Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1836. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 15, 2013, 02:12:41 PM
They did ask why I wanted a refund and I simply told them because Bitcoinorama is a ass hole to people on this thread and since he is a spokesperson for them, I wanted Nothing to do with Knc any longer.  

What is it with people like Josh and now Bitcoinorama..  Bunch of no good SOB Used Car Salesmen if you ask me..

Anyway thanks again Bitcoinorama for helping me make up my mind..

It is better that you get out of the bitcoin game while you are ahead. I seen too many good bitcoin peeps go to prison or get washed up and burnt out because they went against the big centralize banking business. You are a smart man. Just live a normal life. It is dangerous out here.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
August 15, 2013, 02:07:12 PM
I just wanted to report back(Even though most of you are ass holes) That I just got a Reply back from Knc that they are processing my Refund..

Thank you Knc...

Good luck to the rest of you Suckers......

At least you could get a refund from them, that in my book is light years ahead of BFL and Avalon's practices.

they gave me a refund too.  but they did ask questions, which imo is related to the new reseller programs and decreased Nov pricing.

They did ask why I wanted a refund and I simply told them because Bitcoinorama is a ass hole to people on this thread and since he is a spokesperson for them, I wanted Nothing to do with Knc any longer.  

What is it with people like Josh and now Bitcoinorama..  Bunch of no good SOB Used Car Salesmen if you ask me..

you have some serious anger issues.
August 15, 2013, 02:05:57 PM
Seriously, though, doesn't sample boards by next week mean that they are ahead of schedule rather than behind?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 15, 2013, 02:05:52 PM
I just wanted to report back(Even though most of you are ass holes) That I just got a Reply back from Knc that they are processing my Refund..

Thank you Knc...

At least you could get a refund from them, that in my book is light years ahead of BFL and Avalon's practices.

they gave me a refund too.  but they did ask questions, which imo is related to the new reseller programs and decreased Nov pricing.

Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 15, 2013, 02:00:01 PM
KNCMINER said they are going to ship my unit Tomorrow and your guys unit the next month.

August 15, 2013, 01:58:29 PM
KNCMINER said they are going to ship my unit Tomorrow and your guys unit the next month.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
August 15, 2013, 01:36:33 PM

Thank you Knc...

they gave me a refund too.  but they did ask questions, which imo is related to the new reseller programs and decreased Nov pricing.
Activity: 238
August 15, 2013, 01:36:28 PM
With this tight of a schedule they may not get the chips individually sent to their offices....if I were them they would go direct to the pcb/assembly and I would get the first few assembled boards sent for validation before authorizing the full run.

Why would you bring the chips, components, bare pcb's etc all to Sweden before sending them back to China, Taiwan or wherever for assembly?
You just lose time in transit that way and risk delays due to customs paperwork.

To save time and reduce risk of delays, duh.

I seriously doubt they would bother with pcb assembly in Sweden when the pcb houses are the cheapest over there, assembly is cheapest there, components are a magnitude cheaper there. The final assembly into cases etc may be done in Sweden....that I would probably do locally.

It's not like you need cheap labor to make PCBs, It's all done by machine, and they are only going to need a few thousand.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
August 15, 2013, 01:33:43 PM

Thank you Knc...

How long did it take you to get a reply I sent them an email yesterday. These units are pretty much going to be doa since most likely they will ship by end of september due to KNCs wording in the  upcomming weeks. All orders placed now will ship in October meaning full shipping will commence sometime right before October. Even if you get them mid September you can make some money just not worth it really.

Best thing to do is wait for the price/roi wars to start between manufacterers.

What other ASIC manufacturers are stating deliveries in October and how likely is it that they will do it?

HashFast.  we'll see.
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
August 15, 2013, 01:21:27 PM
These refunds are an interesting development. They might also be the reason for KnC's reseller program announcement.

I see this as a good thing, I have October orders, and according to the open day write up Sam says they are not shipping in batches. The more people refund ahead of me the better.

I believe 4 pentahash (10x current) over the next few months is inevitable assuming a 200+500TH pools, KnC, ASICMiner, Hashfast and Avalon, bitfury, cointerra, etc. That would "only" give a difficulty of 500 million, where 400GH generates $1100/month

Even if that doubles to 8 pentahash, 400GH earns over $650/month.

I don't believe from 8 pentahash the network hash rate will continue to grow by 90%/month.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 15, 2013, 01:04:22 PM

Thank you Knc...

How long did it take you to get a reply I sent them an email yesterday. These units are pretty much going to be doa since most likely they will ship by end of september due to KNCs wording in the  upcomming weeks. All orders placed now will ship in October meaning full shipping will commence sometime right before October. Even if you get them mid September you can make some money just not worth it really.

What other ASIC manufacturers are stating deliveries in October and how likely is it that they will do it?
Activity: 200
August 15, 2013, 01:00:07 PM
IMHO These guys are doing a better job then most!
Did I read that post correctly? They actually gave a refund?? I thought that BFL said that that was impossible Smiley
Compliments up to now. Just hope that they really deliver on time as nobody has been able to do that yet but lets see...
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
August 15, 2013, 12:36:07 PM

Thank you Knc...

How long did it take you to get a reply I sent them an email yesterday. These units are pretty much going to be doa since most likely they will ship by end of september due to KNCs wording in the  upcomming weeks. All orders placed now will ship in October meaning full shipping will commence sometime right before October. Even if you get them mid September you can make some money just not worth it really.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 15, 2013, 12:27:58 PM

Thank you Knc...

Thank God, good riddens, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
Activity: 14
August 15, 2013, 12:03:54 PM
And if there were actually big money involved in Bitcoin (which there isn't yet), we would be turning whole skycrapers into our custom datacenters rather than worrying about how would our units fit. The HFT guys are doing this already (start watching from 10:37 to get my point):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaFwnOiKVE

Many thanks LightRider for bringing this eye-opening video to bitcointalk:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.415446

thx for vid but i don't understand what exactly is this guy trying to say, what's the ultimate point he is trying to make?
i watched it and seemed incoherent like he was stringing things together and just stitching some conclusion together at the end
can anyone enlighten me

Essentially, the guy is showing how algorithms, that started from merely describing our reality (e.g. by means of numerical simulations), are now re-shaping our world. His conclusion is that we can't treat realms, which exist only in computer memory, as "less real" then the world of physical particles around us, as they both happen to strongly influence each other and they're both part of the very nature itself (as a consequence of whole human civilization, including all its artifacts, being a result of natural evolution).
Activity: 210
August 15, 2013, 11:42:01 AM

Thank you Knc...

August 15, 2013, 11:25:21 AM

Thank you Knc...

August 15, 2013, 10:36:58 AM
On a side note... Change is a brewin folks..

http://www.coindesk.com/us-senate-committee-initiates-inquiry-into-bitcoin-and-virtual-currencies/

Wonder how this is going to affect the rate in the coming months..  Huh

Also, are their any threads regarding KNC customer pools forming for those not doing the hosting? If so, please link.

If not , would anybody be interested in starting a thread for this?

One of my biggest concerns is being in a pool that actually finds blocks in a timely manner. Been using polmine.pl, however I don't think they are gonna be able to play with all the big dogs taking over, and I have my doubts about 50btc.com
August 15, 2013, 10:07:32 AM
Cooling case material and appearance aside.  Here is the real issue.  These were supposed to be professional mining machines.  I have yet to see a 4U machine with an external power supply.  Further, in an average cabinet, where would you put said external power supply and be able to close the door?  Do we just have to eat rackspace and deal with cable management for 3cm bundles per machine?   Seems like a nightmare.  I have to be honest, I've got a fairly sizable order with them and at this point I'm debating asking for a refund and/or selling them.  Their product is starting to look more and more like the cobbled stacks of FPGA boards on stand-offs with fans zip tied to them and USB hubs taped everywhere, not that they're doing this, but it has the design and foresight of.

-1 KnC Miner.

They are not 4RU they are 200mm, they were not designed as rack mount devices. Most data center rack shelves are up to 900mm deep, lots of space for the miner and PSU.  If you can't deal with it, then you shouldn't be putting a mining rig in a data center the first place. These are not for amateurs, you probably don't even understand your insurance obligations.

Who permanently places equipment on shelves?  That's amateurish.  Maybe you should zip tie the PSU to the rail or stack them on stand offs.......

Also, so 5U not 4U...  the point is, what uses an external power supply that is supposed to be rackmounted other than 1U appliances?

Why the hell would this be an issue for anyone??! If anything this was a GOOD IDEA - PSU's puts off fucktons of heat under load, more heat = less efficiency = less hash rate.  Why are you complaining about this?!

Give me an external PSU option any day - this shit ain't for looks.

Also, if you still want to sell your unit, let me know before friday. I'll buy it at for the purchase value + fees via Paypal, This offer is open to anyone else who wants to jump ship as well.
Activity: 14
August 15, 2013, 08:57:32 AM
There are good reasons not to have an internal PSU, additional expense, more heat to get rid off, and there is no problem convincing customs that it's not a mains power device that requires certification. If you need other cases, have them made and perhaps sell them on eBay as well. All the BFL models except the 500GH/s use external power supplies.

- The cost savings between the slightly smaller case can't be all that significant - I bet that any standard configuration, ordered in bulk is <$50.
- A high quality (gold rated) PSU will generate little additional heat inside the case and is obviously easy enough to design for servers with far larger power requirements.
- Customs is either going to want to open the case and look inside or they aren't. I can't imagine the size of the case nor the amount of free space inside will convince them one way or another.
- yes, the components could be moved to a case, but that takes extra time and money that shouldn't be needed. All Avalon units allow for an internal PSU. Yeah, they got stuck in customs - no I have no idea whether this is part of the reason.

I don't buy those reasons as justification - I still see this as a less efficient way to run 100+ of these units in a large operation. For the small miner (myself included) it's no issue - it's the serious mining operations that won't be as thrilled.

Hey, let's be realistic: it's all about squeezing the revenue, rather than having nice and pretty boxes!

Someone about to run a 100+ unit operation certainly wouldn't give a sh*t about placement of the PSUs, as long as the machines gave him advantage in terms of hashing power/$ and hashing power/kW. These would be the only two qualities that mattered, really. Yeah, of course there are many important things like warranty, return policy, company transparency and its level of expertise in a field, but certainly not PSU placement!

And if there were actually big money involved in Bitcoin (which there isn't yet), we would be turning whole skycrapers into our custom datacenters rather than worrying about how would our units fit. The HFT guys are doing this already (start watching from 10:37 to get my point):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaFwnOiKVE

Many thanks LightRider for bringing this eye-opening video to bitcointalk:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.415446
Jump to: