is supposedly delivering 2.5PH/s in 12 days

Source?

Try reading back, oh, all of about 10 messages or so...

Read 2 pages. Still can't get how he derived the "2.5PH/s"

Just trying to do some rough calculations on what the (increasingly likely looking) bulk KNC delivery will do to the total network hash rate and therefore difficulty. All figures are approximate  Smiley

Current network hash rate: 1,000,000 GH/s
Possible number of September/October orders: 5,000 (based on my August order number)
Predicted hash rate of Jupiter: 500 GH/s
Average hash rate of KNC products: 250GH/s (assuming even split between Jupiter/Saturn/Mercury)

Hash rate after KNC delivers September/October batch: 1,000,000+(5,000x250) = 2,250,000 GH/s

Which will do wonders for existing BFL products' ROI :-) In the interests of transparency, it would be a fantastic move if KNC were to release accurate figures of their order book's future effect on the hash rate, rather than my rather simplistic "guesstimates"...

Activity: 798
September 18, 2013, 09:24:45 AM
Jump to: