Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1994. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Here's an update on shipping estimates from KnC.  I received this in an email from Emilia Cole in Customer Service today (06/30/2013), so anyone ordering in the next week has a pretty good shot at October delivery.

We had a 7 days payment window for pre-orders that closed on 10/6.

After that all orders were and will be added to the queue based on payment date Im afraid.

Orders paid next week are expected to be shipped in October.

Got the same answer. Orders payed now will be shipped in October. 3 months, not so bad.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
legendary
Activity: 994
Here's an update on shipping estimates from KnC.  I received this in an email from Emilia Cole in Customer Service today (06/30/2013), so anyone ordering in the next week has a pretty good shot at October delivery.

We had a 7 days payment window for pre-orders that closed on 10/6.

After that all orders were and will be added to the queue based on payment date Im afraid.

Orders paid next week are expected to be shipped in October.
Activity: 462
I think knc is where they want to be right now slightly ahead of schedule for September deliveries.  If I were the competition I would be worried seeing as how once they pump out these machines they begin working on more energy efficient models maybe even 22nm chips.
Activity: 322
  Grin
legendary
LIR DEV
 Grin
Activity: 322
Dude,
Don't get me all excited...
legendary
LIR DEV
I feel we need to be concern if " any company that has yet to announce any mass ordering of chips from foundries now or a few weeks earlier, we may be worry and anxious if they could deliver on time. like  "Rampion" says we need to know whether the Chips has been order?? [b]They only need to let us know if  the Chips has been order to calm all our nerves.[/b] " Sounds like from their latest newsletter they are still tweaking the Asic Chips??

I obviously agree with you. From kncminer last post in this thread we understand that the chip order has not been placed yet, as they are still discussing with the fab "how much", while they find out "how many". I guess that's why they extended again the payment window, they need people to pay, and that's why they didn't cancel the unpaid orders as they say they would have done weeks ago.

Anyhow, they say we shouldn't be worried because they are meeting all the deadlines, but to be honest I won't be confident until there is a precise chip ETA.

I disagree.   In the OpenDay report, it was discussed that they did not allow Marcus to continue "Tweaking" the chips(that was Jun 12), as they had a deadline to meet. Also, the fact that the last news report (June 26)confirmed from the MANUFACTURER, that the updated RTL code did indeed increase the performance of the chips; which to me, means that not only have they been on this for quite some time, but that the manufacturer was testing the first production chips last week, which couldn't be done without a working PCB as well.... So I think they are ALOT further down the path than you are thinking...
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Looks like around CA$1000 (I ran the numbers for Quebec, for kicks). Hope that your province is kinder on computer imports!

Wow that is a great tool I tried those kind of tools in the past but couldn't get anywhere with them. Looks like $1100 per Jupiter here, but a business will get that all back with their HST/GST/PST refund.

I picked blade server, for lack of knowing what else to pick. No duty on that which is great, I don't think you would get a refund on the duty like with the taxes.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
I tried searching for other Canadians that have imported mining equipment, but duties depend on the country of origin and I have never seen "made in Sweden" on anything. Somebody paid $120 on an Avalon.

I am thinking the way to find out would be to start with the shipping company? They would most likely use a brokerage that would have a pretty good idea.  

Of course in Canada we are starting at HST or GST/PST, that is tax deductible for businesses. But duty I don't really know.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Looks like around CA$1000 (I ran the numbers for Quebec, for kicks). Hope that your province is kinder on computer imports!
I tried searching for other Canadians that have imported mining equipment, but duties depend on the country of origin and I have never seen "made in Sweden" on anything. Somebody paid $120 on an Avalon.

I am thinking the way to find out would be to start with the shipping company? They would most likely use a brokerage that would have a pretty good idea.  

Of course in Canada we are starting at HST or GST/PST, that is tax deductible for businesses. But duty I don't really know.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Not sure about US duty, but here in the UK it is pretty hit or miss whether you get stung for import duty. I have been lucky sometimes and other times not so lucky.

US Duty is going to be minimal - 0.3464% or $25, whichever is greater. On a single Jupiter, that comes out to $25 - payable to UPS on delivery.
Activity: 51
Not sure about US duty, but here in the UK it is pretty hit or miss whether you get stung for import duty. I have been lucky sometimes and other times not so lucky.

It was stated in this forum way back near the beginning somewhere that in the U.S. you will have to pay the UPS guy the customs import tax.  I don't remember exactly what was said but I'm thinking it was around $120.

Might be worth looking up again.

I was planning on about ten times that amount for Canada customs. Duties are unpredictable. I once paid $40 duty on a $60 sweater from the states.  Other things have no duty.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I'm wondering when mining won't be worth it soon. One day they'll have a tough time trying to sell a Jupiter for $2k. If it takes 3 years to pay that back when the network changes, then we'll be bake right where we started from. Crazy people hooking up as many miners as they can to squeeze every dollar out.

I'm asking KNCMiner this question. What mining software does your devices run on? Is is custom stuff, or  whatever else is out there?

They aim to offer test units to all developers, they may develop their own software as well, they have the capability to, but they understand the community found ways to resolve issues in the past by developing their own solutions and they don't want to undermine such great effort and important work, so in answer to your question, could be both, but will definitely as a manufacture that respects the community; want to support current software solutions...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I feel we need to be concern if " any company that has yet to announce any mass ordering of chips from foundries now or a few weeks earlier, we may be worry and anxious if they could deliver on time. like  "Rampion" says we need to know whether the Chips has been order?? [b]They only need to let us know if  the Chips has been order to calm all our nerves.[/b] " Sounds like from their latest newsletter they are still tweaking the Asic Chips??

I obviously agree with you. From kncminer last post in this thread we understand that the chip order has not been placed yet, as they are still discussing with the fab "how much", while they find out "how many". I guess that's why they extended again the payment window, they need people to pay, and that's why they didn't cancel the unpaid orders as they say they would have done weeks ago.

Anyhow, they say we shouldn't be worried because they are meeting all the deadlines, but to be honest I won't be confident until there is a precise chip ETA.
well, if you just look at the bitcoin price and the amount mined in that time, you get double the amount of bitcoins back for every bitcoin paid. and imho the difficulty increase of 1.5% per day is too much. i don't believe most people are willing to go for an arms race with asic miners, so pretty much only asicminer will increase steadily to hold it's percentage.

The calculation is pessimistic (1.5% diff inc.), so it's the worst case scenario. As I'm reading the forums, tons of ASICs are coming in the next 6 months: BKK, BFL, Burnin, Avalon sold at least 200k chips, thats why I calculated with 1.5%.

So it's making me nuts, hard to decide to spend 4k on this or not.  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
I'm wondering when mining won't be worth it soon. One day they'll have a tough time trying to sell a Jupiter for $2k. If it takes 3 years to pay that back when the network changes, then we'll be bake right where we started from. Crazy people hooking up as many miners as they can to squeeze every dollar out.

I'm asking KNCMiner this question. What mining software does your devices run on? Is is custom stuff, or  whatever else is out there?

I punched in some numbers for the Jupiter and depending on delivery date... scarily enough, didn't even break even on Coinish's calculator. I threw in the 10% fee to approximate hosting + pool fee:

http://imgur.com/p5YrFkY

I suspect the 1.3% difficulty increase per day may not be sustainable... Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Well I dont know how Coninsh is calculating, but its wrong imho.

I calculated this:

A 200 GH unit arrives on 1st of October, and you mine with it until 30th of June, 2014 with an estimated 1.5% difficulty increase per day. Difficulty will be 86,478,334 when you start mining! Thats only 1.1631 BTC / day with 200 GH. At the end, difficulty is 4,745,398,413 with an estimated 0,0212 BTC / day.

Overall: 77,2888 BTC. USD / BTC rate can't be predicted, so just stick to BTC earnings.

Is it worth to buy or not?  Huh If BTC rises to 1000$, then yes...

Opinions?

[investment and power costs not included]

I think you meant Overall: 77.2888 BTC correct?  A decimal not a comma   

Yeah overall 77 BTC, sorry. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 994
I feel we need to be concern if " any company that has yet to announce any mass ordering of chips from foundries now or a few weeks earlier, we may be worry and anxious if they could deliver on time. like  "Rampion" says we need to know whether the Chips has been order?? They only need to let us know if  the Chips has been order to calm all our nerves. " Sounds like from their latest newsletter they are still tweaking the Asic Chips??

Not that you've asked me specifically for my opinion, but we have to admit that by ordering product from KnC we at least have to acknowledge that they have expertise that we don't have.  They have stated that everything is on track for September delivery and those things that need to be purchased have been purchased.  Those that don't will be in due course.

As consumers of their product it is pointless to second guess their time schedule.  I understand that OTHER actors in this space have proven to be incapable of delivering on time.  However, KnC has exceeded expectations at every turn.

My 2c, kick back, have a drink and relax.  I have confidence that they will make their delivery schedule.
Jump to: