Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1952. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Tempting to upgrade one of my Saturns....nice that there isn't any BFL type pressure on the decision

Right, the fact that they say it will still be available in August is great.  No real need to rush and upgrade, we can wait a few more weeks to see how they progress.

Makes me wish I did all Saturns so I only put down 50% and then could upgrade later-- less risk.   So far they have done nothing to show that they aren't doing their best to deliver.  Crossing my fingers!!!   I got my BFL order refunded so should I upgrade or just buy more LTC?  Smiley
WHO says August? BFL? KNC never did. If BFL is saying August and you believe it, you'd better take a looksie at this:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/239-tuesday-july-16-2013-shipping-update.html  JUNE 23 2012 is the very first day they took orders. They are not done with shipping day one after shipping for how long? It's now 45 days till September. You think BFL will be caught up with a year of orders in 45 days, when they've been delivering for so long, and got nowhere?

what are you talking about?

anyway, yeah letting us decide to upgrade into August is a nice jesture.  And doesn't really screw the Jupiter customers since they get it much cheaper for having more balls/faith

So we pay a little more for getting to hedge a bit.  They are trying to balance out win-wins for everyone, themselves included

well, it certainly hurts those of us who ordered Jupiters in the last couple of weeks.

you still get it at a lesser cost.  do the math

Activity: 778
Merit: 563
Tempting to upgrade one of my Saturns....nice that there isn't any BFL type pressure on the decision

Right, the fact that they say it will still be available in August is great.  No real need to rush and upgrade, we can wait a few more weeks to see how they progress.

Makes me wish I did all Saturns so I only put down 50% and then could upgrade later-- less risk.   So far they have done nothing to show that they aren't doing their best to deliver.  Crossing my fingers!!!   I got my BFL order refunded so should I upgrade or just buy more LTC?  Smiley
WHO says August? BFL? KNC never did. If BFL is saying August and you believe it, you'd better take a looksie at this:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/239-tuesday-july-16-2013-shipping-update.html  JUNE 23 2012 is the very first day they took orders. They are not done with shipping day one after shipping for how long? It's now 45 days till September. You think BFL will be caught up with a year of orders in 45 days, when they've been delivering for so long, and got nowhere?

anyway, yeah letting us decide to upgrade into August is a nice jesture.  And doesn't really screw the Jupiter customers since they get it much cheaper for having more balls/faith

So we pay a little more for getting to hedge a bit.  They are trying to balance out win-wins for everyone, themselves included

well, it certainly hurts those of us who ordered Jupiters in the last couple of weeks.

I can see from the POV that more hashing power will be in front of you-- I doubt it would cause your order to be delayed in time.  As for the hashing power (yes, every bit counts) but we are not talking about huge volume compared to the network and don't forget.  When we put down money a month ago, we took much more risk than someone that purchased weeks ago. 
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
better, thx nice quick edit. I'll leave the BFL smut just for GP  Smiley

Right, the fact that they say it will still be available in August is great.  No real need to rush and upgrade, we can wait a few more weeks to see how they progress.

Makes me wish I did all Saturns so I only put down 50% and then could upgrade later-- less risk.   So far they have done nothing to show that they aren't doing their best to deliver.  Crossing my fingers!!!   I got my BFL order refunded so should I upgrade or just buy more LTC?  Smiley
WHO says August? BFL?
  KNC never did.    I'm not sure by you're statement who "They" are.
If BFL is saying August and you believe it, you'd better take a looksie at this:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/239-tuesday-july-16-2013-shipping-update.html  
JUNE 23 2012 is the very first day they took orders. They are not done with shipping day one after shipping for how long? It's now 45 days till September. You think BFL will be caught up with a year of orders in 45 days, when they've been delivering for so long, and got nowhere?  I have a feeling KNC will be caught up before they are.

and this...
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/234-fabulous-bfl-pcb-jewelry.html
They have literally just started making jewelry from the latest batch of PCB's!!!!!

Not sure you read my post correctly.  I mentioned that KNC said you can still upgrade your order in August.  (You don't have to do it immediately)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV

Right, the fact that they say it will still be available in August is great.  No real need to rush and upgrade, we can wait a few more weeks to see how they progress.

Makes me wish I did all Saturns so I only put down 50% and then could upgrade later-- less risk.   So far they have done nothing to show that they aren't doing their best to deliver.  Crossing my fingers!!!   I got my BFL order refunded so should I upgrade or just buy more LTC?  Smiley
WHO says August? BFL?
  KNC never did.    I'm not sure by you're statement who "They" are.
If BFL is saying August and you believe it, you'd better take a looksie at this:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/239-tuesday-july-16-2013-shipping-update.html  
JUNE 23 2012 is the very first day they took orders. They are not done with shipping day one after shipping for how long? It's now 45 days till September. You think BFL will be caught up with a year of orders in 45 days, when they've been delivering for so long, and got nowhere?  I have a feeling KNC will be caught up before they are.

and this...
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/234-fabulous-bfl-pcb-jewelry.html
They have literally just started making jewelry from the latest batch of PCB's!!!!!
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Any new info on the sub $1000 product that they were considering?

The Mercury is the cheapest device you can buy ($1995). They added it after the poll ended.

thanks, its tempting to buy one outright, instead of just via the group buys.

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

The Mercury is the cheapest device you can buy ($1995). They added it after the poll ended.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
hmm how about adding second saturn to my order? i don't like the idea of having 400GHps in one device, which in case of failre, kills all my hashrate ...

The only option is to upgrade chips in your device.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
hmm how about adding second saturn to my order? i don't like the idea of having 400GHps in one device, which in case of failre, kills all my hashrate ...
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
"You will also retain your shipping queue placement."

It seems that chips will not be the bottleneck!?!

I believe that's correct. Since the system is modular KNC will fabricate modules which will go into each box depending on what you ordered (1 for Mercury, 2 for Saturn and 4 for Jupiter).
Activity: 360
"You will also retain your shipping queue placement."

It seems that chips will not be the bottleneck!?!

Edit: Or is it, give me the rest of your money too.  Grin
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Products in KnC shop can now be upgraded....

Shipping pos will be untouched... nice xD
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
I'm just wondering how knc is still awaiting chips from production, yet bitfury has the chips and will take another month to ship...
Speculation on my part, but perhaps bitfury cannot or will not fulfill retail until 100TH is deployed, and until any other prior agreements which may exist, regarding deployments before retail, are met.

Sorry, not true.  One of the distributors already has bare chips in hand and is fulfilling his orders for chip-only orders.

100TH will be a parallel project with the distributors releasing / shipping the 3rd-party designed boards.

Who is it?

Supposedly the Bitfury distributor in the US currently has the chips on hand.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2708659
https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=56
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
I'm just wondering how knc is still awaiting chips from production, yet bitfury has the chips and will take another month to ship...
Speculation on my part, but perhaps bitfury cannot or will not fulfill retail until 100TH is deployed, and until any other prior agreements which may exist, regarding deployments before retail, are met.

Sorry, not true.  One of the distributors already has bare chips in hand and is fulfilling his orders for chip-only orders.

100TH will be a parallel project with the distributors releasing / shipping the 3rd-party designed boards.

Who is it?
legendary
Activity: 2271
Merit: 1363
For one thing, KNC only has to put 4 chips on a board to complete a miner.

Bitfury has to put dozens of chips into their miners, and involve daughter-boards and multiple heat-sinks, etc.

Beyond that, who is installing / manufacturing the Bitfury chips in miners? KNC already has miner manfucturing lined up with a pro company.

Tested and working Asic-Chip verified by third-party developers : Bitfury 1 - 0 KNC
Jump to: