Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1700. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
September 07, 2013, 05:56:12 PM
nah, just to the select few who are actually pointing.

As to the angled fins, i'm trying to figure out if this was the design all along, or if it was a late modification.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
September 07, 2013, 05:54:13 PM
Well, i did my best, i tried to read some of the last pages.
However they are so full of shills and puppets that it's impossible to go further.

I wish all of you a good ROI, but for what i've seen until now i wouldn't bet on that.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 07, 2013, 05:49:40 PM
Is it just me or did that interesting bit of news about improved airflow get completely ignored in all this finger-pointing?
Activity: 824
Merit: 712
September 07, 2013, 05:45:28 PM
Yes. Actually it is. Since it's the truth.

I quote: Who is going to read >400 pages and the search function of this site sucks.

I read them. All of them. And I am able to use the search function properly.

Congratulations! I guess that achievement gives you the right to belittle anyone else that comes along with a question.

Nope, but it gives me the right to point out the information you wanted in a short and effective way and critize your lack of ability to get them yourself. Seriously, if you feel emotional hurt over my comment - just don't post questions like that.

I am generally in favor of questions. Every one has them, you know? But most people try to get the answers themself first before spamming a 400+ pages thread with them.

If your question would have been: Hey does anyone know if Upgrades are possible for November orders? - I would have given the same answer in the same tone as bitcoinorama. But not to a "hey guys, I am too lazy to look for the answer myself for 5 minutes" post!

It wasn't my question.  Go back and look.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 07, 2013, 05:42:45 PM
Or
Dremel the top cover
Make some extra holes
At top
And put these some extra fans

or if ur going to have the cover off, turn the heatsinks 90 degrees so the fans blow out to the side...  nah, too simple.
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 07, 2013, 05:41:45 PM

I quote: Who is going to read >400 pages and the search function of this site sucks.

Congratulations! I guess that achievement gives you the right to belittle anyone else that comes along with a question.

Nope, but it gives me the right to point out the information you wanted in a short and effective way and critize your lack of ability to get them yourself. Seriously, if you feel emotional hurt over my comment - just don't post questions like that.

I am generally in favor of questions. Every one has them, you know? But most people try to get the answers themself first before spamming a 400+ pages thread with them.

If your question would have been: Hey does anyone know if Upgrades are possible for November orders? - I would have given the same answer in the same tone as bitcoinorama. But not to a "hey guys, I am too lazy to look for the answer myself for 5 minutes" post!
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
September 07, 2013, 05:39:06 PM
Or
Dremel the top cover
Make some extra holes
At top
And put these some extra fans
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
September 07, 2013, 05:37:54 PM
Simple put off the cover

And but some extra fans
Simple and good solution
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 07, 2013, 05:37:32 PM
Nice airflow improvement!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 07, 2013, 05:33:50 PM
Keith from KNC says:

There has been a slight revision in our casing that we had neglected to previously explain.

The case has had an airflow improvement to ensure increased thermal efficiency.

We have ensured the hot air from the front two heatsinks is redirected, avoiding the rear chips, and is expelled from the casing by installing fins affixed to the upper casing section (despite appearing in the CAD as part of the lower section of casing). In turn this allows a sufficient amount of cool air exits to ensure a cooler operating environment for the rear heatsinks to operate comfortably.

Gotta love the afterthought ducting -- at least the back boards won't be choking on the exaust Cheesy
September 07, 2013, 05:32:43 PM

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
September 07, 2013, 05:31:20 PM

Anyone new to the this thread, I'd recommend the same.  I know it's very long but it's also very entertaining.  Knowing what you know now, the first 50 pages worth of fingerprinting is pure comedy.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 07, 2013, 05:19:25 PM
I'm pissed, because can't believe, that KNC will fulfill their promise..we will see in 2 weeks™ who was right.
You have no evidence, at all, that they will be late. Yet you're pissed about your own fears.

You are a complete wuss, unable to control your emotions, and acting irrationally.

Guess it takes nerves of steel to roll with the big boys in bleeding-edge bitcoin mining. Have some of you actually lost sleep over this? The hell is wrong with you.

You lose sleep when you get other people involved in something you aren't fully confident in yourself as they have said they have.
Losing your own money is one thing, breaking even over time is fine too...but if you promised a large profit to a group of friends and they put money into mining to find it's not such a golden egg anymore...that's not going to be much fun is it? A lot of group buys are going to suffer in the coming glut of ASICs and what happens when they all come online...short term at least.
I sponsored two group buys with friends. I'm not losing sleep. Because I was honest about the risks. This is a speculative business--what are you doing 'promising a large profit' to anyone?
legendary
September 07, 2013, 05:17:06 PM

September 07, 2013, 05:15:01 PM
Keith from KNC says:

There has been a slight revision in our casing that we had neglected to previously explain.

The case has had an airflow improvement to ensure increased thermal efficiency.

We have ensured the hot air from the front two heatsinks is redirected, avoiding the rear chips, and is expelled from the casing by installing fins affixed to the upper casing section (despite appearing in the CAD as part of the lower section of casing). In turn this allows a sufficient amount of cool air exits to ensure a cooler operating environment for the rear heatsinks to operate comfortably.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 07, 2013, 05:14:41 PM
I understand the Mercury in a box that can hold 3 more modules was simplicity.  Will upgrade modules be possible?  Something on the order of a snap-in box to add an additional module or will the initial module installation be it?

Soy, they said they would offer upgrades for those with Saturns and Mercury, so I believe there will be, but it clearly won't be before the November shipment, which makes sense as all those purchasing those units bought for Sept-Oct delivery choosing whatever compilation of modules they wanted for then anyway. Just email and ask for clarification.
September 07, 2013, 05:11:19 PM
I understand the Mercury in a box that can hold 3 more modules was simplicity.  Will upgrade modules be possible?  Something on the order of a snap-in box to add an additional module or will the initial module installation be it?

Again, for the illiterate and lazy: read the posts and the knc news. there was an upgrade kit. now there is not.

Why all the hostility?  Who is going to read >400 pages and the search function of this site sucks.  All the negativity and forum bashing is hurting sales more than helping...unless that is the point?  Why doesn't everyone get off their high horse and STFU if you don't have anything positive to say.

First: Where do you see hostility in my post? That is one of my nicer ones, actually, since I have half a bottle of wine in me. Makes me all fuzzy and warmhearted.

Then: if I search for "knc upgrade module" I pretty much find the information that there was a way to upgrade your order.  AND if I go to the KNC website and read the news section, I can clearly read that there was the option to upgrade.

Third: Why the fuck should I care about their sales? I am not affiliated with KNC, although I wish I would be with that revenue they will generate...

Finally: This thread is full of positive comments, you just can't find them because of all the dumb questions.

Illiterate and lazy is nice?
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Cryptopreneur
September 07, 2013, 05:07:04 PM
Don't expect civilized behavior from the bitcoin community. It's been ravaged by scams and greed. At least he answered your question. That's more than I would've expected.
legendary
September 07, 2013, 05:05:21 PM

Again, for the illiterate and lazy: read the posts and the knc news. there was an upgrade kit. now there is not.

Why all the hostility?  Who is going to read >400 pages and the search function of this site sucks.  All the negativity and forum bashing is hurting sales more than helping...unless that is the point?  Why doesn't everyone get off their high horse and STFU if you don't have anything positive to say.

First: Where do you see hostility in my post? That is one of my nicer ones, actually, since I have half a bottle of wine in me. Makes me all fuzzy and warmhearted.

Then: if I search for "knc upgrade module" I pretty much find the information that there was a way to upgrade your order.  AND if I go to the KNC website and read the news section, I can clearly read that there was the option to upgrade.

Third: Why the fuck should I care about their sales? I am not affiliated with KNC, although I wish I would be with that revenue they will generate...

Finally: This thread is full of positive comments, you just can't find them because of all the dumb questions.
September 07, 2013, 04:57:43 PM

Why all the hostility?  Who is going to read >400 pages and the search function of this site sucks.  All the negativity and forum bashing is hurting sales more than helping...unless that is the point?  Why doesn't everyone get off their high horse and STFU if you don't have anything positive to say.
Jump to: