Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1659. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
September 16, 2013, 12:42:57 PM
Can we measure if the chip is really 28nm when we get the board in stock?

You can probably just "eyeball" it.   Grin
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
September 16, 2013, 12:37:44 PM
Had a nice chat with Carl. He was very talkative:

...And no details at all?
Activity: 616
September 16, 2013, 12:21:09 PM
Thanks for the replies but I wasn't asking if it was worth it, I was asking how to tell if I found a block. I understand the math. You missed the probability/luck part of the equation. I don't use bitcoin-qt, I have my own pool server. I don't use anything GUI.

This is something I have wanted to experiment with for some time. How was the process of setting it up? I have been thinking of doing the same, but I'm that versed in linux to take it on without dedicating a week to it. If you your willing, I would pay 1 BTC for a decent walk-through for setting up a stratum pool server. Let me know if your interested.

I certainly wouldn't mind helping you, if nobody else has taken that bait lol. I couldn't do it today, but could this week. I didn't find it difficult, but that's very subjective, everyone's abilities are different. I just decided it certainly can't hurt, and it's like playing the lottery.

omg.....

kill yourself.

^-- Thank you ASIC-K, you beat me to it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
September 16, 2013, 12:14:27 PM
Had a nice chat with Carl. He was very talkative:

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 16, 2013, 12:02:19 PM
Thanks for the replies but I wasn't asking if it was worth it, I was asking how to tell if I found a block. I understand the math. You missed the probability/luck part of the equation. I don't use bitcoin-qt, I have my own pool server. I don't use anything GUI.

This is something I have wanted to experiment with for some time. How was the process of setting it up? I have been thinking of doing the same, but I'm that versed in linux to take it on without dedicating a week to it. If you your willing, I would pay 1 BTC for a decent walk-through for setting up a stratum pool server. Let me know if your interested.
Activity: 532
September 16, 2013, 11:50:57 AM

Yes, but you need a really, really small tape measure...

EDIT; Operador beat me to the punch. Wink
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
September 16, 2013, 11:50:27 AM

^Yes, you need to buy a million dollars bad ass microscope though....
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 16, 2013, 11:49:13 AM

omg.....

kill yourself.
September 16, 2013, 11:47:21 AM
Thanks, that's what I was thinking.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 16, 2013, 11:34:51 AM

Your mining software will show it, and it should be credited to the wallet associated with your pool after 120 confirmations.

It's been a few months since I sold off my gpu hardware, but I believe in cgminer during mining it's BF you want to see a number after, as in (b)locks (f)ound. If you see BF: 1 , that means you found a block. Check to see if your IP address appears on the blockchain and wait for your btc.
September 16, 2013, 10:53:57 AM
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
September 16, 2013, 10:49:02 AM
ok, thanks! but Deepbit has below 1.5TH/s and still find blocks within a week. I monitored it over a week.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 16, 2013, 10:43:09 AM
Punch in 4 TH/s here:
http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/
and hit calculate.

Look at Average generation time for a block (solo)

for 4 TH/s it will read:

1 day, 9 hours (can vary greatly depending on your luck)

In reality, it might mean a block within minutes or 1 block per week.

Also, look at BitMinter's variance (https://bitminter.com/blocks) @ 24-28TH/s. Sometimes you get 5 blocks a day, some times 2. Extrapolate down from there.

I personally would not feel comfortable if block finding frequency was much over a day.

BTW, 2 USB BEs solo mining will give you: "22 years, 351 days (can vary greatly depending on your luck)", and that is provided that difficulty stays the same.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
September 16, 2013, 10:39:53 AM
how did you calculate it to come to 4TH/s? thanks!

At the current difficulty, going solo is possible with some luck and over 4TH/s of hashing power. Anything under that will produce too much variance and will probaly leave you without any coins.

To answer your question: You will see it in Bitcoin-qt list of transactions as type "Mined".

Unrelated somewhat:

When solo mining, how do you know you've hit a block/won the lottery and should be expecting a 25btc payout soon?

I'd search but the connection I'm on is dying. Thanks for help/links.

sorry for interrupting but out of curiosity do you really think to go solo ?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 16, 2013, 10:38:13 AM
At the current difficulty, going solo is possible with some luck and over 4TH/s of hashing power (about 8 Jupiters). Anything under that will produce too much variance and will probaly leave you without any coins.

To answer your question: You will see it in Bitcoin-qt list of transactions as type "Mined".

Unrelated somewhat:

When solo mining, how do you know you've hit a block/won the lottery and should be expecting a 25btc payout soon?

September 16, 2013, 10:37:53 AM
While I have a small farm mining various coins, I figured whynot dedicate a USB miner or 2 to solo mining, which I have done over the weekend. Taking them offline isn't hurting my overall return, and since it's about 'playing the lottery' it can't hurt to try. Just another way to diversify the mining hobby.

So I'm just curious to know how to tell if you hit the lottery. I think it will show up as an accepted share, but I just wanted to confirm.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
September 16, 2013, 10:28:36 AM
Unrelated somewhat:

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 16, 2013, 10:23:39 AM
How do your "ROI" estimations look like if you receive your miners at 20th on October?

Slightly worse that October 19th, slightly better than october 21st.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 16, 2013, 10:17:22 AM
How do your "ROI" estimations look like if you receive your miners at 20th on October?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 16, 2013, 10:16:03 AM
I you don't just shut up and cancel your damn order already.

-MarkM-
Jump to: