Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1956. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
Can someone show me how to use my dryer outlet? I can't find a psu cable.
Is that a joke? If you are not an electrician, don't do that yourself. That is a high voltage output, not something for amateurs to work on...
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Can someone show me how to use my dryer outlet? I can't find a psu cable.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
One of my big concerns with the Jupiter is the power consumption.  1000 watts constant usage is okay if your only running one machine, but if you start running 5 or 6 of them then your going to have to look at putting them on different electrical circuits.  I'm really hoping that the power requirements are significantly lower than what they've quoted so far.

/cet

5 or six of them? In North America one per circuit will be the limit. Unless you plan on using your dryer outlet, still, that would be a limit of 4. Of course heat is going to be your bigger problem at this point...
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Typical American residential circuit shouldn't do much more that 1880 watts, so one miner per circuit.  That leaves plenty of margin, but your dreams of stacking these up 10-20 deep like asic block eruptors isn't going to happen.  Bummer.

/cet

If you have enough money to be stacking these up like block eruptors, you have enough money to add a few breakers to your electrical box...     Grin
cet
Activity: 100
Merit: 10

the safest option would be call an electrician to install a larger dedicated circuit breaker just for the miners.
just like you would when installing a large air-conditioner.

in Australia we have 240v 16 Amp circuits as standard wall outlet. I wouldn't put more than 3 on one circuit and probably safer to not go over 2 if other appliances use the same circuit, especially heaters/air-cons basically high wattage appliances.

In USA it would be different, but if your outlets are rated at 120v 20 Amp circuits, then 2 Jupiters would be max per circuit and no high wattage appliances on same circuit.

Typical American residential circuit shouldn't do much more that 1880 watts, so one miner per circuit.  That leaves plenty of margin, but your dreams of stacking these up 10-20 deep like asic block eruptors isn't going to happen.  Bummer.

/cet
erk
Activity: 826
One of my big concerns with the Jupiter is the power consumption.  1000 watts constant usage is okay if your only running one machine, but if you start running 5 or 6 of them then your going to have to look at putting them on different electrical circuits.  I'm really hoping that the power requirements are significantly lower than what they've quoted so far.

/cet

It's the lowest out there, one device is not going to overload your household power circuit, but of course adding multiple of anything eventually will, if it's an issue you cant deal with, then don't be so greedy, order what you can manage, or simply find another hobby. There is also the opportunity to pay someone who knows what they are doing to host the miners for you as mentioned on the KNCminer website.
the safest option would be call an electrician to install a larger dedicated circuit breaker just for the miners.

in Australia we have 240v 16 Amp circuits as standard wall outlet. I wouldn't put more than 3 on one circuit and probably safer to not go over 2 if other appliances use the same circuit, especially heaters/air-cons basically high wattage appliances.

In USA it would be different, but if your outlets are rated at 120v 20 Amp circuits, then 2 Jupiters would be max per circuit and no high wattage appliances on same circuit.

The trouble is that the miners are not certified, as they don't need to be when they are shipped without a power supply, but the second you put a power supply in it, the miner does need to be certified! There goes your insurance claim if something goes wrong.  I don't think people who are uncomfortable with managing electrical safely should be hosting these devices. Without insurance cover, you need to know what you are doing.

1.21 GIGA WATTS

/cet

It's the lowest out there, one device is not going to overload your household power circuit, but of course adding multiple of anything eventually will, if it's an issue you cant deal with, then don't be so greedy, order what you can manage, or simply find another hobby. There is also the opportunity to pay someone who knows what they are doing to host the miners for you as mentioned on the KNCminer website.

erk

/cet

cet
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
One of my big concerns with the Jupiter is the power consumption.  1000 watts constant usage is okay if your only running one machine, but if you start running 5 or 6 of them then your going to have to look at putting them on different electrical circuits.  I'm really hoping that the power requirements are significantly lower than what they've quoted so far.

/cet
Activity: 602
SO has their been any updates from the op and maker of knc miner as its gone very quite here.

kncminer.com , news section..

Its also holidays in sweden.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
SO has their been any updates from the op and maker of knc miner as its gone very quite here.
1.21 GIGA WATTS
if anyone wanting to know when miners are shipped if paid for today...

I don't think it will last long if deciding to buy or not to buy..

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
who cares about that...not me, it's about end user performance & efficiency, period.
By that I mean: He with the most efficient machine will be the last man standing.

The why you should care is because low chip yields = fewer chips = slower production = delays in getting to customers.

You can have the most efficient design in the world, but if you cannot reliably produce it or make enough to sell in any significant quantity, it's worthless.
+1

This is the biggest threat to the project - but I think they have to see this coming. Perhaps by the time they release the chip info, we will have an update and that will reflect a last minute change on the chip design. Nothing wrong with changing the design, as long as it is feasible to get it out within the timeline specified.

Good explanation btw.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Now that is an update:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2722887

Glad I chose to be involved in Steamboat's project in addition to KnC's. I'm hoping as time goes on, they will be this open as well.

Yup, that's an update.

At least kano is kindly giving us some useful info.

Quote from: kano
They then stated they'd be sending (in July) mock up devices (with an internal RPi) for us to work with on cgminer

We are very close to see if the first deadlines are met.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
What the hell does this question mean?Huh   What???  Fire risk???  Please explain..

I ordered a KnC Jupiter a while back. One thing I've been thinking abut recently: Are these miners likely to be safe to leave unattended? I mean....I do need to leave the house once in a while. I wouldn't want to come back from shopping to find my house has burnt down. Unattendance recommendations?

If they are certified they will be. If not, you takes your chances.

its an electronic, it has a fire risk. whats to explain?

just common sense as with most electrical products..
eg. don't place news paper on top of unit.
     don't block air vents and/or fans
     don't let kids near them.

I think they better include a user manual stating risks and proper use of product
just to be on the safe side.

I hope they will be properly certified "CE". So at least if the house burns down, the insurance covers it.

Just buy a modern power supply. They don't ship with a power supply, you know.
Now that is an update:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2722887

Glad I chose to be involved in Steamboat's project in addition to KnC's. I'm hoping as time goes on, they will be this open as well.
Activity: 728
Crypto-ideologist

It's not risk it's greed

erk, u r waiting for more reliable data for place an order to knc or u don't plan to do it at all?

do u know if thay have refound option in case of delayed delivery?
erk
if you dont have the money to risk, then dont risk it.

why is this so hard? i make good money and im willing to risk a portion of it....

ok, i 'll not starve to death if it turns in a bad investment but i don't have disposable money to waste either

everybody tries to find out the best trustable seller.
maybe some don't need to think a lot about it, lucky ppl  Smiley

lol no i understand, but this whole bitcoin thing is based on risk so it gets annoying when people bitch and complain all day about this stuff. just go to work then! lol

It's not risk it's greed, there is this mindset, that if you don't get in early you wont make as much profit, that makes people borrow and pay interest for months and months for an order that is not delivered. Crazy logic, as the only think that makes the mining difficulty rise so quickly is greedy people that want to get in first, it's self perpetuating. That's no way to run a long term investment, but I guess people wouldn't be interested in mining bitcoins if they actually knew how to invest Smiley

Activity: 728
Crypto-ideologist
just go to work then! lol

no, do not work is a must for btc ppl.
bitcoin ppl don't want to work, they want a reliable machine that works for them Wink

lool  Cheesy
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
if you dont have the money to risk, then dont risk it.

why is this so hard? i make good money and im willing to risk a portion of it....

ok, i 'll not starve to death if it turns in a bad investment but i don't have disposable money to waste either

everybody tries to find out the best trustable seller.
maybe some don't need to think a lot about it, lucky ppl  Smiley

lol no i understand, but this whole bitcoin thing is based on risk so it gets annoying when people bitch and complain all day about this stuff. just go to work then! lol
Jump to: