Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1824. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 17, 2013, 06:08:07 PM
Have they shipped anything yet? Is this still a project development donation thread like it was from day one?

what are you talking about?

They seemed to be a replica of BFL when they started this thread. Their original shipping dates were in July, I think.

who, knc? you need to check your facts sir

Yeah, they had a really early shipping date as far as I remember. Is anyone going to tell me if they have shipped?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
August 17, 2013, 06:05:01 PM
Have they shipped anything yet? Is this still a project development donation thread like it was from day one?

They seemed to be a replica of BFL when they started this thread. Their original shipping dates were in July, I think.

who, knc? you need to check your facts sir
August 17, 2013, 06:01:43 PM

Hell?
August 17, 2013, 05:59:26 PM

August 17, 2013, 05:57:24 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 17, 2013, 05:54:05 PM
BFL's page about the monarch is so delirious it seems a fake.

Um, but, like don't you have any advertising standards laws in the States? Its not just delirious, its a catalogue of lies and false promises  Angry

Breathe! This is BFL, should expect it from them I suppose. I agree, its quite some entertainment. I've just about quit watching reality TV since I joined here. This is quality time, right here, for free  Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 17, 2013, 05:41:17 PM

The ASIC mining business is going so crazy that it must collapse at some point. IMO how mining will evolve from this point is crucial for the future of BTC, maybe it will be more important than regulation, and it's not looking good.

Chill Winston, it'll level itself out. I think the time for pre-orders has been and gone though. I'm mean fine if something is out of stock and there's a waiting list, but after this gamble, for me it's strictly proven tech. It's been fun to watch and a rollercoaster to be part of, for entertainment value alone this has been worthwhile. Never seen an industry like this.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 17, 2013, 05:39:14 PM
have you seen this the Butterfly Labs Monarch
http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/
They're got to be joking... right???
They stole my idea  Grin I suggested onone of the threads a PCI form factor ASIC miner to simplify GPU farm upgrades, and now that ha e this mock-up, which looks suspiciously like AMD reference card.
In any case, 350W? 600Ghs? Removing all that heat would be an even greater challange, than with GPUs.
Provided their plans are real.

@Rampion: Agree there. Actually USB ASICs would have been the perfect solution for network decentralisation. Let every household have at least one and forego monster mners completely.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 17, 2013, 05:31:16 PM

The ASIC mining business is going so crazy that it must collapse at some point. IMO how mining will evolve from this point is crucial for the future of BTC, maybe it will be more important than regulation, and it's not looking good.
Hell?
August 17, 2013, 05:23:47 PM
So its the day after Friday.   "Saturday"  And yet you can still order the upgrade?  I thought this option was ending Friday.  Why i rushed and paid for mine.  Starting to make it feel like it was a marketing scheme to drive up there income.   Now I'm wondering if they plan on taking that option down soon.

ahem, it is now taken down. wish granted by the swedish fairies.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 17, 2013, 05:20:47 PM
I'm waiting for kncminer october sales to sell out, so I can get a cheaper november unit.
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS
August 17, 2013, 05:07:48 PM
have you seen this the Butterfly Labs Monarch
http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/
They're got to be joking... right???
Activity: 336
August 17, 2013, 04:12:30 PM

I know Bitfury is the real deal. I never doubted him, he's gone as far as proving the device and displaying a big 600gh/s rig, but you just don't know what else those chips have been made into.

ASICminer have been itching to increase their hashrate and have needed the exponential rise to do so.

Bitsyncom's chips left TSMC at the end of June, who knows where they are. Horserider apparently ordered some on  the blackmarket and they've just arrived. That seller had been in possession selling Avalon chips for a month. You can buy them today, yet none of the group buys know when to expect their chips.

There could be unknown private developers, about now could be a feasible time to expect them. We don't know.

Butterfly Labs has claimed to be shipping a lot of Jalepenos, Little Singles and a few Minirigs...

I see canaryinthemine pumping the sh%t out USB asicminers and Eruptor Blades....
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 17, 2013, 03:38:37 PM
Any theories out there on who is delivering so much hashpower to the cloud right now? Avalon? Bitfury, Both?

Well it's funny because;

Butterfly Labs would really like you to think it's them,

Bitsyncom really don't want you to think it's them,

...whilst Bitfury, and ASICminer remain silent.

Wink

We all know BitFury has tested and working chip since a month or so. What other technology is available now? Maybe theres another hidden player around?

I know Bitfury is the real deal. I never doubted him, he's gone as far as proving the device and displaying a big 600gh/s rig, but you just don't know what else those chips have been made into.

ASICminer have been itching to increase their hashrate and have needed the exponential rise to do so.

Bitsyncom's chips left TSMC at the end of June, who knows where they are. Horserider apparently ordered some on  the blackmarket and they've just arrived. That seller had been in possession selling Avalon chips for a month. You can buy them today, yet none of the group buys know when to expect their chips.

There could be unknown private developers, about now could be a feasible time to expect them. We don't know.

Butterfly Labs has claimed to be shipping a lot of Jalepenos, Little Singles and a few Minirigs...

I haven't been to the BLF forum in a while because it's like watching someone strangle kittens, but weren't they also supposed to be shipping chips by now? They may be able to manage that as it doesn't take any Ompaloompas to assemble anything.

I think that unknown private scenario might be reality one day. Only takes a rich greedy guy or group with the resources to see the money they could make short term compared to other investments and there's a load of those in China alone. Not producing to sell, but to set up a farm for their own benefit.
Activity: 47
August 17, 2013, 03:25:23 PM
So its the day after Friday.   "Saturday"  And yet you can still order the upgrade?  I thought this option was ending Friday.  Why i rushed and paid for mine.  Starting to make it feel like it was a marketing scheme to drive up there income.   Now I'm wondering if they plan on taking that option down soon.

Dude, it's a Saturday.
Well  If they didnt want to work the weekend then why did they not just give tell Monday to make upgrades.  They are the ones that gave the deadline.  Not me.
"For people wishing to take advantage of our current upgrade process you have one more week left, as of next Friday this option will no longer be available to any customers."
August 17, 2013, 03:17:47 PM

Dude, it's a Saturday.
Activity: 47
August 17, 2013, 02:51:30 PM
August 17, 2013, 02:31:20 PM
Any theories out there on who is delivering so much hashpower to the cloud right now? Avalon? Bitfury, Both?

Well it's funny because;

Wink

We all know BitFury has tested and working chip since a month or so. What other technology is available now? Maybe theres another hidden player around?

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 17, 2013, 02:22:20 PM
Yeah, like I get up every mornin' and check the chain-data, whilst scratching my head
I actually suspect a large player/manufacturer is hashing with product somewhere, with Yifu being my #1 suspect.... but I'm no psychic.
Activity: 71
August 17, 2013, 02:22:10 PM

Well it's funny because;

Wink

Jump to: