Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1980. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
What precisely do you mean by lead time?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
Is October still a reasonable estimate for lead time on all KnCMiner products?
We have yet to hear otherwise
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
Is October still a reasonable estimate for lead time on all KnCMiner products?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
Do you have any informations on shippings that we get? Do we get insurance?

If it's going by courier like DHL I would say so.
They are going to use UPS, and Insurance is provided, as long as the value is declared.(up to 50k?)
Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Humor fail, or did the US finally finally finally actually find some WMDs in Iraq? Because otherwise, "Chemical Ali" was telling the truth.

(PS in order to maintain credibility don't trot out that yellow cake shit, that was known about and was under UN seal still.)

Flashman,

You must not remember when "Chemical Ali" also said that they weren't under attack, that they would repel the US forces and any hundreds of other comments that were blatantly false.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!

Humor fail, or did the US finally finally finally actually find some WMDs in Iraq? Because otherwise, "Chemical Ali" was telling the truth.

(PS in order to maintain credibility don't trot out that yellow cake shit, that was known about and was under UN seal still.)
Activity: 532
Unsubscribing from thread. Officially hyjacked.

Dude, we are in limbo currently...
Activity: 574
I know very wishful thinking but I wonder if Knc could shock the ASIC world and actually ship early

Under promise, over deliver?

If it's going by courier like DHL I would say so.
Activity: 752
Unsubscribing from thread. Officially hyjacked.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Activity: 196
I think 90% of my posts on their raised valid concerns that questioned why what they were telling us did not match up with what was actually happening..  A few post I did probably get out of hand and I think they were just itching for an excuse to ban me...  I got a TON of "Likes" and "Thanks" from my post on their forum..  Its funny but even after being banned, I am still getting some "Likes" on my existing posts they did not delete or move..   It was also interesting to me that when they banned me, their web sit redirected to bitcoin talk..  

Oh well..  I have not lost any sleep over it and glad it looks like after filling claims on Paypal, they are refunding me for my 4 Pre orders...  Bye Bye BFL..
So  Back on the topic of Knc..   I know very wishful thinking but I wonder if Knc could shock the ASIC world and actually ship early   Ok, back to earth.. If they ship on time that would actually shock the ASIC world..

On another note I did Email Knc back when I ordered in the middle of June and ask how they communicate and keep their customers updated..  Especially since they dont have their own forum...  They told me they plan to add a forum to their web site...

This could be good or bad..

Good if they actually stay on time

Bad if they start delaying(Look at the BFL forums..  Which I already proudly got banned from)

I think with any company forum if you behave like a douche you'll get banned, or at least deserve to, but if you raise valid well articulated points and the company is under-performing you deserve to be heard.

That said this looks like an area that would require significant company time dedicated to the volume of public interest...
Activity: 238

Keep it going Josh .. I am sure you will continued your little ranting and bad mouth others Grin

What have you done to make others proud of you. ??

He placed that fine, earth-friendly and recyclable black spraypainted piece of cardboard into the minirig himself instead of that horrible tree-killing LCD screen they advertising, thereby saving .00000000001 earths.

http://buttcoin.org/butterfly-labs-mini-rig-is-a-huge-broken-unstable-piece-of-shit
Activity: 196
So  Back on the topic of Knc..   I know very wishful thinking but I wonder if Knc could shock the ASIC world and actually ship early   Ok, back to earth.. If they ship on time that would actually shock the ASIC world..

On another note I did Email Knc back when I ordered in the middle of June and ask how they communicate and keep their customers updated..  Especially since they dont have their own forum...  They told me they plan to add a forum to their web site...

This could be good or bad..

Good if they actually stay on time

Bad if they start delaying(Look at the BFL forums..  Which I already proudly got banned from)

How about an alternative theory for why BTC prices are down. MTGox, the largest BTC exchange on the planet isn't sending USD wires. This has lowered trading volume and when that happens, prices are going to be more volatile. For those that need to sell large amounts of BTC, there are few places to do this quickly and they'll take lower prices.

Gox didn't suspend USD wires, it just went slowly. They have added new bank today.

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130704.html

Plus they have recently registered to comply with anti money laundering laws via FinCEN as an MSB (Money Services Business) which if anything should have had a positive effect on SP seeing as that makes them Bitcoin's first legitimate financial exchange as far as the US Government is concerned.

On a side note, I found this, which could certainly improve the humour in timely updates from KnC;

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/jbc/home/chef.html Grin
erk
Activity: 826

How about an alternative theory for why BTC prices are down. MTGox, the largest BTC exchange on the planet isn't sending USD wires. This has lowered trading volume and when that happens, prices are going to be more volatile. For those that need to sell large amounts of BTC, there are few places to do this quickly and they'll take lower prices.

Gox didn't suspend USD wires, it just went slowly. They have added new bank today.

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130704.html
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

AM is ~ 25% of the network hash. That works out to about 900 BTC/day or 6300 BTC/week, spread across several thousand shareholders. They're certainly not all selling - I'm doubtful that's the reason for the low point. Also, let's say that AM didn't exist - what makes you think that miners and pool operators getting their share of the blocks would operate any differently? The same BTC gets generated every day, it's just a matter of distribution.

you need to read what you wrote again...   it is WAY different when a few major piles need to either grab ROI before the next or one miner builder have to exchange btc for chip orders than if many users have small amounts.

you blow out the bid on an exchange and the ticker drops..  you would think if it is only AM then they would slow drip, but there are a few others so it turns into little races of cashouts to beat the other guy

this will continue till early next year.... get used to it

So, since you KNOW what's going to happen then I'd suggest you get used to it and profit from it! Again, this is just conjection - no one provides evidence that AM is manipulating the price - and do you see a weekly price trend that I don't?

Volume evidence:

sorry can't resist, but those statements could be applied to Sam as well, am I wrong?

I was we'll aware when I wrote that, but Sam genuinely suffers from dyslexia (difficulty in learning to read fluently and with accurate comprehension despite normal intelligence), yet appears fully capable of overseeing and running multiple departments of a growing company undeterred. He also has the humility to persist in communicating what his customers need to hear despite this set back, and the criticism sustained by those that don't fully acknowledge his disability.

didn't mean to star a flame here, I genuinely wasn't aware of Sam's dyslexia. thanks for the info.

Chill buddy, you haven't! Wink You weren't to know, it was brought up at the openday, it's been touched on, but I never intended to labour the point. I have a friend who is massively dyslexic, but the most talented sculptor I've ever seen. Hugely successful now, just you have to read what he writes phonetically. Sam's is mild in comparison.

As far as I'm aware Josh doesn't suffer from dyslexia. He just appears supercilious, foolhardy, and tired with respect to communication. I'm also pretty sure he doesn't oversee day to day operations with Butterfly Labs, so what specifically is his role? I once assumed he was CEO, but he categorically stated he wasn't.

In any case he should be embracing legitimate competition from another continent, he damn well knows his market and his own company require competition to survive.

If I have to be honest i think that our time is not well spent talking about BFL_josh/Inaba imho, it's a matter that really doesn't deserve any kind of attention

Agreed, but; "he started it" (joke  Wink)

Seriously though, you're correct, it's really not worth the time, or effort, and Josh's only being vocal to quell the discontent and prevent mass refunds from long suffering queuing customers.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
bfls ship day to day
so
at least at summer or september 2014
maybe will finish with back order
Jump to: