Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1943. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250
I hate my family
Wondering if this news release will cause an influx of new orders/upgrades or not. Or it doesn't say much yet. Thoughts? Anyone pushing the upgrade button?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
My point being: 90 mm2 was probably a misunderstanding or a spontaneous urban myth in the first place.

In this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-je8XRCdY

Marcus was claiming a 90x90 package size or bigger. I don't know what in the world he was thinking.
Thanks for the reference.  I wasn't accusing you of making that up.  I'd heard references to absurd dimensions before, which had spawned long, if occasionally interesting, pissing contents, I just didn't recall that one.

Again, I'm glad they're putting out some stuff on paper, to avoid such things (Marcus could have been answering in a pcb-level context for the word 'package': who knows).  This way, there's less we have to try to filter though an external smell-tester/sanity checker.
Activity: 462
My point being: 90 mm2 was probably a misunderstanding or a spontaneous urban myth in the first place.

In this video

Marcus was claiming a 90x90 package size or bigger. I don't know what in the world he was thinking.

there is a loud minority that just wants to waste their time and act like a 4 year old saying 'but what's that mean'..  oh..'but what's that mean'... oh.. etc

I sent them an email thanking them for ignoring a lot of the doubters and just stay on course - it was good that they said it in a nice way as 'if that means we get less orders now, but more later...'

that is a nice way in sayng fuck off to the jackasses

Activity: 397
So the main page says shipping October.  But if you go to purchase a product it says shipping September.  Which is it?
Unless they mean shipping September 31 which is equivalent to October 1  Huh

I was wondering the same thing but a closer look probably explains it:

Main page says:

Orders paid today will ship in October this year.

Details on product page for Jupiter and Saturn say:

Shipping begins in September

So they are confirming that shipping is suppose to start in September and given their current estimates if you ordered and paid today you would get it in October.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

In this video

can any EE's chime in on the technical details of what we are looking at?
Wellllll....I got the feeling that we don't have to ask, and maybe we'll think soon that we should have been more careful with what we wished for.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
So the main page says shipping October.  But if you go to purchase a product it says shipping September.  Which is it?

Does it really matter?  I'll take either...
Did I read that right, that they are putting 4 dies in each package? So each die will be roughly 20x20mm. A far more workable solution than the 90x90mm die they originally claimed.
Isn't 90mm square about the size of a conventional American bathroom wall tile?  

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Did I read that right, that they are putting 4 dies in each package? So each die will be roughly 20x20mm. A far more workable solution than the 90x90mm die they originally claimed.
Sweet Jambalaya!!!!  I think my Email sparked a Technical update. 
Seems so.  Beyond that, though, they're business people.  They're adults.  They monitor the social media of their customers and respond to issues before they become memes.  

The main thing this shows beyond that (sock puppets will yelp that its either made up or irrelevant) is how professional this organization is.  

They're not sociopaths, whose contempt for their customers provides the psychological basis for screwing them.  

They're not kids, true to the old Tom Rush song lyric "They don't like chewing but they sure can swollow," who can't see why they have any on-going responsibility to the people who made them rich.  

Wanna see that professionalism is simple, familiar icon?  Look at the lower right hand corners of these slides on the website.
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
can any EE's chime in on the technical details of what we are looking at?

eve
Activity: 210
chips has been send for production or otherwise.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-25

We have part of an internal presentation we would like to share with you today. While it contains some technically sensitive information (which we have not released earlier for competitive reasons). We believe it’s now in the best interests of our customers  for us to release this information.

The below slides contain information relating the physical setup of the chip and the internal layout of the device. The biggest news is that we can confirm that our chips will have a quad core solution.

Activity: 778
Merit: 563

Again, an excellent response to customers. Lets just leave these guys alone for a while and let them work.

(And continue to hope they are sandbagging on the delivery date)   Grin

In the kncminer Office : "Hey Boss , the customers want more technical data. - Well , give them some uninteresting stuff. How about some information about heatsinks and quadcores. Everybody loves quadcores. "

Exactly!  Thanks KNC, I think. 

Right now, I have nothing to ask them-- just waiting for first week in Aug for a status update and then upgrading one of my units.
Activity: 389
ORSoC but I trust. In the news 22. They said the 2046 would chip balls
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-22
and now 2797 is a significant change. A to be.This indicates that the June 26 had not been made ​​the order.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
wow technical update here.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-25
Activity: 703
Merit: 502
Does shipping October mean October 1 or October 31?

both or either. Smiley
Activity: 462
Firing it up
The difficulty increase slows as it grows, think of it this way, for the difficulty to double from the point it's at now, all the asics that are in the wild right now will need to double (plus more to cover the gpus and fpgas) that's a lot of asics.

For the difficulty to double from the point it's at now, KNC has to start shipping Smiley

Avalon fails after few hundred sets(newer chips are questionable) , BFL does very slow, Kncminer is preparing the sniper but lots of people says not successful if fails to ship the first chip out of their factory on or before 30 September 2013.

If you care money, the get more FPGA.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Does shipping October mean October 1 or October 31?
Jump to: