Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1864. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 10, 2013, 01:34:11 PM
Has the question about missing password field been answered?
For example, BitMinter requires a valid password for its worker.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
August 10, 2013, 01:20:06 PM
Yeah but what is a "Wallet Id"?  Do they mean a "Bitcoin Address" for solo mining?

ugh, i see what you mean pheonix
Activity: 824
Merit: 712
August 10, 2013, 01:15:57 PM
Yeah but what is a "Wallet Id"?  Do they mean a "Bitcoin Address" for solo mining?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 12:26:53 PM
So, You'd trust them with thousands of dollars for months at a time, but you don't trust them to program your miner?
I was shocked to see peeps asking what a workername & pool was. OMG, those individuals need to think about another investment.
Or maybe someone should offer "Bitcoin 101 for Dummies"... No insult intended.
The scenarios mentioned here are ridiculous, Why would someone mine for you & send the BTC to your account? Its not like anyone can "Charge" your account
Having the wallet address doesn't give them access to your wallet.
Nor does anyone intend on using your miners workername to mine for you.
You can only SEND TO in Bitcoin, NOT Withdraw FROM. Your wallet.dat file is all you should worry about. Back it up.
Also  YES, the miners will be WEB GUI, It's been mentioned several times.
KS
Activity: 448
August 10, 2013, 11:42:30 AM

Is anyone aware of any other company offering hosting service for the Jupiters based in Sweden too other than KnCMiner's hosting?

anotherhost.se

I think the contact address for this was [email protected]
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
August 10, 2013, 11:14:07 AM
At 20% difficulty increase, your ASIC deivce will earn 5x its income of the first difficulty period (total income in those 12 days) during its life time. A jupiter will make 16 coins in the first period if it is delivered in the beginning of October, and 80 coins during its life span, that's the cost when you purchased it

The storm is coming  Grin

The simulation on  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/  shows it earn around 50 coins if it is operational on the beginning of Nov. And halving the coin every 2 months.

What number you plug in for the difficulty?

I don't know what should I input since they use month as a period count, each difficulty period is about 12 days, one month have 2.5 period, but you never change the difficulty between the adjustment. Anyway, the reward is cut by half after 3 times 20% difficulty increase, and for 5 times such increase( 2 months), reward will be cut by 67%. In four month, reward will be 1/10 of the first period, anything after that can be ignored

P.S. I just tested, that page has an error for the first month income, it does not reduce the income for the second and third period in the first month, so the first month income is all based on the first period difficulty, from second month it is about 20% increase per period (monthly increase of 43%)
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 10, 2013, 10:28:12 AM
Bitfury miners are hashing.  Hope we're not too far behind!

https://ghash.io/

Congrats to Metabank!
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 10, 2013, 10:24:49 AM
Bitfury miners are hashing.  Hope we're not too far behind!

https://ghash.io/

Activity: 630
August 10, 2013, 10:21:44 AM
If I buy as Bosnian citizen and chose KNC hosting what would be final amount (VAT and that stuff)
Interested if that q. is answered?
Since the miner doesn't leave Sweden, I think I will have to pay for (miner + VAT) + (hosting + VAT) ??
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 10, 2013, 09:24:19 AM
BitMinter (https://bitminter.com)
Nice stats and info on the progress. Merged mining with NMC for a little extra income. Not too big (yet).

Activity: 574
August 10, 2013, 09:22:00 AM
Forgive me if I missed this, but how are we going to change this information once its entered? Will the miner have some sort of browser-based interface like a router does, to access over your local network?

Anyone have an opinion on a good pool and why? It's been a while since I've mined... Bitcoins...   : /
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 10, 2013, 08:13:29 AM
Anyone know what to put in the pool worker field if one choose kncpool?

That setup is a little weird.  The pool as far as I know isn't open yet to register your account.  So, if you put in an account name now before the pool is open, it is possible that someone could snake you as soon as the pool starts accepting registrations and register your account name.  If you then weren't paying attention, you could start of mining to someone else's account.  It would be trivial to loop through all of the previous posters of this thread and register their usernames.

I would suggest not entering the info in if you are using the kncpool until you actually register a pool account.

As to your question, the worker name is simply an identifier for you to tell the difference between multiple miners.  It's just a descriptive name that means something to you... it could literally be any text.

You can't mine off their pool without their hosting.  I'm guessing they will only accept connections from their internal IP block.

Wouldn't it make sense for them to set that all up and send you the info, you just giving them your wallet details?
They're going to have a lot to do so it would be faster and there'd be less chance of mistakes?   
legendary
Activity: 1067
August 10, 2013, 08:06:29 AM
At 20% difficulty increase, your ASIC deivce will earn 5x its income of the first difficulty period (total income in those 12 days) during its life time. A jupiter will make 16 coins in the first period if it is delivered in the beginning of October, and 80 coins during its life span, that's the cost when you purchased it

The storm is coming  Grin

The simulation on  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/  shows it earn around 50 coins if it is operational on the beginning of Nov. And halving the coin every 2 months.

What number you plug in for the difficulty?

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 10, 2013, 07:29:42 AM
When you think about it, how many people were swayed by all the info Bitcoinorama posted at preorder time.  If everything goes well and Sept/Oct units have shipped-- I think KNC should add a survey to the website and ask 'Did Bitcoinorama's postings help you decide to purchase' and give that man 1 unit!  It's only fair. 

Smiley

That's true, but I think they should also send Josh one too.
His attitude made my mind up. The complete opposite of KnC.
If not for him and the efforts made by Bitcoinorama I'd be waiting for a BFL brick to arrive in 2014 now.
Close shave doesn't cover it.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
August 10, 2013, 07:28:34 AM

The storm is coming  Grin

legendary
Activity: 994
August 10, 2013, 02:33:31 AM

That setup is a little weird.  The pool as far as I know isn't open yet to register your account.  So, if you put in an account name now before the pool is open, it is possible that someone could snake you as soon as the pool starts accepting registrations and register your account name.  If you then weren't paying attention, you could start of mining to someone else's account.  It would be trivial to loop through all of the previous posters of this thread and register their usernames.

I would suggest not entering the info in if you are using the kncpool until you actually register a pool account.

As to your question, the worker name is simply an identifier for you to tell the difference between multiple miners.  It's just a descriptive name that means something to you... it could literally be any text.

You can't mine off their pool without their hosting.  I'm guessing they will only accept connections from their internal IP block.
Activity: 446
August 10, 2013, 02:29:06 AM

I was wondering the same thing, are you able to mine with KNC's pool without hosting by them. I'll fire off a email and get a answer.
legendary
Activity: 1067
August 10, 2013, 01:35:58 AM

Activity: 251
August 10, 2013, 12:32:11 AM
Will I be right with KNC's $129 shipping to Australia? Do I need to worry about Customs or anything like that? I'll do my own research, but any advice is appreciated if you've shipped before. I haven't shipped anything this large internationally.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2132715&p=3

Thanks, I'll take a look. I have no idea how the Customs process works.
Activity: 692
August 09, 2013, 11:18:43 PM
Will I be right with KNC's $129 shipping to Australia? Do I need to worry about Customs or anything like that? I'll do my own research, but any advice is appreciated if you've shipped before. I haven't shipped anything this large internationally.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2132715&p=3
Jump to: