Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1944. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
"...We believe it’s now in the best interests of our customers  for us to release this information."

hehe nice "Freud'sche typo"  Grin
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Firing it up

Again, an excellent response to customers. Lets just leave these guys alone for a while and let them work.

(And continue to hope they are sandbagging on the delivery date)   Grin

In the kncminer Office : "Hey Boss , the customers want more technical data. - Well , give them some uninteresting stuff. How about some information about heatsinks and quadcores. Everybody loves quadcores. "

To predict the noise in Home. This may not be too noisy...

However regardless the presentation mentioned, where is the module? You have stated in September,2013.
Activity: 462
Firing it up
I have read the news. This looks like the module is almost ready. Before an actual order to be made. I have to calculate the possible risk first. The major one, If the kncminer cannot provide at least one real chip before 30 September 2013. Secondly, the 60M difficulties. Just don't fuck these people up, otherwise you will fuck up.
legendary
Activity: 2271
Merit: 1363

Again, an excellent response to customers. Lets just leave these guys alone for a while and let them work.

In the kncminer Office : "Hey Boss , the customers want more technical data. - Well , give them some uninteresting stuff. How about some information about heatsinks and quadcores. Everybody loves quadcores. "
Activity: 196

Sweet Jambalaya!!!!  I think my Email sparked a Technical update.    Shocked
Activity: 290
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Activity: 267
Learn to go against your mind
Activity: 196
Interesting Reply to my Email about some of our concerns: (Reply from Knc first, my Emil to them below their Reply)

Hi XXXXX,

We absolutely understand your concern.

When it comes to communicating, the general sentiment in-house is that we want to give out useful information. Even though a few pictures of components in the office might seem like a way to lower tentativeness, they are not actual proof. And people are quick to point that out. It would be an easy way for us and others have done it before. We just don’t want to communicate in that way.  We want our communication to be correct, relevant and reliable.

I know a lot of people are anxious to see the final product. We are too. But when we show it, there will be no shadow of a doubt what the performance is. If it means fewer sales now doesn’t matter. What matters is the reaction when people see they CAN trust us in a market where trust is hard to find.
Thanks,

Carl
Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Carl Sidenvall, customer services 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:30 PM
To: Customer Service
Subject: Re: Interested in ordering but a few questions..

Hi..  Thanks for the New Network update that just came out today...  That is an interesting idea..  Hopefully other ASIC makers will do the same..

Sounds like you guys are still on track BUT over at the Bitcoin Talk Thread some of us customers are getting nervous..  Would REALLY be nice if a Technical update is coming soon from you guys covering the below concerns..

From Bitcoin Talk

Re: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com
July 17, 2013, 08:38:29 PM
Reply with quote Edit message Delete message  #3800

Not sure about the rest of you but I think Knc is going to have to release some pretty significant updates soon including Pic' of Chips, boards etc etc or a LOT of us are going to start getting itchy..

I come from the BFL disaster and I am one of the lucky ones that "JUST" this week got a refund for all my May 2013 orders..  But I had to file claims with Paypal and wait 14 days etc..   

I have a very bad taste in my mouth for anything ASIC after that experience..   

I used Paypal for my Knc order I placed in Mid June(Order #  25XX) and If dont see some pretty significant proof from Knc that they are on track and ok, my Paypal trigger finger will be itching and I have no idea what it will do..

I am gun shy now after BFL and have really NOTHING from Knc yet to make me NOT feel this way..

p.s.   I am Emailing Knc this Post..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com
Today at 03:21:46 PM
Reply with quote  #3875

How about KNCminer producing a die shot (image of its chip) increasing the likelihood they will ship devices September thru Novermber before claiming they will stop shipping December thru February?

Activity: 399

I think the 7 day rule only applied to the earliest pre-orders. All current orders are queued by date of payment. I don't think your order is even in the queue until you pay.

mm, i think probably  i'll cancel the order  Smiley

i was struggling because i didn't placed the order early but this make my choice easy

i will evaluate a purchase when they will release the new miners, having a clear frame about shipping time behaviour and how things will evolve

The difficulty increase slows as it grows, think of it this way, for the difficulty to double from the point it's at now, all the asics that are in the wild right now will need to double (plus more to cover the gpus and fpgas) that's a lot of asics. So basically, the difference between getting it week 1 vs week 6, really isn't going to make that big a difference, nothing like week 1 vs week 6 for the avalon batch 1.

BFL just announced they plan on being caught up by late september, so if you ordered in May, June, you might get it by September, KNC? October. So pay up, get with the new world order of ASICS, it's awesome over here ;-)

Hmmm..... following that logic...  'Theo'  stated that I would have my order at the end of Jan or was it Feb.. Mar... April... May.......
I also put off expanding my FPGA kit, because it would be irrelevant with ASICS.
As it was .. I could have had a clear 7 months extra income.

I'll stick with a partial BFL ,because IF they DO ship before EOF Sep.. it still allows payback on the kit, ready to sell & repurchase in 2014.
If they don't ship then the  KNC should cover it, and I've just given BFL an interest free loan for ~10 months.

But put it this way.... IF BFL does NOT bulk ship..and soon, then there is a danger the company may tank under the demand for refunds and chargebacks.... They also do not have a next gen., to counter the incoming equipment in 2014 because they have been far too busy sorting out the current F fest...
Activity: 140
The difficulty increase slows as it grows, think of it this way, for the difficulty to double from the point it's at now, all the asics that are in the wild right now will need to double (plus more to cover the gpus and fpgas) that's a lot of asics.

For the difficulty to double from the point it's at now, KNC has to start shipping Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

I think the 7 day rule only applied to the earliest pre-orders. All current orders are queued by date of payment. I don't think your order is even in the queue until you pay.

i was struggling because i didn't placed the order early but this make my choice easy

i will evaluate a purchase when they will release the new miners, having a clear frame about shipping time behaviour and how things will evolve

The difficulty increase slows as it grows, think of it this way, for the difficulty to double from the point it's at now, all the asics that are in the wild right now will need to double (plus more to cover the gpus and fpgas) that's a lot of asics. So basically, the difference between getting it week 1 vs week 6, really isn't going to make that big a difference, nothing like week 1 vs week 6 for the avalon batch 1.

BFL just announced they plan on being caught up by late september, so if you ordered in May, June, you might get it by September, KNC? October. So pay up, get with the new world order of ASICS, it's awesome over here ;-)
Activity: 399
Well BFL gets one more month to ship my kit.
At which point I ask for a 50% refund to pay for my KNCminer equipment on order....
Because if BFL don't ship in the next month.... Then NO WAY are they going to clear all orders by September 2013 as promised by  'Theo'.
I know the company KNC are working with... and they are WAY more likely to deliver...

I'm of the mind that I have been very fair to BFL.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Activity: 280
Hell?
My order that I just placed today says -  New (payed). Does that mean it still has to be processed or am I good to go?

I sent payment via paypal and it shows as completed on my end.
You're good, methinks.

i placed an order about 5 days ago, i still have to pay.
if i don't pay in 7 working days i'll lose my position right?
(however, being at this level of cue doesn't make much difference Smiley)

yup. thats correct. pay up right away!
Activity: 226
My order that I just placed today says -  New (payed). Does that mean it still has to be processed or am I good to go?

You're good, methinks.

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

You're good, methinks.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

they should make that the first slide, a bit to late now but  so i guess we can make somewhat of a benchmark for orders made before that

I missed out on the early pre-order. I had the BTC but I didn't follow this forum much. I ended up not getting in until July 1. I'm hoping that I still get something in September, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up in the mid-October batch.  I just spent my last Avalon mined BTC on a Jupiter upgrade.
Activity: 759
Merit: 505

they should make that the first slide, a bit to late now but  so i guess we can make somewhat of a benchmark for orders made before that
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
tltr - what 'batch' are the current orders at? As in if I ordered today what is the projected delivery date? 

In case you missed it on their home page:

Jump to: