Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1946. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I know its been talked about, and they list something on their Web site, but is there a known size of the Saturn?    L W  H in inches???    

Just trying to figure out where I will put it in my home office

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Or even maybe three month cycles with other pow between the six month sha256 cycles?
What does this mean?

Just hoping that they would come out with their scrypt miner before march.
Honestly I doubt they'll bother producing an Scrypt miner. Leave that to another project and team.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Or even maybe three month cycles with other pow between the six month sha256 cycles?
What does this mean?

Just hoping that they would come out with their scrypt miner before march.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
What does this mean?
Activity: 280
Hell?
This is fantastic news. Here's what it comes down to.

Knc is going to protect our ROI by selling not in batches but time-periods, giving breathing room.

Like when Avalon announced chip sales, that was a surprise to everyone. Similarly, would batch-2 have sold well if they knew batch-3 was coming and coming right on their heels.

It is, yet again, a sign that Knc is a step above everyone else out there.

As for this gen-2 device they plan to sell in March--wasn't I just talking about them doing this ^_^ If these guys plan things right, they'll form a bandwagon that we can jump on. Imagine if they keep delivering in six month cycles.

i wonder if they will offer early adopter discounts Smiley

Knc is going to protect our ROI by selling not in batches but time-periods, giving breathing room.

Like when Avalon announced chip sales, that was a surprise to everyone. Similarly, would batch-2 have sold well if they knew batch-3 was coming and coming right on their heels.

As for this gen-2 device they plan to sell in March--wasn't I just talking about them doing this ^_^ If these guys plan things right, they'll form a bandwagon that we can jump on. Imagine if they keep delivering in six month cycles.

Activity: 252

As for this gen-2 device they plan to sell in March--wasn't I just talking about them doing this ^_^ If these guys plan things right, they'll form a bandwagon that we can jump on. Imagine if they keep delivering in six month cycles. They'll blow everyone out of the water. Even Asicminer will have trouble keeping up and may falter. And if they keep bringing customers along, wow. It's a good time to be mining.

--- Breaking news, they just updated with Bitcoinorama's write-up: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-19

Independent Review

Our first set of opendays have now been completed. We will do many more of these as things continue to devlop. For people wishing to read the report it can be found on the link below at the bitcointalk forum

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinorama-report-on-the-kncminerorsoc-open-day-mon-100613-stockholm-232852

We would like to thank all of the attendees for coming and we hope you all found it useful

Thanks
 KnCMiner team
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
Anyone also really enjoy the fact that they sent out a mass email about it? Rather than posting in some obscure web forum in the middle of a 100 page thread of rabble so that no one can find it?

Yes  Smiley

And would not expect anything else from a serious company.

Hmm. I didn't get such an email...  :s
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
How about KNCminer producing a die shot (image of its chip) increasing the likelihood they will ship devices September thru Novermber before claiming they will stop shipping December thru February?

Unlikely, as they are going straight from chip manufacture, to production, also perhaps to retain competitive advantage. No doubt such a shot will surface in due course...

You would know better since you met with them. I hope you are right...

Mate all I know, as the others who were there can confirm, that they are literally taking delivery of chips, and assembling with some tweaking whilst they send out untweaked prototypes to devs to ready their software. I imagine they will show chip pictures as they arrive, but it, as far as I was told will be literally days, if not a few weeks before they are in your hands. They certainly aren't faffing around with media freebie BS like BFL have over delivering to paying customers as promised. That crap rattled my cage when I saw Butterfly Labs prioritise journalists that had no clue about Bitcoin or related mining hardware over customers who have literally stood around patiently for months, and I made sure to raise that at the time!
New Mining Hardware Calculator from Genesis Block..

Is this correct?  Says my Saturn will earn me $16,800  ROI in 21 days..  Starting in Sept..   Shocked

I wouldn't say it is right. Their default difficulty increase per month is 35%, who know what the real number will be, but it seems optimistic. Could easily have 3 adjustments in a month... Not saying it should be 80% or anything like that, but 35 seems low.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
How about KNCminer producing a die shot (image of its chip) increasing the likelihood they will ship devices September thru Novermber before claiming they will stop shipping December thru February?

Unlikely, as they are going straight from chip manufacture, to production, also perhaps to retain competitive advantage. No doubt such a shot will surface in due course...

You would know better since you met with them. I hope you are right...
Activity: 462

Edit: side note kind of off topic, but I was just looking at the order list page and it only comes to like $700,000 or about 40 th. I think that only a smallish percentage might be listed there.

Link? Don't know of an order list page Tongue

I think he means the voluntary one in this forum...

The big orders don't appear to be listed... I think it is more of a guide once things are shipping that people can feel comfortable on the progress
Activity: 742
Anyone also really enjoy the fact that they sent out a mass email about it? Rather than posting in some obscure web forum in the middle of a 100 page thread of rabble so that no one can find it?

Yes  Smiley

And would not expect anything else from a serious company.

Edit: side note kind of off topic, but I was just looking at the order list page and it only comes to like $700,000 or about 40 th. I think that only a smallish percentage might be listed there.

I think he means the voluntary one in this forum...
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

Activity: 588
Right. Just place and order and paid through PayPal (after two weeks of deliberation and licking wounds after BFL).
So, KnC stands for "kennemar & cole" (stated on the PayPal receipt)

It is the same guys as
http://www.kennemarandcole.se/
Looks promising.

Also, after payment, I came back to KnC main page, but parts of it were in what appears to be Russian. Are they implementing multi-lingual support, which pops up when it should not?

Личный кaбинeт Bыйти
Shopping Cart: empty

Subtotal: $ 0.00
Shopping Cart Checkout

KnCMiner
Payment Shipping FAQ Contacts About Us
+46 8559 253 20

[email protected]
Miners
Upgrades
Haйти
Зaкaз нoмep XXXXXXXXXXXXXX ycпeшнo oплaчeн.
Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you.

<< Ha глaвнyю

Кaтeгopии
Miners
Upgrades
Information
Payment
Shipping
Contacts
Privacy and protection of personal data
My account
Common information
Address book
Order history
Change password
In social
Twitter
Facebook
©2013 all images and content copyright KnCMiner AB, org no: 556931-9725

During the very first days of this thread, during the "fingerprinting" era of any new ASIC thread, someone discovered that the KNC website developer is from Russia, hence some code of the page had that language in the JS class and so on.

Maybe it's the same reason, who knows...
Activity: 462

Asicminer will only ever have 20-25% of the hashrate.  Their hardware is in no way competition to KNC.

sorry I don't follow :p
How is a direct competitor selling the same product not competition exactly? Its like saying Sony and Microsoft don't compete for your cash.

They are selling a product that will never ROI because they are in the business of mining. They don't care if nobody buys their products, but if a sucker comes along and buys one for more than it will ever mine, then score for Asicminer, but can't call that competition.

This.

Knc's English isn't great but their logic is pretty spot on.

If others keep flooding the market in the winter months knc looks like they will sell upgrade modules upon upgrade modules to current customers as cheap as possible

They are not implying they will keep selling current offerings to new customers but lower upgrade prices so your Gh/$$ keeps ahead of the curve

So can people please stop nagging them with the little shit anymore? (pictures of chips,etc)

Jump to: