Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1945. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
My order that I just placed today says -  New (payed). Does that mean it still has to be processed or am I good to go?

I sent payment via paypal and it shows as completed on my end.
You're good, methinks.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
tltr - what 'batch' are the current orders at? As in if I ordered today what is the projected delivery date? 

October
Activity: 52
tltr - what 'batch' are the current orders at? As in if I ordered today what is the projected delivery date? 
The cost of an ASIC scrypt mining chip would be several times more than the cost of a SHA256 chip, that's why scrypt is used in the first place, so the coin you would have to mine would need to be several hundred percent more profitable than BTC to get the same ROI. Good luck! Keep dreaming.

They have mentioned plans to work on scrypt miner in the past haven't they? I don't know I could be wrong but I thought it was in the plans. A re-programmable fpga.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Please stay on target.
Just put your fingers in your ears and go la  la la  la works for me.
Activity: 446
Just received this update? Talking about March 2014? HUH? I thought these were to ship this year October? What's going on?

KnCMiner Network Protection Statement

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Didn't receive that, but looks quite logical.

Agree, would be even better if previous customers were given preference for the next batches as well, kind of like a loyalty reward.
The greedy want more, under the guise of loyalty. It's laughable, loyalty doesn't absolve greed.

Please stay on target.
erk
Just received this update? Talking about March 2014? HUH? I thought these were to ship this year October? What's going on?

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Agree, would be even better if previous customers were given preference for the next batches as well, kind of like a loyalty reward.
The greedy want more, under the guise of loyalty. It's laughable, loyalty doesn't absolve greed.

Activity: 446

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

erk
Or even maybe three month cycles with other pow between the six month sha256 cycles?
What does this mean?

Just hoping that they would come out with their scrypt miner before march.
Why bother, there is hardly any money in scrypt. LTC is the best and it's got about 5% of the market cap that BTC has.

I think there would be huge money to be made with a KNC scrypt miner. If they were to take preorders after current orders started arriving... Well I think it would be huge.
The ASIC market seems like it is about to be so saturated.
The cost of an ASIC scrypt mining chip would be several times more than the cost of a SHA256 chip, that's why scrypt is used in the first place, so the coin you would have to mine would need to be several hundred percent more profitable than BTC to get the same ROI. Good luck! Keep dreaming.

why so expensive? the memory?
Scrypt chips are bigger, so you get way less per wafer.

Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Or even maybe three month cycles with other pow between the six month sha256 cycles?
What does this mean?

Why bother, there is hardly any money in scrypt. LTC is the best and it's got about 5% of the market cap that BTC has.

I think there would be huge money to be made with a KNC scrypt miner. If they were to take preorders after current orders started arriving... Well I think it would be huge.

why so expensive? the memory?
erk
What does this mean?

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
I am not very familiar with Litecoin/scrypt but wouldn't there be a daily reward limit as well? Also, if KNC makes a Litecoin miner everyone will buy it (especially if they deliver on their SHA256 ASIC) so I wouldn't be so sure about the "huge" payout. You might make a decent ROI though if the others are slow to move in...
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
I would definitely get one too.
What does this mean?

Activity: 539
Merit: 517
Didn't they say they were going to update the remaining orders with days or weeks?
You'll have to wait the end of August for a estimated shipping week.
erk
What does this mean?

Activity: 26
I had a June 25th paid order, and my status still says New(Payed) on the order screen and just 'Status:Paid' on the order tracking.
Didn't they say they were going to update the remaining orders with days or weeks?
Anybody have dates that ordered later than I did?
Activity: 309
pretty much figured that this would be the case. the other measurements were a little too small ^^

I always tought about inches instead mm Smiley, what led me to current mm size Smiley

(Even 160*160*200 doesn't lead to new sizes just by converting Smiley )
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
anyone else notice they changed the sizes?

check out the miners page.  500x400x200
pretty much figured that this would be the case. the other measurements were a little too small ^^
Activity: 280
Hell?
anyone else notice they changed the sizes?

check out the miners page.  500x400x200
Jump to: