Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1846. (Read 3049501 times)

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 14, 2013, 07:33:58 AM
While the customers and people interested to obtain answers for valid inquires where discussing here, someone from KnCminer was busy using pre-order funds to advertise in this forum:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2926870

Still, no responses for all valid question in this thread...

Roll Eyes

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 14, 2013, 06:18:07 AM
Was thinking more of a demonstration or images instead of a BFL trademarked "we're almost done".
If you'd read the thread you might know that they're not doing the work in-house themselves (thank god).

The chips are likely being shipped straight to the PCB installer and hardware case guys, who, perhaps, ships them to us or another company doing order fulfillment, dunno. Shortly after they're complete, KNC will get their first units for demo, testing, and send out to Kano and the like.

If you see pictures of a working KNC miner it likely means that shipment is either nigh or already happening.
August 14, 2013, 06:15:47 AM
Fingers crossed, hopefully they're on schedule enough to deliver later orders in September as well? Cheesy
Margins on margins. Maybe they'll surprise us with a mid September ship date. It'd be an early Christmas, and a fresh drink of water in what's been a very stale ASIC market lately among certain unmentionable companies and names >_>
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
August 14, 2013, 06:13:00 AM
kncminer

Activity: 52

Bringing new ASIC miners to life

View Profile WWW Email Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: jelin1984 on: August 13, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
Quote from: jelin1984 on August 13, 2013, 07:52:12 PM
Do you think that knc will production in time 28 nm chips?

We have no delays as of today and we are not expecting any at all. so yes we will deliever our boxes as promised in September.

Was thinking more of a demonstration or images instead of a BFL trademarked "we're almost done".
Activity: 251
August 14, 2013, 05:27:36 AM
kncminer

We have no delays as of today and we are not expecting any at all. so yes we will deliever our boxes as promised in September.

Fingers crossed, hopefully they're on schedule enough to deliver later orders in September as well? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 14, 2013, 05:25:01 AM
Apologies is this have been covered - if so, I've missed it. Has anyone asked if the software will be capable of supporting a primary and secondary pool? This is fairly standard functionality in cgminer and other products, so I'd imagine so, but still wise to ask.

Per KNC:

"We are expecting to ship our devices with CGminer ready to use. So it will have the same configuration possiblilities."

This leads me to believe that the web interface (presuming they have one) will be for basic functionality while advanced functionality will be available through linux shell (SSH). Looking forward to seeing this when it's finished.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
August 14, 2013, 05:01:16 AM
kncminer

Activity: 144
August 14, 2013, 04:49:27 AM
FYI, I've emailed them asking to include the TripleMining.com pool in the list of the pre-configurable pools.
Just in case someone is wondering if someone already did it… Smiley
Activity: 434
August 14, 2013, 04:25:53 AM
There will be no gen2 chip for a while. Bitcoin asic Chips will stay the same for another 2 years. 14nm will be live maybe late  next year for the big boys(intel , Samsung). So well just see these companies fight it out to sell the cheapest 28nm chips/miner.
August 14, 2013, 03:22:46 AM
To complicate things, around March Gen2 is scheduled. Get the new stuff ASAP and get RID of the older stuff ASAP would likely be the more lucrative plan? Why have dollars tied up making almost nothing when the latest rigs can pump out BTC more economically and make you more?
I'm not sure there'll be a Gen-2 at this rate. When even Cointerra can barely make the numbers look attractive for November how will KNC make March'14 work?

What's it gonna be, 100 terahertz at 1 watt per terahash for $199? lol. You'd probably need something that extreme for it to make sense (I exaggerate of course). But at that point you'll be back to looking at an ROI in the years, not weeks, again. So, the rush will officially be over by the end of this year.

We'll be hitting up against hardware costs and bitcoin-mining profit will be just over electricity costs--as usual.

Until the next big BTC-price gain! Hopefully in 2017.
Activity: 251
August 14, 2013, 03:09:24 AM
Assuming that the first month to 6 weeks will return the best results whenever these rigs are delivered, an option might be to bang yours on Ebay after that period with a reasonable reserve and see if you can do better than it would mining? Maybe fund your gen2  machine a little while it's worth something. I've seen people pay stupid money for machines not half as good as these and not even in hand. You never know, and if no-one bites no harm done.

We could all look at it like that versus this right?  (its all still speculation)

USD 15040 total dollars returned from mining in October with Jupiter  = 7200 price and shipping for jupiter + it makes money until July 2014 which is roughly 7840 dollars of profit at that! therefore (http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/b4f90fa51a)

if you buy it for the sake of the argument at 100 dollars an throw in a fee we could say 71.92 BTC for that same $7200.  So 15040 USD/71.92 BTC that could have been held instead of mining..the bitcoin cost per USD only needs to be 209.12.  Lets say that you buy in right now instead around 111 USD each.   You only need the price to hit 231.88 to see the same profit you WOULD HAVE if you bought a KNC Jupiter - clearly if you plan to gamble some money...gambling says to ask if BTC price plans to be around 220 ish dollars between now and July of Next year.  If you think If will not...then you will gain more from buying Miners and mining BTC along with other alts as they have the chance to appreciate later in the future and less people are willing to invest time or fiat into it which would influence the cost.  If you think it could reach this price or higher before July of 2014 then I'd say to Buy the btc and sell it at or near that price after trading fees are calculated (both on the Buy and Sell side).  It would have the potential to either appreciate higher or you could sell it again then rebuy it.  I don't see BTC going into a super high demand over even fiat unless its accepted mainstream a LOT more - like earn btc and pay your cell phone bill, cable bill, car insurance bill DIRECT with btc, no exhange to fiat involved.

I'd feel like the sweetspot to sell should be week 3 in June 2014 if and only if there isnt a flooded 2ndary market already. (ebay amazon craigslist bitmit.net)

To complicate things, around March Gen2 is scheduled. Get the new stuff ASAP and get RID of the older stuff ASAP would likely be the more lucrative plan? Why have dollars tied up making almost nothing when the latest rigs can pump out BTC more economically and make you more?

I wonder if www.bitcoinminerpsychotherapist.com is taken?

If KNC delivery my Mercury on time and it's hashing nicely, I'm planning on purchasing Gen2 as soon as available. Depending on my judgement of the market at that time, and trends of course...
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 14, 2013, 02:36:30 AM
Assuming that the first month to 6 weeks will return the best results whenever these rigs are delivered, an option might be to bang yours on Ebay after that period with a reasonable reserve and see if you can do better than it would mining? Maybe fund your gen2  machine a little while it's worth something. I've seen people pay stupid money for machines not half as good as these and not even in hand. You never know, and if no-one bites no harm done.

We could all look at it like that versus this right?  (its all still speculation)

USD 15040 total dollars returned from mining in October with Jupiter  = 7200 price and shipping for jupiter + it makes money until July 2014 which is roughly 7840 dollars of profit at that! therefore (http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/b4f90fa51a)

if you buy it for the sake of the argument at 100 dollars an throw in a fee we could say 71.92 BTC for that same $7200.  So 15040 USD/71.92 BTC that could have been held instead of mining..the bitcoin cost per USD only needs to be 209.12.  Lets say that you buy in right now instead around 111 USD each.   You only need the price to hit 231.88 to see the same profit you WOULD HAVE if you bought a KNC Jupiter - clearly if you plan to gamble some money...gambling says to ask if BTC price plans to be around 220 ish dollars between now and July of Next year.  If you think If will not...then you will gain more from buying Miners and mining BTC along with other alts as they have the chance to appreciate later in the future and less people are willing to invest time or fiat into it which would influence the cost.  If you think it could reach this price or higher before July of 2014 then I'd say to Buy the btc and sell it at or near that price after trading fees are calculated (both on the Buy and Sell side).  It would have the potential to either appreciate higher or you could sell it again then rebuy it.  I don't see BTC going into a super high demand over even fiat unless its accepted mainstream a LOT more - like earn btc and pay your cell phone bill, cable bill, car insurance bill DIRECT with btc, no exhange to fiat involved.

I'd feel like the sweetspot to sell should be week 3 in June 2014 if and only if there isnt a flooded 2ndary market already. (ebay amazon craigslist bitmit.net)

I wonder if www.bitcoinminerpsychotherapist.com is taken?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
August 14, 2013, 01:25:32 AM

August 14, 2013, 12:54:13 AM
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
August 14, 2013, 12:18:08 AM
So its mid August and September is approaching.  Any _technical_ updates from KNC?

+1
Those babys dont come out of nothing. At this stage, giving theres a reasonable plan at place , we should have some real technical update. We dont need videos but we need to know what progress has been made so far. Unless KNC have magic quantum box where all Jupiters pop out of magnetic flux.
Activity: 125
August 13, 2013, 11:59:03 PM
So its mid August and September is approaching.  Any _technical_ updates from KNC?
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 13, 2013, 11:55:39 PM
If I had to guess (which we are all doing at this point), you will need to fake out the PSU.

Save yourself $2 and use a paperclip and some electrical tape.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2916946
Activity: 346
August 13, 2013, 11:43:13 PM
I've seen it asked a few times, but I didn't see any answers for it, and I haven't found any info on it my self but does anyone know how the whole use your own PSU is going to work? Any details released on that? Is it going to be like on a computer where there's a 20-pin plug for the mother board, and separate plug for the chip (like for GPUs)/fan/etc. Or do we need to manipulate the PSU to work without the motherboard connecter plugged in? Like using a PSU Power bridge? ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATX-20-pin-PSU-Power-Supply-Bridge-Over-Plug-Starter-/151098748117?pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item232e2fecd5 )

August 13, 2013, 11:33:26 PM

My comprehension of the posts is this. The thought is that for KNC to ship in September, you know less than 30 days, they should have a prototype of pcbs, case, anything at least like bitfury does with thier boards.

way back when, when KNC was explaining themselves, they mentioned that they were surprised no one else did what they are doing now...  that is the main reason they have been pretty quite - and after plenty of researching, I ended up trusting them.  

If you don't have that level of trust, no proof besides shipping is going to convince anyone anyway.  

I hedged my bet with 0% interest credit cards..  and I actually get 1% cash back so I am up $150 at this point

do whatever you need to sleep at night, but these guys have their gameplan and they are sticking to it.   If they fail, we'll know in a month

I agree, what they said seemed different from others, more of a solid plan from start to finish and with all aspects they had control over covered well.
We knew the risks, we even knew that it was possible that they may run into a problem to delay delivery...or we didn't understand that can happen with any product. Tough for us that this game has the sudden urgency built into it around now.

I think that anyone looking for a fast profit needs to forget mining for a while and trade BTC , anyone who likes to mine for a hobbyist thrill should look into other coins, and those who don't want a gamble should just buy them and not risk not making ROI with a rig. There are so many options there's really one for everyone and no need to whine and pick at the decisions of others.

As for Bitcoinorama, his time and effort to give some 1st hand impressions were invaluable to me, helped me make a decision. How that turns out is my problem (and outside anyone's control most likely) not his. I'm grateful for the effort either way.

We're all in now. GL all Wink
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
August 13, 2013, 10:46:07 PM
Hey, what are some Pools you guys would recommend I join?
I'm currently gpu mining at btcguild, but once I get my knc I wanna change pools for decentralization purposes.
I'm in the USA.
So far, bitparking and eclipsemc look pretty good.  

I'm on BTCGuild now, and have to say I had terrible experiences with Ozcoin.  I'd skip them if you were trying out new pools.  Just my opinion, that's all.

_theJestre
Jump to: