Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1820. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 19, 2013, 07:21:32 AM
The look like Arctic F TC with a custom mount:
Yes, the heatsink does look like an arctic. Googling it makes me think it could be a ARCTIC Freezer i30 CPU Cooler?

But I was asking about the case fan, bolted to the front of the case.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 19, 2013, 07:16:42 AM
Anyone know what case fan they are using? Seems to be bequiet logo.

I count 9 blades, so my guess is 140mm Silent Wings?

The look like Arctic F TC with a custom mount:
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/case-fans/75/arctic-f-tc.html?c=2183
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 19, 2013, 07:12:07 AM
Anyone know what case fan they are using? Seems to be bequiet logo.

I count 9 blades, so my guess is 140mm Silent Wings?

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
August 19, 2013, 07:04:43 AM
Roi should only be considered in terms of btc. If you bought a Jupititer when bitcoins were $70, you will most likely never make your hundred bitcojns back. What does it matter if bitcoins go to $1000? You would have had $70,000 if you hadn't bought the Jupiter, butif it only mines 50 btc then you have lost.
No. Only the price of Bitcoins at the time you buy the miner matters. Future changes in the price of Bitcoins more or less cancels out. The cost, in Bitcoins, of a particular piece of mining hardware is dependent on the price of Bitcoins. But after that, the Bitcoins mined can be compared to the cost of the miner in Bitcoins without regard for the future price of Bitcoins.

If I'm considering buying a piece of mining hardware that will cost me 50 Bitcoins today and can be expected to mine 70 Bitcoins over the next year, then it's probably a pretty good deal. The higher the price of Bitcoins, in fact, the better off I am with the miner because the lower, proportionately to the reward, the cost of electricity.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 19, 2013, 06:57:11 AM
Email today from [email protected]

KnCMiner will not be offering a ROI guarantee.

Regards,
Liam

They simply cant on OCT/NOV devices!
But If they ship at time, they can for the early ones Wink

If they do they are fools. They can't predict the exchange rate for BTC ..if it dropped massively like it did not long ago there goes the ROI doesn't it?
Big difference between 118 where we were last time I looked today and 80 where it was a while ago.
Doesn't matter when they ship if the price falls radically.

On the other hand, they could say that we'll all get ROI EVENTUALLY banking on the large rise in BTC price over a year or more that many of us think/hope will happen. Mining at a loss in the short term may prove to be worth it long term. I think most of us hope so if we hang onto our BTC.

Roi should only be considered in terms of btc. If you bought a Jupititer when bitcoins were $70, you will most likely never make your hundred bitcojns back. What does it matter if bitcoins go to $1000? You would have had $70,000 if you hadn't bought the Jupiter, butif it only mines 50 btc then you have lost.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 19, 2013, 06:53:26 AM
I'm asking myself what's the point of being an entrepreneur if the ROI is guaranteed by someone else.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 19, 2013, 06:52:06 AM
Worker password field has been added to the "Common information" page.

And they actually replied to my question re password field just this morning (question email was sent on Thursday):

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in reply. We have had a few customers request a password field and we will be adding a “Password” field to the account information page in the coming days.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Keith Gurnett
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
August 19, 2013, 06:47:54 AM
Has anyone found a Bitcoin friendly hosting company for these in the US at a reasonable price. I would like to see something around $150 per month for a Jupiter.

Yes, you can write to Elon at [email protected]  for miner hosting (or contact him through PM I think his forum nick is selon). I am in discussions with them, hosting is month to month US $220/mth for a Jupiter unit. They are located fairly close to the OrSoc offices so your unit will be picked the same day it is ready. If any other people host with them, let me know maybe we can join a "KNC expat" pool Cheesy.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 19, 2013, 05:39:18 AM

Regards,
Liam

If they do they are fools. They can't predict the exchange rate for BTC ..if it dropped massively like it did not long ago there goes the ROI doesn't it?
Big difference between 118 where we were last time I looked today and 80 where it was a while ago.
Doesn't matter when they ship if the price falls radically.

On the other hand, they could say that we'll all get ROI EVENTUALLY banking on the large rise in BTC price over a year or more that many of us think/hope will happen. Mining at a loss in the short term may prove to be worth it long term. I think most of us hope so if we hang onto our BTC.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 19, 2013, 05:33:34 AM
I'm still waiting for October to sell out, so I could buy a November unit at a cheaper price.
You realize that an extra month of mining is worth more than the price difference?

ROTFLMAO.

How early in October do you think you could get a unit at this time? I am guessing that you would be cutting it close to November if you order now. Let's say you buy a Jupiter and get a October 25th date. You would never get ROI according to http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

All the better though. It is honestly better for them to sell out closer to November and not have to pre-order so soon. It is better to get it delivered as soon as you order, so, with luck, they will never sell out of October, and I could order it in November and get it in November.

That calculator shows you a different set of results from day to day as the % increase in difficulty is altered ... and that number has been up and down like a bride's nightie for weeks now. Fact is, no-one really knows what it will be in a few months so it's a guess.
The power consumption and performance may be pessimistic too if KnC are to be believed. Assuming they are in the right ballpark with delivery in October then at least it's whole months from around this date because you'd hope that rigs could be arriving in the last third of October ?

November does look grim if we're looking at that as a delivery date. KnC said they'd reduced the price from then because of the increasing difficulty rate..although it was also related to competition...if they didn't who would buy knowing they'd never break even?

If you run a few other companies rigs through it...it produces a horror story in many cases. KnC is definitely a better option than most.
Activity: 546
August 19, 2013, 04:33:35 AM

Regards,
Liam

as far as I know, they offering refund anytime before day of shipment. this is important for me, I can calculate ROI by myself.)

Thats true, it is important for refund should there be delays in projected delivery time
Activity: 218
August 19, 2013, 04:31:58 AM

Regards,
Liam

Activity: 532
August 19, 2013, 04:28:22 AM

Regards,
Liam

as far as I know, they offering refund anytime before day of shipment. this is important for me, I can calculate ROI by myself.)

Yeah the 'ROI guarantee' is just offered as a shady enticement to lock funds into a non-refundable gamble. If the chips are massively late in those instances you cannot refund, but you will get more chips, requiring to purchase more hardware that may well mean you still see no return. I'd sooner pick earlier delivery, with an undersigned third party protection, and a chance to tackle the increasing hashrate earlier.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
August 19, 2013, 04:23:13 AM

Regards,
Liam

Activity: 692
August 19, 2013, 04:20:38 AM

Regards,
Liam
Activity: 238
August 19, 2013, 02:18:22 AM
Is the word may in your sentence above an indication of that you think this is something they should do, or that you have heard somewhere that they might supply vectors and run test on the tester?

I have no idea what they're actually going to do. I assume they know what they're doing.

I would also think you'd still need to pay for the whole wafer space even if your chip doesn't work, right? So getting rid of defective chips wouldn't actually save them $200, right? I figured it would only save them the cost of the PCB, and possibly add more time to their schedule.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 19, 2013, 02:08:37 AM
Will you quit quoting eve?  Most of us have him on ignore.  Little Eddie can go screw himself for all most of us care.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 19, 2013, 01:07:16 AM
Does anyone know where you can view your reseller info? Like stats on links or number sold? I emailed them but they never replied back.

Try email them again. ATM the members are discussing about water cooling block, psu and power consumption and casing, But not looking at the chips release date.

You better off writing to them again and pray hard for a reply. Is sad I know, no updates for weeks and you don't know how is the chips production status and they plan to shipped on September 2013?

Today is already August 19th 2013 and No Updates.

Get Ready to do your Re...d Button. Hit it hard if really no news by August 31st 2013. Just HOPE is not another Avalon.
Please tell me you're not serious.
eve
Activity: 210
August 19, 2013, 12:41:14 AM
Does anyone know where you can view your reseller info? Like stats on links or number sold? I emailed them but they never replied back.

Try email them again. ATM the members are discussing about water cooling block, psu and power consumption and casing, But not looking at the chips release date.

You better off writing to them again and pray hard for a reply. Is sad I know, no updates for weeks and you don't know how is the chips production status and they plan to shipped on September 2013?

Today is already August 19th 2013 and No Updates.

Get Ready to do your Re...d Button. Hit it hard if really no news by August 31st 2013. Just HOPE is not another Avalon.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
August 19, 2013, 12:28:41 AM
I was actually thinking of starting a hosting service in NorthWest USA if there was enough interest. Would be miner friendly. 200/month, with a 3 month commitment for jupiters, and 150 for saturns, 100 for mercury.
Hosting would be available shortly after knc products start shipping, and would be exclusive to knc customers.  But would need be up-front to make it happen. ATX's available separate, or send own.

Elect is the biggest cost for colo. Colo places have to make money. Since you do not need much bandwidth there is no mark up there. So you need elect AND cooling. 200 a month is like breaking even for a colo place with a 3 month commit. 300 with a 12 month contract might do it but i am not sure i would want to make that deal unless it was in quantity. On top of that you would also want remote hands or remote reboot abilities and setup adding to the cost.

I work for a colo/isp.
Jump to: