Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1843. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 14, 2013, 12:32:15 PM
With an external PSU and flying molex connectors I doubt that many "colo" datacenters will be happy to host it.

It's also quite big, a 42 units rack will get quickly filled Sad

Due power usage, 6 per rack is "max/recommended" anyway. So its not a problem.

Power usage has nothing to do with how much you can fit in a rack. Thermal, on the other hand, does (which,  yes, is related to power, but certainly when you spec out what you can fit in a rack, you do not go and check the wattage on everything). Most data centers can give you whatever you need for amperage/voltage, as long as you are willing to pay.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 14, 2013, 12:30:11 PM
You got what you asked for, a thousand words in images, said with minimal text. Lol.

Roll Eyes

dont want to spoil the party, but where are the chips?

Dude, tell me that's not a serious question. Please.
Activity: 602
August 14, 2013, 12:30:01 PM
With an external PSU and flying molex connectors I doubt that many "colo" datacenters will be happy to host it.

Due power usage, 6 per rack is "max/recommended" anyway. So its not a problem.
Activity: 210
August 14, 2013, 12:28:51 PM

I was thinking this as well. It certainly does not look as "rack friendly" as they were originally claiming, especially if the PSU is not housed within the unit.
Activity: 493
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
August 14, 2013, 12:27:30 PM
Without intending to sound too negative, I'm sure things are going great for these guys, but that is a bit of an underwhelming update isn't it? Reminds me of TerraHash's July 5th update. It does look like a good, solid case mind you - wouldn't want to get hit over the head with one of them!

It's amazing how there's always beef, and dissatisfaction, no matter the update. Two days ago they were;

"a scam, words mean nothing, pictures are worth a thousand words", and; "we want case pics!!"

Now, and without warning, pictures of casing, received by a mix of 'hurrah', and 'grumble, grumble...'.

You got what you asked for, a thousand words in images, said with minimal text. Lol.

Thought I might get a bit of a cold response to that Wink. Seriously, no offence to these guys, I guess I'm just excited to see what they can produce. Like a little kid at Christmas I'm just impatient to see what Father Christmas has put under the tree and I can't help feeling that I've just been told that it's not time to get up yet Grin.

BTW - for the record, I've never called KnC a scam or asked for case pics. Although you're right that many people have, so this should be just what they are after right?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
August 14, 2013, 12:26:32 PM

Roll Eyes

dont want to spoil the party, but where are the chips?
Activity: 588
August 14, 2013, 12:25:01 PM

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
August 14, 2013, 12:22:41 PM
Noob question here but knc said there would be an RJ45 connector on the case to presumable connect directly to your router. I assumed the machine would connect directly to a computer (which is connected wirelessly to a router in my case) via usb where you would then set up cgminer to connect to whatever pool you were on.
Can someone explain exactly how these new fangled Asic machines are set up?

I expect a web interface similar to a router.

Early on (June 3rd) I asked about ssh access to my hosted jupiters.  Sam replied:

"Yes ssh access would be allowed inside our hosting environment we will announce more details in the coming weeks via a news letter"

So maybe there's a shell involved too.
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
August 14, 2013, 12:19:24 PM
Noob question here but knc said there would be an RJ45 connector on the case to presumable connect directly to your router. I assumed the machine would connect directly to a computer (which is connected wirelessly to a router in my case) via usb where you would then set up cgminer to connect to whatever pool you were on.

Ahhhh . don't know why I didn't think of that. tks
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 14, 2013, 12:14:18 PM

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 14, 2013, 12:13:45 PM
I am glad that there is an update. knc will try to stick to its targets and I sure hope they will succeed.
However, with the current difficulty increases of 30-35% every 10 days for at least a few months (before the field levels) any hope for profits (even marginal ones) is overoptimistic.
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
August 14, 2013, 12:13:22 PM
August 14, 2013, 12:12:53 PM
kncminers update:

Without intending to sound too negative, I'm sure things are going great for these guys, but that is a bit of an underwhelming update isn't it? Reminds me of TerraHash's July 5th update. It does look like a good, solid case mind you - wouldn't want to get hit over the head with one of them!

It's amazing how there's always beef, and dissatisfaction, no matter the update. Two days ago they were;

"a scam, words mean nothing, pictures are worth a thousand words", and; "we want case pics!!"

Now, and without warning, pictures of casing, received by a mix of 'hurrah', and 'grumble, grumble...'.

Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 14, 2013, 12:11:29 PM

good, Does anyone know the measurements of the case ?

I think the fans are 8cm, so guess 10-12cm for the heat sink, work off that. Looks standard ATX sizing to me.
Activity: 752
August 14, 2013, 12:11:16 PM

Only KNC really knows.  Judging by the hand print on the right case, I'd say about 18"x24".
That's 46X61cm for you metric werdos Tongue
Activity: 493
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
August 14, 2013, 12:07:40 PM
kncminers update:

Activity: 127
August 14, 2013, 12:01:50 PM

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
Jump to: