Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1976. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
I have for sell 100gh/s of my Jupiter day 1 ship day.price 3600 dollars if anyone interest sent me pm thanks.

1/4 of the hashing power for more than 1/2 the price...

my thoughts exactly. what a jackass.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I have for sell 100gh/s of my Jupiter day 1 ship day.price 3600 dollars if anyone interest sent me pm thanks.

1/4 of the hashing power for more than 1/2 the price...
Hell?

how would that work?!

also, that seems really high.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Hell?
i bought a mercury on july 3rd. have had great customer service from emilia as well. multiple emails back and forth. good experience so far!

i too believe they are being very conservative and sandbagging. excited to see what the mercury/the rest will actually look like.

i hear it will have an ethernet port and be web based. no client needed. odd!
erk
Activity: 826
Am wondering if the sagging BTC/USD price might cause some order cancellations... (Yay!)

I am quite certain that if you ask the miners "Are you mining BTC at a profit?" most wouldn't have a clue and would simply take a guess and tend to say yes even if they were actually loosing money.

The true answer has a lot of variables to factor in, which is too much effort for the type of people that get attracted to crypto as a "fast buck" lazy source of income.

So the people that would tend to cancel would mainly be those with need for the money eg. pay interest on the load or something more useful.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Am wondering if the sagging BTC/USD price might cause some order cancellations... (Yay!)

I'm sure that it's factoring in for at least a few miners. No one know what the price of BTC will be in September or a year from now. At this point, we all have to hope that the price rebounds, sooner or later - that's all part of the risk factor though.
Activity: 574
Activity: 462
In some cases the ones who have confidence when others do not are the ones rewarded.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Really tempted to make a pre-order here, KNCminer do seem legit. There is still a little niggle in my mind though, perhaps I have just been tainted by the BFL fiasco. I'm especially worried as I will be late to the party if I order now. Also I feel KNCminer may be being a little optimistic with their release schedule. This is a mistake in my opinion, the same mistake BFL made. If KNCminer don't come through they can expect a torrent of angry e-mails and forum posts.

I will have a think about it anyway and perhaps wait till they at least have a working model to show us.

BTW anyone know how many people they have assembling these asics?

Edit: Oh and on their website they have an error on the miners page where it says "Our custom Bitcoin ASIC miners are available for order below"... Then it says the same thing at the bottom of the page. I know it is just a minor thing but it doesn't inspire confidence in me.

Not sure if my input will help with your decision, but I lean heavily in trusty KnC. The only question you'll have to answer yourself is if the ROI will be worth it when you get their miner in hand.

That's the closest I can come to endorsing KnC, and hope it helps their endeavor, along with helping others make a more informed decision as how they should act.

Full disclosure: I'm not a miner nor have I purchased from them or from any other mining ware outfits.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Bunch of infidels
Activity: 252
Really tempted to make a pre-order here, KNCminer do seem legit. There is still a little niggle in my mind though, perhaps I have just been tainted by the BFL fiasco. I'm especially worried as I will be late to the party if I order now. Also I feel KNCminer may be being a little optimistic with their release schedule. This is a mistake in my opinion, the same mistake BFL made. If KNCminer don't come through they can expect a torrent of angry e-mails and forum posts.
You should really read the openday report.
"Margins, upon margins, upon margins"
With that said.... I personally think they're "sandbagging", meaning, I think everyone's going to be shocked with an early ship.... But that's just me.
Not just you, I think so too. If all their ducks align I think they'll ship early, and they are reserving september as a worst case scenario, just like 1000 watts is a worst-case scenario.

Think of the PR victory if they ship anytime in August! They'd be grinding BFL's nose in it and would have new orders up the wazoo.
Activity: 252
Does anyone have an estimation how hot the mercury might run with its 250W PSU?  Would it survive in a typical household with air conditioning or would you expect to need more dedicated cooling? Still torn between going through with my purchase or just buying shares in a group buy where most people seem to be using hosting solutions in a data center...
They said they'd planned the devices to be able to run in the Bahamas heat if need be, and had built in large margins in the design generally for things like that. So yeah, I'm sure it'll survive a house with AC.

Thanks for the response - I decided to go ahead and pay for my mercury order.  Has anyone begun buying PSU's for their units? If so, what brands/models?
I have not. But I'll likely be looking for something in the platinum efficiency range. We don't really know what kind of power requirements these have, and they've warned us not to go out and buy 1,000 watt power supplies just yet. So I assume they're still in UP;OD mode (under-promise; over-deliver).

Would be nice if they came in at 850 or lower.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
If you don't want to go for a full, physical miner, and want to be among those who get the 1-500 series, you can still buy shares of Saturn 1-500 in at least in this open group buy. There are plenty of open GB but this one (possibly others) offer 1-500 shares (first served).

What like give my money to some guy and then hope they don't run off? Nah think I'll pass on that one lmao... Though I realize that there is the same risk with KNCminer etc but at least they are vat registered etc and have another company so I feel it is less likely with them.
I have to agree with snaz on that one; how rediculous... "Shares of a Saturn"...   Why not just bend over & spread your cheeks for him too, lol.

LOL, there was one that I was contemplating and that was cloud mining based here in th UK. He seems pretty professional and if I were to go that route I would go with that, just the prices are pretty damn steep for what you get. Anyway for £1311 a 100 GH is a steal! The only thing that is really holding me back is the BFL thing. It would kill me to have paid that money and still be waiting a year later! lol

Edit: And thanks for the link, I shall take a look at that.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
With that said.... I personally think they're "sandbagging", but that's just me... lol

Where can I read this report? And i see, so they are being rather vague? Hmmmm... I'm not sure what "sandbagging" means if I'm honest lol.

Edit: Just saw your edit, I see, thought you were thinking the opposite there ha ha. So you think they are being super cautious or vague in the hope that they can surprise rather than disappoint? That would certainly make for a refreshing change! I sure hope they can pull it off.   
With that said.... I personally think they're "sandbagging", but that's just me... lol

Where can I read this report? And i see, so they are being rather vague? Hmmmm... I'm not sure what "sandbagging" means if I'm honest lol.
openday here...   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinorama-report-on-the-kncminerorsoc-open-day-mon-100613-stockholm-232852

and on sandbagging.... Holding back....  or meaning, they might deliver sooner, but wanted to be sure, so tell a later date 
just saw the edit comment.. yes.. Smiley

legendary
LIR DEV
If you don't want to go for a full, physical miner, and want to be among those who get the 1-500 series, you can still buy shares of Saturn 1-500 in at least in this open group buy. There are plenty of open GB but this one (possibly others) offer 1-500 shares (first served).

What like give my money to some guy and then hope they don't run off? Nah think I'll pass on that one lmao... Though I realize that there is the same risk with KNCminer etc but at least they are vat registered etc and have another company so I feel it is less likely with them.
I have to agree with snaz on that one; how rediculous... "Shares of a Saturn"...   Why not just bend over & spread your cheeks for him too, lol.

Edit: Just saw your edit, I see, thought you were thinking the opposite there ha ha. So you think they are being super cautious or vague in the hope that they can surprise rather than disappoint? That would certainly make for a refreshing change! I sure hope they can pull it off.   

legendary
LIR DEV
With that said.... I personally think they're "sandbagging", meaning, I think everyone's going to be shocked with an early ship.... But that's just me.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Jump to: