Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1981. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

sorry can't resist, but those statements could be applied to Sam as well, am I wrong?

I was we'll aware when I wrote that, but Sam genuinely suffers from dyslexia (difficulty in learning to read fluently and with accurate comprehension despite normal intelligence), yet appears fully capable of overseeing and running multiple departments of a growing company undeterred. He also has the humility to persist in communicating what his customers need to hear despite this set back, and the criticism sustained by those that don't fully acknowledge his disability.

didn't mean to star a flame here, I genuinely wasn't aware of Sam's dyslexia. thanks for the info.

As far as I'm aware Josh doesn't suffer from dyslexia. He just appears supercilious, foolhardy, and tired with respect to communication. I'm also pretty sure he doesn't oversee day to day operations with Butterfly Labs, so what specifically is his role? I once assumed he was CEO, but he categorically stated he wasn't.

In any case he should be embracing legitimate competition from another continent, he damn well knows his market and his own company require competition to survive.

If I have to be honest i think that our time is not well spent talking about BFL_josh/Inaba imho, it's a matter that really doesn't deserve any kind of attention

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

[strip josh post screenshot]

Keep it going Josh .. I am sure you will continued your little ranting and bad mouth others Grin

What have you done to make others proud of you. ??

Whilst it is important to keep this thread on topic, I feel, once again the need to correct Josh's ability to phrase his intent in English; it's 'at their current unrealistic timeline' Josh, not, 'on their current unrealistic timeline'. Like your last defamatory comment Josh, this is gibberish.

What on Earth is up with communication in tech industries? These are meant to be bright people, and I'm struggling to find any with the ability to speak their own language fluently. I'd forgive, or politely assist if it wasn't their mother tongue, or should they have a disability, but Josh is the epitome of a car crash at communication.

What exactly is his role within Butterfly Labs?

sorry can't resist, but those statements could be applied to Sam as well, am I wrong?

I was well aware when I wrote that, but Sam genuinely suffers from dyslexia (difficulty in learning to read fluently and with accurate comprehension despite normal intelligence), yet appears fully capable of overseeing and running multiple departments of a growing company undeterred. He also has the humility to persist in communicating what his customers need to hear despite this set back, and the criticism sustained by those that don't fully acknowledge his disability.

As far as I'm aware Josh doesn't suffer from dyslexia. He just appears supercilious, foolhardy, and tired with respect to communication. I'm also pretty sure he doesn't oversee day to day operations with Butterfly Labs, so what specifically is his role? I once assumed he was CEO, but he categorically stated he wasn't.

In any case he should be embracing legitimate competition from another continent, he damn well knows his market and his own company require competition to survive.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

[strip josh post screenshot]

Keep it going Josh .. I am sure you will continued your little ranting and bad mouth others Grin

Whilst it is important to keep this thread on topic, I feel, once again the need to correct Josh's ability to phrase his intent in English; it's 'at their current unrealistic timeline' Josh, not, 'on their current unrealistic timeline'. Like your last defamatory comment Josh, this is gibberish.

What on Earth is up with communication in tech industries? These are meant to be bright people, and I'm struggling to find any with the ability to speak their own language fluently. I'd forgive, or politely assist if it wasn't their mother tongue, or should they have a disability, but Josh is the epitome of a car crash at communication.

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

Can we keep this thread about KNCminer gear please, rather than turning it into yet another BFL trolling thread?

+1
erk
Activity: 826

Can we keep this thread about KNCminer gear please, rather than turning it into yet another BFL trolling thread?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
31xx New (Payed)
is what is listed under my order, but when I check the dashed order number in the front page: it says just "New"

They only quote shipping day on the original batch of pre-orders, not new orders.

Ah ok. I did order a mecury first day, but I thought I saw people have 1 day.

Mercury wasn't even available till yesterday... You are 3 weeks late to get a pre-order q list number.  Day one was June 3rd. You will simply be added to the que.

Can't wait to see something like a 1Th/s Neptune!

Not sure whether you'll get a 1 Th/s Neptune. Mercury is a tiny planet and Juipter, followed by Saturn are the largest in our 9 planet solar system. Neptune would have to be between Mercury and Saturn.

I think KnC will need some help with names as we centre outside of out solar system in future... Grin

I'd vote for VY Canis Majoris.

Osiris (which happens to be 2.5 times the size of Jupiter) is one of 4 unofficially named extra-solar system planets.

http://exonamesociety.forumotions.net/t4-list-of-names
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_209458_b
Activity: 462
Is there anyone, anything, human or not that can tell me how this suspected miner works? Is there built in Ethernet? USB? These are lots of normal questions even BFL was able to answer without a prototype. I want to be able to manage my fathers miner remotely and have yet to find out what kind of connections are on them.

go away.. it doesnt work..  we are all scammed..  thank you

It could be a possibility, bitcoin right at $78 USD isn't doing to well.

Bitcoin's doing just fine, as long as you're buying. Smiley

Unfortunately it looks like ASICminer may be selling...

AM is ~ 25% of the network hash. That works out to about 900 BTC/day or 6300 BTC/week, spread across several thousand shareholders. They're certainly not all selling - I'm doubtful that's the reason for the low point. Also, let's say that AM didn't exist - what makes you think that miners and pool operators getting their share of the blocks would operate any differently? The same BTC gets generated every day, it's just a matter of distribution.

you need to read what you wrote again...   it is WAY different when a few major piles need to either grab ROI before the next or one miner builder have to exchange btc for chip orders than if many users have small amounts.

you blow out the bid on an exchange and the ticker drops..  you would think if it is only AM then they would slow drip, but there are a few others so it turns into little races of cashouts to beat the other guy

this will continue till early next year.... get used to it

Especially as ASIC per-orderer's cash out to cover ROI, which incidentally is why I've been so vocal on only acquiring what you can afford to spend and not getting into debt over ASIC hardware. Anyone predicting ROI on today's BTC values is deluding themselves as there are too many unknowns and a negative trend as people having purchased equipment will almost certainly occur as individuals cash-out in receipt of their goods as they mine. I just think AM is beating them to the crunch right now...

Yes indeed.. It started this trend from $120 a month or so ago.  I am ready for the long haul, at least a year from now to restabalize so I will keep an eye out for a fire sale of miners from people who just got in over their head.

There are quite a few with deep pockets (old money) that may try to really corner the markets though..  the same folk that dont mind buying up the pricy AM blades for instance.
Is there anyone, anything, human or not that can tell me how this suspected miner works? Is there built in Ethernet? USB? These are lots of normal questions even BFL was able to answer without a prototype. I want to be able to manage my fathers miner remotely and have yet to find out what kind of connections are on them.

AM is ~ 25% of the network hash. That works out to about 900 BTC/day or 6300 BTC/week, spread across several thousand shareholders. They're certainly not all selling - I'm doubtful that's the reason for the low point. Also, let's say that AM didn't exist - what makes you think that miners and pool operators getting their share of the blocks would operate any differently? The same BTC gets generated every day, it's just a matter of distribution.

you need to read what you wrote again...   it is WAY different when a few major piles need to either grab ROI before the next or one miner builder have to exchange btc for chip orders than if many users have small amounts.

you blow out the bid on an exchange and the ticker drops..  you would think if it is only AM then they would slow drip, but there are a few others so it turns into little races of cashouts to beat the other guy

Especially as ASIC per-orderer's cash out to cover ROI, which incidentally is why I've been so vocal on only acquiring what you can afford to spend and not getting into debt over ASIC hardware. Anyone predicting ROI on today's BTC values is deluding themselves as there are too many unknowns and a negative trend as people having purchased equipment will almost certainly occur as individuals cash-out in receipt of their goods as they mine. I just think AM is beating them to the crunch right now...
Activity: 462

Activity: 406
Ya, they are selling without a doubt
The evidence?
Why would an investor drive the price down and not up?
Because the investor wants or needs fiat.
So why drive the price down, why not bargain for more fiat?

The main people that tend to drive the price down, are brain dead  miners that think they mined their coin for next to nothing and any return is ok, or people trying to buy BTC at a lower price in anticipation of a rise. People who need fiat tend to make smarter smaller transactions not to rock the price.

Or those wishing to manipulate the market by driving the price down by selling at a higher price, only to acquire a greater volume at a lower price. When you are powerful, and centralised enough, say for instance; if you possess 20-25% of the entire Bitcoin network you can openly practice price manipulation and arbitrage, and no one can do anything to prevent you...

http://poseidon01.ssrn.com/delivery.php?ID=265092002101091123006084097109123111000052061006004009102124091103094031031117033107060055105085003027097079069107032093034006026102123018001111094124000091073077039071127114114020090003123098107&EXT=pdf

Couldn't Agreed More: 1) He make money from selling his hardware and IPO 2) He mines and make money 3) He drive the price down and he buy backs to drive the price up. That is the power of the 25%
The evidence?

The main people that tend to drive the price down, are brain dead  miners that think they mined their coin for next to nothing and any return is ok, or people trying to buy BTC at a lower price in anticipation of a rise. People who need fiat tend to make smarter smaller transactions not to rock the price.

Or those wishing to manipulate the market by driving the price down by selling at a higher price, only to acquire a greater volume at a lower price. When you are powerful, and centralised enough, say for instance; if you possess 20-25% of the entire Bitcoin network you can openly practice price manipulation and arbitrage, and no one can do anything to prevent you...

http://poseidon01.ssrn.com/delivery.php?ID=265092002101091123006084097109123111000052061006004009102124091103094031031117033107060055105085003027097079069107032093034006026102123018001111094124000091073077039071127114114020090003123098107&EXT=pdf
31xx New (Payed)
is what is listed under my order, but when I check the dashed order number in the front page: it says just "New"

They only quote shipping day on the original batch of pre-orders, not new orders.

Mercury wasn't even available till yesterday... You are 3 weeks late to get a pre-order q list number.  Day one was June 3rd. You will simply be added to the que.

Not sure whether you'll get a 1 Th/s Neptune. Mercury is a tiny planet and Juipter, followed by Saturn are the largest in our 9 planet solar system. Neptune would have to be between Mercury and Saturn.

I think KnC will need some help with names as we centre outside of out solar system in future... Grin
They should start going to larger objects indeed. Orion, Andromeda, Arcturus, Capella, Rigel, etc. 'Andromeda' has a nice ring to it.

I had been thinking 'Andromedia' as well, but it's a galaxy (so a mining collective Wink) not a planet!

VY Canis Majoris is technically a star not a planet, a hypergiant one at that...
erk
The evidence?

The main people that tend to drive the price down, are brain dead  miners that think they mined their coin for next to nothing and any return is ok, or people trying to buy BTC at a lower price in anticipation of a rise. People who need fiat tend to make smarter smaller transactions not to rock the price.
Activity: 252
31xx New (Payed)

Well, they could still use The Sun or even use The Milky Way or the Asteroid Belt.

If BFL was naming their units based off of things from space, their products would clearly be known as The Black hole.
Burn!!!

Activity: 252
31xx New (Payed)

They should start going to larger objects indeed. Orion, Andromeda, Arcturus, Capella, Rigel, etc. 'Andromeda' has a nice ring to it.
Activity: 574
The evidence?
erk

The evidence?

Jump to: