Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1813. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 19, 2013, 03:16:11 PM
Just saying, it's better for us. But the people that aren't spending the time learning the command line and cgminer, we are going to end up having to walk them through sshing in the device at some point.

Yeah, I'm sure KnC planned on relying on you for that.  Cheesy
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
August 19, 2013, 03:10:10 PM
why?! just ignore them, they can google it!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
August 19, 2013, 03:09:35 PM
Just saying, it's better for us. But the people that aren't spending the time learning the command line and cgminer, we are going to end up having to walk them through sshing in the device at some point.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 19, 2013, 03:02:12 PM
Again, people depending on a web interface Huh good luck upgrading cgminer, etc
"Depending"?  Now you're "putting words in my mouth"... please.
We are all entitled to our own choices. If you want to do it some other way than it comes, that's up to you. I'm "On Board" with KNC's choices, which is why I ordered several machines. A web GUI will allow me to Manage these machines from thousands of miles away. Your way, to me, is for kids with graphics cards who like to play tweaking speeds all month. That's not what I'm after.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 19, 2013, 03:00:23 PM
Hi,

The bottom line is what you are getting from KNC is over engineered and not over designed.  Imagine how upset people would be if we had something that looked great but we were delayed because of the design.

Thanks

Sam

If reducing time on the case helped keep the project on-time, then that's great. Again, for my needs - I could care less about the case as long as it survives shipping!

Just make sure someone helps Becky and Austin out with setting up their rig, since I doubt they're going to automatically know how to use a paperclip to turn the PSU on. Wink
Hell?
August 19, 2013, 02:56:25 PM
Yeah but these same people have no clue how to setup cgminer manually.

Oh well, I'm just glad a lot of devices will go down and not mine.

....it has a usb port too...

why do i care about those people?! better for me if they cant figure out cgminer.....non issues
legendary
August 19, 2013, 02:54:34 PM
Yeah but these same people have no clue how to setup cgminer manually.

Oh well, I'm just glad a lot of devices will go down and not mine.

Hell?
August 19, 2013, 02:53:01 PM

legendary
August 19, 2013, 02:50:55 PM
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 19, 2013, 02:50:35 PM

Thanks

Sam

The empty barrels were making the noise on the issues you addressed Sam -- the (mostly) silent majority is entirely onboard with your strategy.
legendary
August 19, 2013, 02:50:16 PM
In the form?? The device shouldn't be calling home..

In which case I would simply correct the info.

BTW>>>>     Password field now on account page
Hell?
August 19, 2013, 02:49:55 PM
Here's the thing, if the configuration breaks or changes, you will need to learn how to do it. You should spend that time while diff is lower rather than later.
Pools can change addresses, usernames, anything.

Lol there were idiots that wanted the psu inside? These are the idiots that want it just to be cool and have no clue how to even make it work. Same idiots that will preconfigure a pool.
I be one of those "idiots" who's having their machines pre-configured... I love the Idea of plug & play... It will take me moments to begin mining, and  when KNC goes to test them with your preconfig info, you'll actually earn a tad on the pool account, as well as have the ability to see your speeds, and know when it's about to ship without asking. So yeah, I'm a idiot. Smiley

if you cant figure out how to log into a web based miner to reconfigure it.....should you even be mining?
legendary
LIR DEV
August 19, 2013, 02:49:39 PM
In which case I would simply correct the info. With WebGUI, It will be a snap, no need to "Learn" anything, especially if you've used CGMiner before.

BTW>>>>     Password field now on account page
legendary
August 19, 2013, 02:48:52 PM
People are disappointed that it's not inside. That's dumb. As knc said, who cares? Professionals have wires, risers and everything strung about.
Yes some people are only here to be cool and earn income. They will get mad when something doesn't work and they have 0 clue how to fix it.

Lol there were idiots that wanted the psu inside? These are the idiots that want it just to be cool and have no clue how to even make it work.

Um computers/servers have an internal PSU. Somehow that works.

Really you think that a ATX PSU which exhausts heat OUTSIDE the case somehow would be impossible and the only purpose would be for it to "be cool".  Really? 

So just to make sure I got it straight.

Smart idea.  Current case with PSU sitting beside it on the right connected to ASICs and control boards via external cables.
Stupid idea.  Similar case which is 3" wider with PSU sitting in the same spot except it is now inside the case and connected to ASICS and control boards via internal cables.

Want to explain that to me?  Please provide details.

legendary
August 19, 2013, 02:47:06 PM
Here's the thing, if the configuration breaks or changes, you will need to learn how to do it. You should spend that time while diff is lower rather than later.
Pools can change addresses, usernames, anything.

Lol there were idiots that wanted the psu inside? These are the idiots that want it just to be cool and have no clue how to even make it work. Same idiots that will preconfigure a pool.
I be one of those "idiots" who's having their machines pre-configured... I love the Idea of plug & play... It will take me moments to begin mining, and  when KNC goes to test them with your preconfig info, you'll actually earn a tad on the pool account, as well as have the ability to see your speeds, and know when it's about to ship without asking. So yeah, I'm a idiot. Smiley

legendary
LIR DEV
August 19, 2013, 02:41:13 PM
I be one of those "idiots" who's having their machines pre-configured... I love the Idea of plug & play... It will take me moments to begin mining, and  when KNC goes to test them with your preconfig info, you'll actually earn a tad on the pool account, as well as have the ability to see your speeds, and know when it's about to ship without asking. So yeah, I'm a idiot. Smiley

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 19, 2013, 02:40:44 PM
Lol there were idiots that wanted the psu inside? These are the idiots that want it just to be cool and have no clue how to even make it work.

Um computers/servers have an internal PSU. Somehow that works.

Really you think that a ATX PSU which exhausts heat OUTSIDE the case somehow would be impossible and the only purpose would be for it to "be cool".  Really?  

So just to make sure I got it straight.

Smart idea.  Current case with PSU sitting beside it on the right connected to ASICs and control boards via external cables.
Stupid idea.  Similar case which is 3" wider with PSU sitting in the same spot except it is now inside the case and connected to ASICS and control boards via internal cables.

Want to explain that to me?  Please provide details.

legendary
August 19, 2013, 02:26:45 PM
Hell?
August 19, 2013, 02:26:22 PM
i can be a bit of an asshole. sorry.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 19, 2013, 02:17:44 PM
yeah, this should be good.... Keenan's a "GoodGuy" tho, he's just asking imho

So, am I mistaken in thinking we could slap H20 coolers on these?
Jump to: