Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1810. (Read 3049501 times)

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 20, 2013, 03:26:02 AM
They haven't published specs on things that don't exist, they have published the specs they have designed it to be.

Of course they had "published specs on things that don't exist":

Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam

They are hosting these rigs, and mining themselves...so they are in the same boat as all of us re power supplies.

No, they are not hosting any "rigs" or "mining themselves". The product do not exist, it is still just a design.

I don't care when they tell me which they recommend, as long as it's possible to get one before my rig arrives. Their constant statements about getting rigs hashing ASAP being their main goal can be woven into most aspects of all this by a sentient being to arrive at a sensible conclusion.

All right, you are entitled to define your own priorities in regard to your interests and I respect that.

For example all this crap about racks and power supplies...what do people think KnC are going to do, design a rig that's going to be a bitch in their own hosting facility?

I learned very much from the discussion about racks and power supplies.

Answer to your question: people do not just think, people are already really sure the case is not designed to be mounted in a rack. The case must be adapted altogether with an external PSU over a shelf to fit a rack.

KnC have told me all I need to know for now. Other helpful people have added to that by visiting and publishing email replies.

You've added nothing at all to speak of.

All right, if you are happy with the information you got, that is it. I have no qualms about you feel confident with the information you already got.
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
August 20, 2013, 03:20:53 AM
A few PM replies from Sam to save him being asked again

we are no inserting any artificial delay in shipping. the orders will flow out of the factory as soon as they are made.

I hope this helps

Sam

We are NOT shipping in batches

and we wont publish the order queue sorry.

Sam
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
August 20, 2013, 03:19:22 AM
30xx july 1st order and due in october. Think I just missed the boat on september but we will see.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
August 20, 2013, 02:47:14 AM
The way some people demand or talk in this thread is just outrageous. If you don't like what you see then don't send over your money to KNC. It's simple as that. No-one is forcing anything onto anyone. If you think it's a scam, then don't send money over. If you hate the case design.... if you hate the fact that PSU will be external.... if you hate the fact that you don't have access to every detail.... if you hate.....

And the specs KNC announced are actually understatements (according to them anyway). 1000W, 100GH etc. The product when it's complete has potential to be more than 100GH per chip and using less than 1000W for a Jupiter.

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 20, 2013, 02:36:48 AM
Here you go AC find a thread on this, just got it in email. Very little info for your 15k there.
http://order.cointerra.com/

December...a little breathing room for us even if they are on schedule.
Activity: 574
August 20, 2013, 02:12:56 AM
The yellow is getting more defined +1

So... What is your point again? More or less yellow awill not stop me to voice my opnion. That only shows that I made a bunch of wilful ignorants angry because they cannot censor my freedom of speech.

Some sort of truth-telling superhero you are...

Thank-you for trying to save us from the quagmire of our ignorance!
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 20, 2013, 02:09:06 AM
They won't release actual power consumption until it can actually be measured.

All in due time...

I agree with your logic. That is why I think KnCminer should not promisse to publish information about a product which still do not exist. This only shows they were being deceptive when they stated there would be a soon annoucement about the PSU. If they want at least a prototype to sort out the best PSU for their design, they should state that in advance.

They haven't published specs on things that don't exist, they have published the specs they have designed it to be. How is it deceptive when we ALL knew from the get go that it didn't exist and their description and estimates were all we'd get until they had production up and running for the actual parts?

They are hosting these rigs, and mining themselves...so they are in the same boat as all of us re power supplies. I don't care when they tell me which they recommend, as long as it's possible to get one before my rig arrives. Their constant statements about getting rigs hashing ASAP being their main goal can be woven into most aspects of all this by a sentient being to arrive at a sensible conclusion. For example all this crap about racks and power supplies...what do people think KnC are going to do, design a rig that's going to be a bitch in their own hosting facility?

KnC have told me all I need to know for now. Other helpful people have added to that by visiting and publishing email replies.
You've added nothing at all to speak of.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 20, 2013, 01:55:42 AM
The yellow is getting more defined +1
vip
August 20, 2013, 01:51:10 AM

All in due time...

I agree with your logic. That is why I think KnCminer should not promisse to publish information about a product which still do not exist. This only shows they were being deceptive when they stated there would be a soon annoucement about the PSU. If they want at least a prototype to sort out the best PSU for their design, they should state that in advance.
Activity: 759
Merit: 505
August 20, 2013, 01:44:06 AM
with order number 3700 and made july 5th, think i'm still on schedule to be receiving this in september? eager to figure out what PSU to get as well.

I do really wish you luck in your request. KnC promissed weeks ago to publish specific details about the required PSU to work with their design. So far no response has been provided by them.

Yeah.... I can only hope that them saying how they are underpromising it and saying it should come out better than expected is great to hold onto
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2013, 01:34:36 AM

All in due time...
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
August 20, 2013, 01:31:42 AM
with order number 3700 and made july 5th, think i'm still on schedule to be receiving this in september? eager to figure out what PSU to get as well.

Nope,  I have July 3rd order 31**  And was told mine would be sent out in October.   and also asked them about the 1k watt witch to me seems  high, Since these are 28nm chips.    And what other company's are putting out.   This was there response.

"Hi,

We are on track and expect to ship the first orders in September. Your order is expected to ship in October and more details will be available closer to the time of shipping.

Regarding the power consumption the 1000W is maximum draw, we expect the devices to run at a lower power draw and more information will be published in the coming weeks.

Let us know if you have further questions. "
Activity: 759
Merit: 505
August 20, 2013, 01:06:27 AM
Activity: 145
Merit: 105
August 20, 2013, 12:01:42 AM
I might be ignorant, but I can see colors well Grin Your ignore button is highlighted in light yellow, which means someone pressed it. I said nothing about KNC, just assumed that you might not see some colors, because you keep insisting that your ignore link isn't yellow. That's all. If it it is not yellow to you, then fine by me, as if I gave any shit about that
vip
August 19, 2013, 09:58:28 PM
It's been posted before. Yes you have missed that page. The missing metric units have also been debated. Some US members, not familiar with the metric system actually thought it was in inches.

Please, show us where KnCminer did that in this forum.

The modules are internal. You should know this.

Really, the modules are internal? For a moment I thought they were designed to work attached outside the case, like an accessory for a box of fans. Thank you for the obvious.

As a crude estimate take the surface area and split into four equal pieces. It's quite logical unless you are actively looking for a means to criticise.

No, it is quite illogical unless you are actively looking for a means to speculate.

I think casing and fans are self explanatory as to what they are.

Agreed! A box of fans tells much about what it will host...

Roll Eyes
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 19, 2013, 09:58:12 PM
Maybe the guy is color blind and just does not realize it. John Dalton didn't know he couldn't see red until like 25 or something. Or he has uber crappy 2001 LCD monitor which will not show such light yellow color (I've dealt with those, I know how it goes)

Yeah, they must confuse the colours all the time.

You're using IE.

You also must use an absolute shit monitor or be color blind.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
August 19, 2013, 09:49:21 PM
@Augusto, I respect the fact that you are a VIP member and what appears to be a long time member as well...

That said, you are talking about something we all discussed weeks ago...and it also appears as if you are trying to be argumentative, concern trolling or white knighting us?

Please don't go that route.

Personally I don't need a white knight and it is what I would estimate a very non-fulfilling experience for you and a tedious one at best for us. We all understand the risks, we put our money on the line and we are aware that profitability is changing every day. We can see the website mockup is just a few fans laid out in the case for perspective, we aren't blind or stupid.

If you are interested in ordering a unit or just talking about the miners you are welcome to ask serious questions...but it would be taken better after you read the history of what was discussed here already and if you drop the negative behavior.

He doesn't say shit in all too many other companies threads.
Only KnC.
He knows that his block erupter dynasty is about to end, and he is pissy.
Activity: 588
August 19, 2013, 09:44:56 PM
@Augusto, I respect the fact that you are a VIP member and what appears to be a long time member as well...

That said, you are talking about something we all discussed weeks ago...and it also appears as if you are trying to be argumentative, concern trolling or white knighting us?

Please don't go that route.

Personally I don't need a white knight and it is what I would estimate a very non-fulfilling experience for you and a tedious one at best for us. We all understand the risks, we put our money on the line and we are aware that profitability is changing every day. We can see the website mockup is just a few fans laid out in the case for perspective, we aren't blind or stupid.

If you are interested in ordering a unit or just talking about the miners you are welcome to ask serious questions...but it would be taken better after you read the history of what was discussed here already and if you drop the negative behavior.

Activity: 532
August 19, 2013, 09:44:51 PM
Maybe the guy is color blind and just does not realize it. John Dalton didn't know he couldn't see red until like 25 or something. Or he has uber crappy 2001 LCD monitor which will not show such light yellow color (I've dealt with those, I know how it goes)

Yellow is expressed as a variety of pantones hues;

vip
August 19, 2013, 09:43:10 PM

Jump to: